Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SOTU

Blog Entries

Re: SOTU

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    It'd never happen to Cruella Pelosi, but she deserves it......

The signed address delivered into Pelosi’s custody wasn’t hers to destroy. Behold the consequence:

18 U.S.C. § 2071(b)— specifically directed at custodians of public records. Any custodian of a public record who "willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys (any record) shall be fined not more than $2,000 or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States." While the range of acts proscribed by this subsection is somewhat narrower than subsection (a), it does provide the additional penalty of forfeiture of position with the United States.
    Man, in my best Clay Davis impersonation....

Sheeeeeeiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt......

Nobody is going to hold her accountable. Threatening her would just galvanize the lefties even more. So, that would be pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Last thing I'll say in my assault on this post: AOC stated that Rush Limbaugh is a "violent racist". First of all... that is horrible rhetoric coming from ANY member of government. If a representative says something like that... he LITERALLY better be a F'ing dude who was arrested for burning a cross in downtown NY while shooting any minority he saw... anything less than that standard... and a representative doesn't use that language... period.

I hope Rush sues the ever-loving crap out of her. That isn't free speech at this point... she is slandering a person for something they are not, and attempting to ruin his reputation, and quite frankly, rile up people that could be violent against him. His lawyers should drop a $1/2bil lawsuit on her front door and be like, "Good luck you nutjob!"
    Totally agree.

What do lefties always say? Freedom of Speech does not mean Freedom from Consequences.

Whelp.

What she stated/Tweeted seems like it could def fall under slander/libel.

Any time these lefties call someone racist, bigoted, etc...they should be sued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Rush completely bungled his famous interview with Donovan McNabb trying to inject a racial element into it in an inappropriate way when it just didn't belong there.

I will have to go online and research it again as it was so long ago that cringy as hell interview with McNabb a ways back I think is a valid reason for people to make claims of racism against him. I think Rush had the opinion that McNabb got way to much praise because he was a "black" quarterback but he was not that good and didn't deserve it.

I think that's why he got canned by the NFL If I recall correctly.
    Well you are remembering it wrong cuz Limbaugh did not interview mcnabb. Though you do have the criticism right, though it was more focused at the media

Rush also defended mcnabb when he was getting criticized by Bernard Hopkins, so your basis for its ok to say he is a racist is sort of flimsy

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Well you are remembering it wrong cuz Limbaugh did not interview mcnabb. Though you do have the criticism right, though it was more focused at the media
    You are correct. He was on a pregame forum. Someone else brought up the McCabb topic. They were commenting on how bad Mcnabb had been playing. And rush stepped in and said he didn’t think mcnabb was ever great. He was a good system qb, but not great. The defense carried him. He felt the media elevated him because he was the predominant black Qb Of the time and rush said he felt like the league was going out of its way to pump up mcnabb because they wanted a successful black QB. Rush went on to say mcnabb was a good QB and he played well, but that he was never great

Nothing wrong with the comments. But if you didn’t watch the interview (it’s still on YouTube). I can see someone falling for the fake news that seems to always call Limbaugh a racist. But can never find Limbaugh’s racist comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    You are correct. He was on a pregame forum. Someone else brought up the McCabb topic. They were commenting on how bad Mcnabb had been playing. And rush stepped in and said he didn’t think mcnabb was ever great. He was a good system qb, but not great. The defense carried him. He felt the media elevated him because he was the predominant black Qb Of the time and rush said he felt like the league was going out of its way to pump up mcnabb because they wanted a successful black QB. Rush went on to say mcnabb was a good QB and he played well, but that he was never great

Nothing wrong with the comments. But if you didn’t watch the interview (it’s still on YouTube). I can see someone falling for the fake news that seems to always call Limbaugh a racist. But can never find Limbaugh’s racist comments.
    I think that's just a place you don't go. I think there might be ways to broach that but Rush was not the messenger for that and he did not do it particularly well if I recall correctly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post

Sometimes the truth hurts. McNabb was never a great QB. He showed flashes but was very inconsistent.

I think that's just a place you don't go. I think there might be ways to broach that but Rush was not the messenger for that and he did not do it particularly well if I recall correctly.
    So why couldn’t rush be the messenger and how exactly is the ‘proper’ way to broach???

So why couldn’t rush be the messenger and how exactly is the ‘proper’ way to broach???
    Limbaugh never really belonged on that broadcast. Like Dennis Miller didn't. I don't think you want overtly left or right leaning people being broadcasters in the NFL. I think of the NFL as a melting pot. A place where divisive politics can be left at the door and guys just play together. People cheer together and we forget about those issues.

It just doesn't belong.

I don't really know the "proper" way to broach the subject but I know Limbaugh isn't the guy to do it.

This year was interesting because with the success of Mahomes and Lamar, Wilson, Desean etc. you saw a lot of guys talking about QB and race and how old perceptions by guys like Bill Polian were being smashed etc..and looking back on how that may have slowed the development of the position and deprived guys of opportunities etc,, That's probably a useful and worthwhile discussion to have. "They are only going easy on him/praising him because he's black" is what Rush said. That's just not a useful or worthwhile thing to say. For any reason. I don't think it's true either. If there was a grain of truth in it that still didn't make it worthwhile or appropriate to discuss.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 02-05-2020 at 05:58 PM.

Limbaugh never really belonged on that broadcast. Like Dennis Miller didn't. I don't think you want overtly left or right leaning people being broadcasters in the NFL. I think of the NFL as a melting pot. A place where divisive politics can be left at the door and guys just play together. People cheer together and we forget about those issues.

It just doesn't belong.

