Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

ESPN (Hensley) predicts Ravens will sign Calais Campbell

For what its worth - ESPN predicts that the Ravens will sign Calais Campbell - a projected salary cap cut.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...defensive-star

I'll believe it when I see it.

Re: ESPN (Hensley) predicts Ravens will sign Calais Campbell

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Campbell is interesting. He's long in the tooth, but productive, although he dropped down to 6.5 sacks last year from double digits in the previous two seasons. As a potential cap cut, with his age, and signs of possibly trending down, I can't see him getting an insane deal. I'd be okay with a 1 or maybe a 2 year deal (where they could cut him after year 1 if necessary without a big cap hit) depending on the money.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Campbell is interesting. He's long in the tooth, but productive, although he dropped down to 6.5 sacks last year from double digits in the previous two seasons. As a potential cap cut, with his age, and signs of possibly trending down, I can't see him getting an insane deal. I'd be okay with a 1 or maybe a 2 year deal (where they could cut him after year 1 if necessary without a big cap hit) depending on the money.
    Sacks dropped, but he had 18 more pressures in 2019 vs. 2018 FWIW. Grab me Calais and draft Galimore, oh baaaaby
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Im onboard. I thought we should have been in on him more when the Cardinals released him. He should fit "right player, right price" based on age. hed fit right in here. definitely one of the cuts well jump all over, imo.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I'm not convinced the price is going to be right. His number is $17.5 for 2020 and if he leaves it's because he's not willing to take a pay cut. You're not signing a 34 year to a 4 year deal with that kind of average but a team with a ton of cap space might. I don't see Campbell being that reasonably priced pass rusher that he's being portrayed as. He's going to get some serious offers that won't be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm not convinced the price is going to be right. His number is $17.5 for 2020 and if he leaves it's because he's not willing to take a pay cut. You're not signing a 34 year to a 4 year deal with that kind of average but a team with a ton of cap space might. I don't see Campbell being that reasonably priced pass rusher that he's being portrayed as. He's going to get some serious offers that won't be cheap.
    True, but he might take less to play on a contender and chase a ring.

Indy is a damn good fit for him though. They can pay him AND they're pretty good.
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

Indy is a damn good fit for him though. They can pay him AND they're pretty good.
    And he would be able to stick it to the team that wouldn't pay by going to a division rival. Similar to McCoy.

Sacks dropped, but he had 18 more pressures in 2019 vs. 2018 FWIW. Grab me Calais and draft Galimore, oh baaaaby
    I'm drooling already. (I'm old, but I don't usually drool.)
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

I don't see too many players signing for less to be on a contender. Richard Sherman was very candid before the Super Bowl about why he signed with the 49ers and they weren't a contender. The money was similar, and very high, from the 49ers and Lions. The difference was the coach. Other teams were interested but without the money he wouldn't consider them.

I think that's how it works for most players. They see a 4 win 49ers team getting to a Super Bowl the next year so the idea of who is a contender and who isn't is more fluid than fans think. That's why Campbell signed with Jaguars team in the first place. It's been a long long time since any player has taken less to sign with the Ravens. Marcus Peters is the perfect example of that. He loves being here but he still wants his money

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Why take a pay cut when you can be released and shop yourself?

Nobody WANTS to take a pay cut but if the market doesn't bear the old price you have to, but you still want to see what the market will bear.

Yea buddy