Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 25 to 36 of 36
  1. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cub Hill, MD
    Posts
    5,345

    Re: The price to the fans for 14-2: a 6.45% ticket price increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Yeah, I know, but they said in the release T posted that it's a "blended increase" and different sections increased by different amounts, so my thinking is that should take into account stadium renovations and who is using them or who they are impacting.

    I'm not naive enough to think it will.

    I'm sure they just mean, if you are sitting lower level at midfield, your tickets increased by more than the guy who is sitting at the top of the corner end zone of the upper deck.

    I'm with you on the gameday experience stuff. The big video boards they put in the corner end zones are fine and all, but I can count on one hand the number of times I actually look at them during the game. That stuff is mostly irrelevant to me. I do want TVs in the restrooms because everyone has to go at some point, and with the typical lines, it'd be nice to be able to continue to watch the game and not listen to the barely audible (over the crowd) radio feed.
    Could be wrong, but I think the "proportional increase" is probably tied to how similar seats are priced in the rest if the league. Bisciotti said if I recall that he wanted the Ravens to be in the top half or third of the league in terms of ticket prices to support spending to the cap. If our upper deck seats are in line with that and the lower deck wasn't, for example, you'd see more of an increase for the lowers.


    WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012





  2. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Glen Burnie
    Posts
    1,649
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The price to the fans for 14-2: a 6.45% ticket price increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Interesting .... better offerings on first deck than offered in the club section. Thanks!
    There are a lot more offering in the club than on the 1st level, I just didnt name them all, There are pit beef and turkey stands, Crab cakes, sushi, chicken tender bites and more





  3. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perry Hall, MD
    Posts
    32,277

    Re: The price to the fans for 14-2: a 6.45% ticket price increase

    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi





  4. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perry Hall
    Posts
    187

    Re: The price to the fans for 14-2: a 6.45% ticket price increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    I'm curious what you find wrong with the food? It's a stadium in a cold weather climate that has 10 games per season. You cant really expect much more than what they offer. The offerings can only be so fresh because they have 1-3 games per month, and product that isnt used has to be frozen. With it being cold, food gets cold fast, so you are losing quality there that can't be helped. They have added Pappas, and Shake shack in the last few seasons to give more options. What are you looking for from stadium food?
    The Upper Deck could have more offerings than chicken fingers, fries hot dogs and pizza.
    Baltimore Football Championships
    Ravens 2000, 2012
    Stallions 95 CFL
    Stars 85 USFL
    Colts 58, 59, 70





  5. #29

    Re: The price to the fans for 14-2: a 6.45% ticket price increase

    2% per year seems reasonable. And I understand they hold off in down-years and wait for up-years to catch up on the increases. My issue, going back to 1996, was the base price. 24 years ago, with a new house, a baby, and another on the way, and a $60K/year HH income there was absolutely no way I could justify a pair of PSLs and season tickets. With a wife who really didn't dig football, I couldn't even justify half that to treat myself for something I was going to do without her. As the years went by, I grew accustomed to only going to a couple games a year.

    Question: For those who did jump in at the beginning, how has that PSL investment worked out? The "promise" was that a PSL would be an investment that would increase in value but 25 years later I don't sense there was any truth to that. I went on the marketplace and see hundreds of PSLs for sale for an average of $1,100 each. What is everyone's experience with PSL value?





  6. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Glen Burnie
    Posts
    1,649
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The price to the fans for 14-2: a 6.45% ticket price increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    2% per year seems reasonable. And I understand they hold off in down-years and wait for up-years to catch up on the increases. My issue, going back to 1996, was the base price. 24 years ago, with a new house, a baby, and another on the way, and a $60K/year HH income there was absolutely no way I could justify a pair of PSLs and season tickets. With a wife who really didn't dig football, I couldn't even justify half that to treat myself for something I was going to do without her. As the years went by, I grew accustomed to only going to a couple games a year.

    Question: For those who did jump in at the beginning, how has that PSL investment worked out? The "promise" was that a PSL would be an investment that would increase in value but 25 years later I don't sense there was any truth to that. I went on the marketplace and see hundreds of PSLs for sale for an average of $1,100 each. What is everyone's experience with PSL value?
    Ive had PSLs since 2000 and I would say that I got my monies worth out of them in the last 20 years. up until 2012ish PSLs could be sold for more than double what I paid, I paid $750 each, probably could have gotten $1700-1800 each, after the 2013 season they started to drop, and after the kneeling a lot of people sold theirs or just walked away. This combined with other factors made the market collapse. I've had several people who had sat around me for years completely walk away because they couldnt even get $200 per seat. There is not the same value to most people that there once was.





  7. #31

    Re: The price to the fans for 14-2: a 6.45% ticket price increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Question: For those who did jump in at the beginning, how has that PSL investment worked out? The "promise" was that a PSL would be an investment that would increase in value but 25 years later I don't sense there was any truth to that. I went on the marketplace and see hundreds of PSLs for sale for an average of $1,100 each. What is everyone's experience with PSL value?
    There was no such "promise". Just an urban legend.