I don't really know the "proper" way to broach the subject but I know Limbaugh isn't the guy to do it.

This year was interesting because with the success of Mahomes and Lamar, Wilson, Desean etc. you saw a lot of guys talking about QB and race and how old perceptions by guys like Bill Polian were being smashed etc..and looking back on how that may have slowed the e That's probably a useful and worthwhile discussion to have. "They are only going easy on him/praising him because he's black" is what Rush said. That's just not a useful or worthwhile thing to say. For any reason. I don't think it's true either.
    See... but that is the thing. It isn't a melting pot. The entire staff of ESPN is liberal. They awarded the Aurthur Ashe award to Bruce Jenner for coming out as trans when there was a girl that played her final season of high school basketball with terminal cancer that played to raise awareness to cancer. The Muhammed Ali Legacy award went to Colin Kaepernick for being a backup that got cut (let's not get into this again, but let's just say 1.5 years of protests isn't a "legacy"... can we agree on that???)

They celebrated Women's Soccer who were just complaining that they weren't paid as much as men, and ESPN ran with it even though a court proved that they were actually paid more than their male counterparts.

Rush Limbaugh would have been part of that "melting pot" you described... and the second he went off script to bring a light onto a societal topic such as favoritism towards black QBs, he was banned for life. Let's not pretend this isn't a HIGHLY talked about issue in the NFL and has been for 30 years... it is. But nobody can talk about it? You say he was the wrong messenger, but nobody on the flip side would EVER say that out loud because it isn't their view. Being a melting pot isn't a bunch of people nodding their head and putting a fist in the air stating, "Diversity is Great!"... it is people asking "Why?" We shouldn't ever fault someone for asking "Why?" about culture and race.

Who are you convincing if you don't get someone with his perspectives asking questions? Otherwise it is like a CNN panel where everyone agrees all the time and their only disagreement is who can go further left. If you want to eradicate racism, it isn't the people who are afraid to talk about it that you need to convince... it is the people who you view have the wrong opinions that you need to convince. If you believe your message is THE truth (not this "my truth" nonsense) then you should WELCOME the conversation, and learn other people's perspectives.

So who to you is the "right" messenger when liberals don't have the balls to explore the other perspective and would refuse to even ask the question of why? Personally... I find liberals to be reprehensible racists... prove me wrong. I just people by merit and achievement... by who they are and ethics. Liberals divide you into good blacks and bad ones, with no emphasis on the individual. I feel the liberal perspective on race is not just wrong... I find it to be ignorant and disgusting honestly.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    See... but that is the thing. It isn't a melting pot. The entire staff of ESPN is liberal. They awarded the Aurthur Ashe award to Bruce Jenner for coming out as trans when there was a girl that played her final season of high school basketball with terminal cancer that played to raise awareness to cancer. The Muhammed Ali Legacy award went to Colin Kaepernick for being a backup that got cut (let's not get into this again, but let's just say 1.5 years of protests isn't a "legacy"... can we agree on that???)

They celebrated Women's Soccer who were just complaining that they weren't paid as much as men, and ESPN ran with it even though a court proved that they were actually paid more than their male counterparts.

Rush Limbaugh would have been part of that "melting pot" you described... and the second he went off script to bring a light onto a societal topic such as favoritism towards black QBs, he was banned for life. Let's not pretend this isn't a HIGHLY talked about issue in the NFL and has been for 30 years... it is. But nobody can talk about it? You say he was the wrong messenger, but nobody on the flip side would EVER say that out loud because it isn't their view. Being a melting pot isn't a bunch of people nodding their head and putting a fist in the air stating, "Diversity is Great!"... it is people asking "Why?" We shouldn't ever fault someone for asking "Why?" about culture and race.

Who are you convincing if you don't get someone with his perspectives asking questions? Otherwise it is like a CNN panel where everyone agrees all the time and their only disagreement is who can go further left. If you want to eradicate racism, it isn't the people who are afraid to talk about it that you need to convince... it is the people who you view have the wrong opinions that you need to convince. If you believe your message is THE truth (not this "my truth" nonsense) then you should WELCOME the conversation, and learn other people's perspectives.

So who to you is the "right" messenger when liberals don't have the balls to explore the other perspective and would refuse to even ask the question of why? Personally... I find liberals to be reprehensible racists... prove me wrong. I just people by merit and achievement... by who they are and ethics. Liberals divide you into good blacks and bad ones, with no emphasis on the individual. I feel the liberal perspective on race is not just wrong... I find it to be ignorant and disgusting honestly.
    You're getting hung up on one thing I said. It was just a harsh, unnecessary and pointlessly divisive thing Rush said. It would have been if the guy saying it had been black but it was worse because Limbaugh is a white conservative talk show host.

I don't watch ESPN outside of games they cover. Definitely not on anything on their cable TV channels other than games/event broadcasts. This year I watched a few Youtube "First Take" episodes on Lamar but I can only take so much Stephen Smith. I don't like the clown that sit's opposite him either.

I was talking about NFL broadcasts. I am aware ESPN has gone a little woke lately. I think they are figuring out though that most sports guys don't want to mix all the divisive racial/social politics with their sports news and talk. People are turned off I think by that as much as when people like Rush or Jamele Hill are involved.

Don't cross the streams man.

You're getting hung up on one thing I said. .
    Funny cause you got hung up on one thing rush said.

Funny cause you got hung up on one thing rush said.
    Its pretty simple. I don't like people saying douchy and needlessly racially divisive things in that context. I don't care if it's Jamele Hill or Rush Limbaugh. I don't care to have those type of issues interjected into my sports entertainment. It's not complicated man.