Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Andre Smith re-signed for one more year.

Thinking they may cut James Hurst after the draft if they are able to draft a couple decent guard prospects.

Blog Entries

Re: Andre Smith re-signed for one more year.

Ravens Re-Sign Veteran Tackle Andre Smith to One-Year Deal :

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...-one-year-deal

"Baltimore also has veteran James Hurst as a backup tackle behind Ronnie Stanley and Orlando Brown Jr. Smith could also get a look at guard."

I think releasing Hurst would save about $2.75 million off the Cap. I'm not advocating his release, only the possibility... Bc

Surprising move. I was hoping we'd pick up a back up tackle in the draft. Smith isn't a very reassuring option. Do you think he'll be our only back up?

Seems like Hurst could be ditched as a result. Color me concerned.

I don't want this guy anywhere near protecting Lamar as a tackle at least.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Thinking they may cut James Hurst after the draft if they are able to draft a couple decent guard prospects.
    I would see it as letting him compete with Hurst in camp

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

He’s probably just a camp body. I wouldn’t read too much into this. He couldn’t beat out Hurst last year and at 34 he won’t this year either.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He’s probably just a camp body. I wouldn’t read too much into this. He couldn’t beat out Hurst last year and at 34 he won’t this year either.
    Well, to be fair, Smith was signed three days before the Titans game and was inactive. I wouldn't see that as Hurst beating him out.

Jon Ogden retired 'early' at 33. Yanda is 35 and we're hoping he comes back. So being 34 doesn't necessarily rule him out.

It really comes down to physical shape and performance.

I can't point to any reason for optimism, to be truthful, other than the fact they must believe he can still play.

That was my original guess, BHSU. Hurst only saw action in jumbo packages. If they use Smith that way, it could be an upgrade, assuming he can set in and survive a few games as as starter if called upon.

Blog Entries

Well, to be fair, Smith was signed three days before the Titans game and was inactive. I wouldn't see that as Hurst beating him out.

Jon Ogden retired 'early' at 33. Yanda is 35 and we're hoping he comes back. So being 34 doesn't necessarily rule him out.

I can't point to any reason for optimism, to be truthful, other than the fact they must believe he can still play.
    Shas, if he really wants his career to continue, he had better dedicate this off-season to coming into Ravens camp in the best physical shape he can be @ 33. If he does a "Pierce" on us, then he may as well retire... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Shas, if he really wants his career to continue, he had better dedicate this off-season to coming into Ravens camp in the best physical shape he can be @ 33. If he does a "Pierce" on us, then he may as well retire... Bc
    By "doing a Pierce" do you mean coming into camp out of shape for a few days and then playing well and earning a $70MM contract sometime in the next couple months?

Blog Entries

When has Andre Smith ever been in shape? That meme of his man boobs flopping around when he was trying to run I'm sure is still out there.

Just because a couple of Hall of Fame players were able to play at a high level in their mid-30's doesn't mean a guy who has never been in shape and played poorly in recent years can do the same thing.

Blog Entries

By "doing a Pierce" do you mean coming into camp out of shape for a few days and then playing well and earning a $70MM contract sometime in the next couple months?
    LOL, do you mean he's not older than Pierce, and can get into Pro football playing shape "in a few days", then still can earn a $70MM contract? Yeah sure... A.S. will be playing for his professional life/career in 2020... Bc