    I originally spent $1,000 apiece for 1/2 dozen uppers. I have no idea what they are worth today. I had four seats in row 1 (outstanding view from 35 YL) which technically belonged to a friend in a wheelchair. When Mrs T forced me to "upgrade" below, I just turned them back to him after getting my money's worth for 15 years ($5/game or so). I believe that he sold them for that same $1,000, but the guy who bought them had to eat that cost after he quit attending, post-anthem. The two remaining seats I lease out, with the ultimate intention of giving them to my kids or grandkids. If that doesn't happen, and if I don't get a nickel for them if I try selling them, I won't have any regrets. Figure $1000 divided by the 235 or so home games = about $4/game extra enjoyment factor.


    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    With a wife who really didn't dig football, I couldn't even justify half that to treat myself for something I was going to do without her. As the years went by, I grew accustomed to only going to a couple games a year.
    I've got the opposite issue. For several years, I've been trying to talk my wife into giving up the Ravens season tickets in favor of selective single games, as we did with our O's season tickets after the riots. She flat out refuses - she loves the games & the stadium electricity too much.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).





  8. #32

    Re: The price to the fans for 14-2: a 6.45% ticket price increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    There are a lot more offering in the club than on the 1st level, I just didnt name them all, There are pit beef and turkey stands, Crab cakes, sushi, chicken tender bites and more
    OK, thanks ... I was talking about more health conscious foods. I had to give up all the great animal fat dishes, for health reasons many years ago. My wife is a vegetarian, by choice. Sometimes we get special orders, which the Ravens staff will get prepared for us in the downstairs kitchen. I just don't like playing that card too often, so we usually just bring food into the stadium to eat it cold.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).





  9. #33

    Re: The price to the fans for 14-2: a 6.45% ticket price increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    Ive had PSLs since 2000 and I would say that I got my monies worth out of them in the last 20 years. up until 2012ish PSLs could be sold for more than double what I paid, I paid $750 each, probably could have gotten $1700-1800 each, after the 2013 season they started to drop, and after the kneeling a lot of people sold theirs or just walked away. This combined with other factors made the market collapse. I've had several people who had sat around me for years completely walk away because they couldnt even get $200 per seat. There is not the same value to most people that there once was.
    I mean, in 2000, Blockbuster video was still a thing and most people had land lines. Life and the entertainment industry has changed so significantly in 20 years.





  10. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    14,421

    Re: The price to the fans for 14-2: a 6.45% ticket price increase

    Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Someone needs to google inflation lmao.
    Just put your psl and ticket totals into qqq and you’re gonna be ahead of the curve
    According to this article:

    https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...SL-PRICES.aspx

    1996 PSLs went between $500-$3000.
    1996 ticket prices were between $17-$75,with an average price of $40.

    Using the inflation calculator you suggested, in today's dollars those prices would be:

    PSLs between $822-$4932
    Tickets between $28-$123, with an average price of $66.

    So you can tell me whether or not prices are increasing once inflation is figured into the equation.





  11. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perry Hall
    Posts
    187

    Re: The price to the fans for 14-2: a 6.45% ticket price increase

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    According to this article:

    https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...SL-PRICES.aspx

    1996 PSLs went between $500-$3000.
    1996 ticket prices were between $17-$75,with an average price of $40.

    Using the inflation calculator you suggested, in today's dollars those prices would be:

    PSLs between $822-$4932
    Tickets between $28-$123, with an average price of $66.

    So you can tell me whether or not prices are increasing once inflation is figured into the equation.
    I sold my 2 original PSL's in section 513 for 12K in 2008. I think you can look that up on the marketplace. Not bad for a $1,000 investment.

    Just sold my second upper deck PSL that I've had since I bought back in in 2012 (single seat) at a loss but overall I'm still way ahead of the game. No complaints.
    Baltimore Football Championships
    Ravens 2000, 2012
    Stallions 95 CFL
    Stars 85 USFL
    Colts 58, 59, 70





  12. #36

    Re: The price to the fans for 14-2: a 6.45% ticket price increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Question: For those who did jump in at the beginning, how has that PSL investment worked out? The "promise" was that a PSL would be an investment that would increase in value but 25 years later I don't sense there was any truth to that. I went on the marketplace and see hundreds of PSLs for sale for an average of $1,100 each. What is everyone's experience with PSL value?
    I've told this story before. My Dad bought four PSL's for $3500 each. When he moved to Florida he sold all four for a total of $80,000. No lie. That was around 2006 or so.

    As for me, the PSL for my seat was $1,250. Bought it in 2000. (Up til then I was sitting in Dad's company seats that no one ever wanted.) So 19 years X 8 games = 152, plus 6 home playoff games is 158. That means currently, I've essentially paid a surcharge of about $8 per game for my PSL. At least that's how I look at it. That money was not an investment, and I never thought of it as one. If I get money out of it one day, great, but really it's just another cost of going to see a football game, just like paying the markup on beer or paying for parking.
    "Not bad for a running back."





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site