Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: XFL

Re: XFL

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    one of these players is going to punch a reporter. I'm calling it here first.
    When they shove a mic in their face 5 seconds after a bad play and ask them about it, it's going to end badly at some stage.
    These guys are all amped trying to make an impression. I think you're right. Much less penalties and they're letting them play and hit.

All in all not bad at all

I'm watching tomorrow. Buddy told me the games are getting praise overall on the level of play. Thought is see what you guys thought seems positive here too.

Honestly, still feeling hurt by the playoff loss but offseason is just too long without football. Also, always felt the league needed a better system for practice squad/preseason guys to develop get seen outside of preseason on 1 team. Glad they dropped some of the stupidity of the original XFL that turned off football people in favor of the wrestling crowd. Looking forward to tomorrow's games

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3. Re: XFL

Phillip Walker QB Temple 5112 214 100.0 0.1 55.8 Walker 5112 214 4.74 2.72 1.56 4.40 6.90 29.5 9.25

Houston's QB Phillip / PJ Walker is crushing it. Note that 1.56 10 split and the 6.90 3 cone. Those are Lamar-like numbers, especially that 1.56 10 split.

5'11 and 214 is solidly built. That 4.74 40 isn't particularly good. We don't know what Lamar's numbers are. What nfl next gen stats said about Lamar is that he was the fastest runner in the NFL - overall, not just QB, when crossing the line of scrimmage. That tells me that it's the 10 split that Lamar has that's very high. Most QBs don't have a 10 split as good as Walker's 1.56. We don't know what Lamar's is but we can assume very high. A quick look down the 10 split column on the sparq page has very few as good as Walker or better.

Zach Conque, who had a 1.55, was a TE convert for a bit, 2017
    Kyle Sloter 1.54 2017
    Matt Shiltz 1.53 2016
    Tyler Murphy 1.51 2015
    Garrett Safron 1.53 2015
    Terrance Broadway 1.56 2015
    Rudy Johnson 1.51 2015

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    I'm watching tomorrow. Buddy told me the games are getting praise overall on the level of play. Thought is see what you guys thought seems positive here too.

Honestly, still feeling hurt by the playoff loss but offseason is just too long without football. Also, always felt the league needed a better system for practice squad/preseason guys to develop get seen outside of preseason on 1 team. Glad they dropped some of the stupidity of the original XFL that turned off football people in favor of the wrestling crowd. Looking forward to tomorrow's games

Reminded me of watching college for the bit of the LA Houston game I saw.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Reminded me of watching college for the bit of the LA Houston game I saw.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    I don't get into college because I don't the time for that while the NFL is on. This is perfect because there's nothing competing. Mid season NBA and Hockey? Two sports I only watch in the playoffs.

Blog Entries

XFL Draws Small But Enthusiastic Crowds At First Two Games :

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rst-two-games/

"However, attendance was small: DC drew 17,163 fans to Audi Field and Houston drew an announced crowd of 17,815 to TDECU Stadium."

I don't think that's so bad considering... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    XFL Draws Small But Enthusiastic Crowds At First Two Games :

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rst-two-games/

"However, attendance was small: DC drew 17,163 fans to Audi Field and Houston drew an announced crowd of 17,815 to TDECU Stadium."

I don't think that's so bad considering... Bc
    Audi field where DC plays only holds 20,000 so that's a very good crowd. These soccer stadiums sound perfect for the XFL. The NY team is going to play in MetLife stadium later today. I don't even like watching the Jets or Giants there. It's not going to be fun for this.

I liked what I saw
    good to see June Jones on the sideline again
    glad to see football in St Louis
    some cool uniforms

wonder if Birmingham and San Antonio will get teams? seems like every non-NFL operation (WFL, USFL, WLAF) goes there.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

I liked it too.
    It's fast, they take chances, very few penalties. I love the kickoffs and the onside kick was LIT.

Also like that the're mic'd up - you can hear coaches call the play, QBs getting folks set. Even mic'd up the refs who were reviewing a play and you can hear their logic. Good product so far

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

so it seems like the overall impression is that it was fun enough to watch? will have to check it out today i guess.

at the very least i can watch highlights of the game.

ok, so they made a new league, they tried to do some stuff to make the teams competitive.......and it the first-ever game DC is -9.5 favorites?! how did that happen?