Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: XFL

Re: XFL

thankx for link

June Jones' team as I recall
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

2. Re: XFL

Quote Originally Posted by Continuity Steve View Post
    You do understand that a QB ran 26 times and won once in NFL history, right. And in that game, we were down until the late 3rd quarter and it took a mid-late 4th quarter field goal to win. Lamar's 4.6 yards per carry in that game was well below his 2019 6.9 average when he was ran a bit more appropriately this year, indicating that 26 carries was inefficient and well beyond the point of diminished returns. Furthermore, our offense really takes off and becomes high scoring when Lamar goes off as a passer.

I get that you love running quarterbacks, but lets not pretend running them 26 times is an instant win formula. You have no data to back that up. What this XFL can do, however, is give running quarterbacks who don't have a chance to make a roster the opportunity to hone their passing skills against higher level competition so that their running and passing complement each other effectively, not outweigh each other to the point of inefficiency. I'm all for players getting a chance here, and there are valuable reps here for quarterbacks who won't make an NFL roster but have a potential NFL skill set to develop into someone who could eventually earn a roster spot or start at the next level.
    Won once, lost never. Run 26 times, win 100% of the time. Seems like an instant win formula. When a team runs their QB 26 times and loses, then the facts no longer support the idea that running the QB a ton of times leads to wins. I don't know exactly how to use the internet to find the top runs by a QB in a game, but I'm pretty sure that Lamar's 26 was tops and that was a win. I'd look at the top QB run games, and see if they were wins. I think that Lamar has run the most often of any QB, and, he's 19-3 as a starter. It seems that big numbers of QB runs correlate with wins. 3 losses in the regular season, and each of those 3 games, Lamar didn't have big numbers of runs. 14 v chiefs, 8 v chiefs, 9 v browns.

Again, this "lets not pretend running them 26 times is an instant win formula. You have no data to back that up." isn't right. Again, every single time a QB runs 26 times in the NFL, that's a win. That's 100% of the time. That's as close to an instant win formula that there is, and until a QB runs 26 times and loses in the NFL, it stays an instant win formula. Am I saying that a team who runs the QB 26 times will always win? No. What I'm saying is that so far, that has worked 100% of the time. If I could find the data, I'd put the 25 carry games, the 24 carry games in there and see exactly what we're looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Won once, lost never. Run 26 times, win 100% of the time. Seems like an instant win formula. When a team runs their QB 26 times and loses, then the facts no longer support the idea that running the QB a ton of times leads to wins. I don't know exactly how to use the internet to find the top runs by a QB in a game, but I'm pretty sure that Lamar's 26 was tops and that was a win. I'd look at the top QB run games, and see if they were wins. I think that Lamar has run the most often of any QB, and, he's 19-3 as a starter. It seems that big numbers of QB runs correlate with wins. 3 losses in the regular season, and each of those 3 games, Lamar didn't have big numbers of runs. 14 v chiefs, 8 v chiefs, 9 v browns.

Again, this "lets not pretend running them 26 times is an instant win formula. You have no data to back that up." isn't right. Again, every single time a QB runs 26 times in the NFL, that's a win. That's 100% of the time. That's as close to an instant win formula that there is, and until a QB runs 26 times and loses in the NFL, it stays an instant win formula. Am I saying that a team who runs the QB 26 times will always win? No. What I'm saying is that so far, that has worked 100% of the time. If I could find the data, I'd put the 25 carry games, the 24 carry games in there and see exactly what we're looking at.
    It has worked once, and statistically, he was much less efficient as a passer and as a runner by over using his legs. 26 runs by a qb is an anomaly, such so that it has only happened once and lead to a narrow and inefficient win. If you want to take that to the bank, go right ahead. But there’s plenty to look at in Lamar’s game to suggest his record is a product of his running supplementing his passing, that the offense is at his best when he’s passing effectively, and that he himself is unlike any player to have played the position. I don’t think you get the same impact putting, say, a Devin Hester or Dante Hall type dynamic runner at QB and just having them run or hand it off.

But I content that the XFL is, in fact, the perfect set up for running quarterbacks to get valuable development reps and improve their overall games to the point where they are balanced enough to eventually earn a roster spot in the league.

Blog Entries

This is the league that needs a TNF game. I’d be more inclined to watch than on weekends when I’m busy

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

XFL

Anyone watching this weekend?
    Trestman has the most boring vanilla offense in the league. If they can’t come back today, they may not win a game.

switched qbs and almost came back to win it.
    Houston looked pretty good out there. June Jones > Trestman.
    I'm enjoying this league so far
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

I just say down to watch the Dragons. Highlights from the first game were pretty legit.

You heard it hear first. Bect year XFL expands to 16 teams. I've enjoyed every game I've watched

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

NY is a shit show worthy of the Browns without a QB.

Blog Entries

XFL has been good. I def see some of those guys making some NFL teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Josh Johnson had a great day. How long has this cat been playing, he used to be Byron Leftwich's backup

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Josh Johnson had a great day. How long has this cat been playing, he used to be Byron Leftwich's backup
    I think he is 38 years old or something.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Anybody watching? Will be real interesting to see how they fare against nfl combine