Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stephon Diggs

Re: Stephon Diggs

Low first round picks are not that valuable. Please stop with this madness.

Diggs at his current level production is better than any first round pick we probably get at this point.

We need firepower. Diggs would really help that.

At some point we have to realize we can’t be a great defensive and offensive team. We hung our hat on defense all these years at the expense of offense.

We got some good corners, a solid safety and 2 good tackles.

At this point I’m ready to go all in on offense. If we can get playmakers let’s get them. Would the chiefs win that super bowl without Tyreke hill?

Of course not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post

Diggs at his current level production is better than any first round pick we probably get at this point.

At some point we have to realize we can’t be a great defensive and offensive team. We hung our hat on defense all these years at the expense of offense.

At this point I’m ready to go all in on offense. If we can get playmakers let’s get them. Would the chiefs win that super bowl without Tyreke hill?

Of course not.

Yes Low 1st round picks are extremely valuable. Ray Lewis was a low 1st rounder.

The vikings just paid Diggs and Thielen both. They finally had a productive year out of Cousins and there is no way they would entertain trading Diggs.

Its fools gold to even think about it because its never going to happen.

He and thielen tie up like 28 million on cap hits next year alone.

The Ravens are trying to win while Jackson is still on a rookie deal. There is no point in taking on that contract.

There are guys who will hit free agency like possibly AJ Green who could have the same impact.

Diggs wont be seeing that kind of production, in this type of offense.

Decosta is too smart to give away draft picks and I think there is about a 1% chance for it to ever happen

Blog Entries

Would love Diggs and I would absolutely trade the 28th overall pick for him.

However - it ain't happening.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Would love Diggs and I would absolutely trade the 28th overall pick for him.

However - it ain't happening.

Its not the player or even the draft pick.

Its the contract that would kill the deal. This team looks really good on offense, possibly a solid posession WR away like an older vet (AJ Green).

The defense is where the cap spending would yield the immediate impact. Picking up 2 starters on the DL, possibly a LB and focusing heavy on the draft I think would be the way to go.

Diggs 15 mill a year would be huge cap hit. I would rather see a 6 mill a year for an AJ green who would still be an upgrade

Diggs is a great player but I don't think he'd be a good fit for the Ravens. We need guys who are willing run blockers who don't complain about a lack of targets.

It seems like every year Diggs has some complaint to make. He didn't like Thielen's emergence taking some of his targets, he didn't like the Vikings running too much, he was disruptive on the sideline in the 49ers playoff game.

I think maybe the Vikings have had enough and are willing to trade him away but he seems too selfish for the Ravens team-first WR room.

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    Over/Under 4 years before he turns into the next Antonio Brown, mentally speaking?
    you can't just turn into the next AB. it takes years and years of dedicated work every offseason, practicing every day, honing your craft, in order to dig a hole that deep.

Blog Entries

Stefon Diggs is worth more than a first round pick. Especially, a late first round pick. Even though we all understand that this is just speculation, we can discuss with that in mind.

Lamar Jackson improving on his boundary throws isn't just about him. It's about who he is throwing too. Part of the reason why Jackson 'aims' more on those throws, is due to his lack of confidence in his accuracy toward those areas. However, another reason is, because we don't have the sort of guys that allow for mistakes on those throws. Unless the defense is selling out for the run, we don't have anyone on the outside who is going to consistently get open along the boundary. He needs to be able to trust who he's throwing to, to get open and be where he is supposed to be. That would allow him to throw with more confidence and play looser when targeting those areas, the manner in which he does when throwing over the middle.

Joe had Derrick Mason. Not only were they his best throws (With his weakness being over the middle), but he had a great deal of trust in Mason's route running and hands. The vast majority of the time, Mason was where he was supposed to be. So, even if coverage was tight, Joe could fit it in there.

The Baltimore Ravens have not shown a history of being able to draft high quality WRs. Brown is a good vertical threat, but will he stay healthy? Boykin has potential, but he looks to be about two years away.

Plainly put, the chances of you drafting a player at 28, of greater quality than Stefon Diggs, is extremely slim. The Titans dared us to throw to the outside. No one is going to dare anyone to throw to Stefon Diggs.

He is on a very reasonable deal for what he brings to the table.

So, while we all know it's not going to happen, if it were just a first, I would do it and finalize it, before Minnesota had a chance to change their mind.

I can understand anyone who feels that the scheme fit isn't there. However, with Jackson's immense potential as a passer, you would hope that they slowly transition to an offense where that is showcased more and if you're talking about putting Diggs with Andrews, Hurst and Brown, what better collection of WRs/TEs to accomplish that with?

We're also talking about a guy who has proven that he can step up in the playoffs. The playoffs are not too big for him. Seth Roberts dropped that one pass and you could see, being at the game, that it was in his head and the pressure was getting to him. I dare not say that about Willie Snead, but he wasn't right either.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Its not the player or even the draft pick.

Its the contract that would kill the deal. This team looks really good on offense, possibly a solid posession WR away like an older vet (AJ Green).

The defense is where the cap spending would yield the immediate impact. Picking up 2 starters on the DL, possibly a LB and focusing heavy on the draft I think would be the way to go.

Diggs 15 mill a year would be huge cap hit. I would rather see a 6 mill a year for an AJ green who would still be an upgrade
    That would assume that Green could be had for so little. Do you truly believe that he could?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Yes Low 1st round picks are extremely valuable. Ray Lewis was a low 1st rounder.
    Lol. So was Lamar. Ed Reed was 24th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Lol. So was Lamar. Ed Reed was 24th
    Todd Heap was 31st... Bc

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post

Of course not.
    The Chiefs could also rush the passer and while we can cover as well as anybody we have almost no pass rush.

You can be average at stopping the run, decent at coverage, but you need a game wrecker at pass rush to win in the post-season.

In a vaccum, Diggs is absolutely worth the 28th pick and he's also worth his contract.

I just don't see how we'd be able to go there with the amount of resources we probably should be throwing at the front 7.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.