Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: The price to the fans for 14-2: a 6.45% ticket price increase

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    I'm curious what you find wrong with the food?
    Lack of healthy options. Look at Fed Ex, which offers gluten-free and vegan menus. Naval Academy has offered meatless chili and local crabcakes. Ravens/Aramark used to offer Beyond Burger in 2018, then stopped after low demand due to their gross negligence (15 minute preparation time vs Burger King's 60 seconds).

Basic menu throughout the stadium is still hot dogs & fries.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Lack of healthy options. Look at Fed Ex, which offers gluten-free and vegan menus. Naval Academy has offered meatless chili and local crabcakes. Ravens/Aramark used to offer Beyond Burger in 2018, then stopped after low demand due to their gross negligence (15 minute preparation time vs Burger King's 60 seconds).

I know where you are coming from T, but you are asking for something that would be in low demand by the customer base.

The ticket price increase...mehh...gotta expect that every 3 years or so with the salary cap moving up each year.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    The only way parking is going to improve is for the Orioles and Ravens to split the bill for garages (which will also make parking orders of magnitude worse while they are under construction). That, put simply, will not happen. Without such facilities, permanent bathrooms (can you imagine the nightmare of installing new plumbing under the existing parking lots?) won't be happening either.

Getting out of the stadium is a different matter entirely. The goal should be to get vehicles away from the stadium as quickly as possible - prioritize routes that hit 395 over Russell Street. Maybe block access to the 395 ramp from Russell Street for the first 45(?) minutes after the game (or until 80% of the lots are cleared) and direct all possible traffic this way. The reality - there are up to 70,000 people in approximately 3 million square feet (including all official stadium lots) - about .107 square miles. That's 11% of the city population crammed into .11% of the total footprint of the city (ie, extremely dense) - traffic is always going to be a problem. The math would only look worse if you bring surrounding counties into the equation. The only real solution to that is to build a new stadium outside of Baltimore City, but also has direct access to at least 2 major highways. I'm not sure there is anywhere else inside of Baltimore City or County that makes this any better.
    I agree with the ramp closure. The cluster from that is closing the exit from lot B for the Uber n Lyft pick ups. Another issue that needs to be looked at is the pipes below the overpass on lot C that run like a river onto the lot when it rains.

The Ravens need to look at the Ramp from the Light Rail/Parking lot. The crowd just stands still about 45 minutes before the game. That is a EASY fix. Just stop parking State Police cars at the ramp and give the fans move room to go to other entrances. There is NO reason that the State Police can't park further around and leave that area open for the fans to walk. The fans even started walking on the other side of the cars but that was really dangerous.

The Ravens could have done a much BETTER job telling the PSL owners that there were going to be a lot of dumb changes to the ticket payment. A 10 day warning that you have to pay on Feb 18 for a smaller payment sure is not much of a heads up. There is NO reason except to make interest on ticket money to change the ticket payment plans. But like normal the fan are getting hosed again and have to pay. So like the last increase for escalators that lower level ticket owners had to pay for but don't use, what are we paying for this time that we won't be able to use?????

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

Kosher stand at sec 130,Chesapeake market sec 111 and 138, Pappas, Subway sec 150, Green Turtle sec 248, and other healthier options in the club, Gluten free sec 126. The only thing you mentioned that I wasnt able to find on the ravens app was vegan options

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    Kosher stand at sec 130,Chesapeake market sec 111 and 138, Pappas, Subway sec 150, Green Turtle sec 248, and other healthier options in the club, Gluten free sec 126. The only thing you mentioned that I wasnt able to find on the ravens app was vegan options
    Interesting .... better offerings on first deck than offered in the club section. Thanks!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Will have to see what our tix increase by, but this is fair. Hopefully the price on the upper level tix increased more than my lower level seats. Being someone with zero use for the escalators, the upper level folks can foot the bill for those.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Will have to see what our tix increase by, but this is fair. Hopefully the price on the upper level tix increased more than my lower level seats. Being someone with zero use for the escalators, the upper level folks can foot the bill for those.
    I agree with the escalator tidbit... No use for them having lower level tickets.

Prepare yourself for sticker shock if you're anywhere near midfield.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    I agree with the escalator tidbit... No use for them having lower level tickets.
    Yep, or any other upper deck amenities they may have added along with the escalators. I'm struggling to think of what they've done to "improve the gameday experience" for those of us in the lower level in recent years. Food, I guess, which I never buy. Still no TVs in the restrooms, which seems like a fairly easy and relatively inexpensive improvement. Maybe if I bitch about that enough for long enough it'll eventually come true, like the escalators which most thought would never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Prepare yourself for sticker shock if you're anywhere near midfield.
    Fortunately, not quite midfield...I am in 119, so corner endzone. I'll have to see if my dad got the renewal package to see what the cost is.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Yep, or any other upper deck amenities they may have added along with the escalators. I'm struggling to think of what they've done to "improve the gameday experience" for those of us in the lower level in recent years. Food, I guess, which I never buy. Still no TVs in the restrooms, which seems like a fairly easy and relatively inexpensive improvement. Maybe if I bitch about that enough for long enough it'll eventually come true, like the escalators which most thought would never happen.
    I don't think it works that way.

When the club level is renovated, everyone pays. When escalators are installed, eveyone pays.

The "gameday experience" for me is less about blacklights and big TVs, and more about winning games played in the stadium. That includes fucking playoff games. Can you tell I'm still a little hot?

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I don't think it works that way.

When the club level is renovated, everyone pays. When escalators are installed, eveyone pays.

The "gameday experience" for me is less about blacklights and big TVs, and more about winning games played in the stadium. That includes fucking playoff games. Can you tell I'm still a little hot?
    Yeah, I know, but they said in the release T posted that it's a "blended increase" and different sections increased by different amounts, so my thinking is that should take into account stadium renovations and who is using them or who they are impacting.

I'm not naive enough to think it will.

I'm sure they just mean, if you are sitting lower level at midfield, your tickets increased by more than the guy who is sitting at the top of the corner end zone of the upper deck.

I'm with you on the gameday experience stuff. The big video boards they put in the corner end zones are fine and all, but I can count on one hand the number of times I actually look at them during the game. That stuff is mostly irrelevant to me. I do want TVs in the restrooms because everyone has to go at some point, and with the typical lines, it'd be nice to be able to continue to watch the game and not listen to the barely audible (over the crowd) radio feed.
    back on twitter