Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: ESPN (Hensley) predicts Ravens will sign Calais Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Exactly. Which is why Campbell would also be awesome for veteran leadership, especially if Carr and Jefferson don’t return. Jimmy Smith as well. Campbell can play and is exactly who they need, plus he can be that a Shannon Sharpe/Rod Woodson type. The team could definitely use an older vet or two since they’re so young.
    Young team, but didn't we have the oldest secondary in the league or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by DanManMdFan View Post
    Young team, but didn't we have the oldest secondary in the league or something like that?
    and with jefferson, smith and carr all possibly leaving it will be one of the youngest...

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    and with jefferson, smith and carr all possibly leaving it will be one of the youngest...
    I'm okay with keeping Smith on a decent deal, but the other two can go.

I don't understand why Harbs wants to keep Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by DanManMdFan View Post
    I'm okay with keeping Smith on a decent deal, but the other two can go.

I don't understand why Harbs wants to keep Carr.
    Versatility and reliability always are huge factors.

This guy is a Raven, he just doesn’t know it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Why take a pay cut when you can be released and shop yourself?

Nobody WANTS to take a pay cut but if the market doesn't bear the old price you have to, but you still want to see what the market will bear.
    I completely agree but I also think that market price is going to be closer to what Campbell is thinking considering his position and production. The very fact that we are talking about him and excited about the possibility of bringing him in is telling. There will be some serious interest in Campbell and he's not going to come cheap.

I'm not against signing Campbell, but I'm really hoping pass rush doesn't become our new wide receiver, where we can't develop young guys, and only sign older guys on the downside of their careers hoping to milk another year or two.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I'm not against signing Campbell, but I'm really hoping pass rush doesn't become our new wide receiver, where we can't develop young guys, and only sign older guys on the downside of their careers hoping to milk another year or two.
    I don't think we will only be counting on signing older guys. Ozzie loved to develop DL and EDC was his disciple. Campbell is just one guy; he is still an exceptional player and would give us a great boost. I am confident there will be DL prospects coming in the draft.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Whatever you think of Hensley, he does have his ear to the ground. Calais Campbell was his bold prediction when ESPN asked him to come up with one for his team. I recall with pain (still) several years ago when it was about this time in the offseason when everybody was musing how much cap space the Ravens could free up by cutting this or that player. Hensley mentioned several obvious suspects, but then also mentioned a very promising and talented safety Ozzie had taken under his wing. I was disgusted at the suggestion of cutting him and posted as much. Then ten days later, that safety was suspended and the Ravens cut him. I don't think Hensley would have brought him up if he did not have inside knowledge of the coming suspension.

We don't know if Campbell will sign with the Ravens but I have the feeling EDC will go after him as hard as he went after McCoy last offseason. I wouldn't be surprised if Lamar's schmooz with Calais at the pro bowl was an early flutter in a swarming of Ravens toward the big guy. A Raven if ever I saw one.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    Whatever you think of Hensley, he does have his ear to the ground. Calais Campbell was his bold prediction when ESPN asked him to come up with one for his team. I recall with pain (still) several years ago when it was about this time in the offseason when everybody was musing how much cap space the Ravens could free up by cutting this or that player. Hensley mentioned several obvious suspects, but then also mentioned a very promising and talented safety Ozzie had taken under his wing. I was disgusted at the suggestion of cutting him and posted as much. Then ten days later, that safety was suspended and the Ravens cut him. I don't think Hensley would have brought him up if he did not have inside knowledge of the coming suspension.

We don't know if Campbell will sign with the Ravens but I have the feeling EDC will go after him as hard as he went after McCoy last offseason. I wouldn't be surprised if Lamar's schmooz with Calais at the pro bowl was an early flutter in a swarming of Ravens toward the big guy. A Raven if ever I saw one.
    Tag Judon, Sign Campbell, draft Chaisson in R1.

There's your pass rush.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

When Campbell was a free agent, didn't he say something about not wanting to go to Baltimore? Can't remember if it was the team or the city. Or maybe I'm thinking of a different player.

Blog Entries

Wink Re: ESPN (Hensley) predicts Ravens will sign Calais Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Tag Judon, Sign Campbell, draft Chaisson in R1.

There's your pass rush.
    Tag Judon, Sign Campbell, draft AJ Epenesa in R1.

There's your pass rush.

GWNR, FTFY ... Bc