Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SOTU

Re: SOTU

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I'm so glad I don't follow politics. Just seems like such a waste of energy, like being a Browns fan

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Did anyone watch it? I did not. I am seeing the stuff everyone else is with Pelosi sucking a lot of oxygen with her speech tearing and Trump not shaking her hand....

Amazing to me how petty and insane politics have gotten.

I saw a pic of all the women in white last night. Didn't they do that already? I swear Democrats have gone off the deep end with their stunts. It's like High School.

I'm not a Limbaugh basher nor am I a fan but I do recognize that giving him a Medal of Freedom is inappropriate and a big thumb in the eye of Democrats and liberals. It kind of cheapens that honor IMO. He's just a partisan talk show host.

I thought honoring the Tuskegee airman was excellent though. I want to watch just to see that moment.
    I don't think it cheapened it at all. Rush Limbaugh is a household name that absolutely brought about modern day conservatism. Would you say that Robert DeNiro deserved it? What about Tom Brokaw? Especially since he was caught making up a news story and had to be fired over it. Barack Obama awarded it to 16 "political activists" and handed these awards out like they were candy to everyone he liked. I'm going to preface my next comment with, I really like Ellen Degeneres... but she is a day-time talk host that won it ONLY 3 years after Oprah, who had a career nearly 20 years longer. Trump has awarded less than 5 in his first term... Obama handed out nearly 40... so let's not pretend that past administrations held this award as sacred...

I agree that the Tuskegee Airman was awesome, and it was a cool situation that his kid wants to be a member of the space force. That was a really cool tie-in. Trump getting that kid into the opportunity school and paying her scholarship was pretty awesome too. Coolest moment was off-script he surprised that wife of a veteran by bringing him home... that was amazing. I cannot imagine what a special night it was for that family.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Nancy Pelosi ripped up the speech, on camera, right after Trump finished up. It is incredible how juvenile she behaved.

Also, literally no Democrat applauded the military member or any of the successes regarding unemployment, the economy, trade improvements, etc.

These people hate Trump so much that they cannot even be happy for the hundreds of millions of Americans that are doing better. None of them deserve to be in office. None of them and I hope Americans start waking up to that. I dont care if they vote in other Democrats, but a majority of the shitbirds in office right now are unapologetically hateful and bigoted. They don't deserve American votes.
    Most of the American's you want to wake up won't see that they didn't stand up. They will turn on MSLSD or CNN and hear miniature sound bytes MAYBE, but mostly they will just say it was all lies and that he used black people like props. People that watch MSM will never wake up. That is why Rush always called it the "drive-by media". They only show you the sound bytes they WANT you to hear, and then move on to the next story.

4. Re: SOTU

It'd never happen to Cruella Pelosi, but she deserves it......

The signed address delivered into Pelosi’s custody wasn’t hers to destroy. Behold the consequence:

18 U.S.C. § 2071(b)— specifically directed at custodians of public records. Any custodian of a public record who "willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys (any record) shall be fined not more than $2,000 or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States." While the range of acts proscribed by this subsection is somewhat narrower than subsection (a), it does provide the additional penalty of forfeiture of position with the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    CBS News Poll on the speech:

Approve of Speech?
    -Republicans: 97%
    -Democrats: 30%
    -Independents: 82%
    Pelosi literally ripped up a speech that roughly 75% of americans approved of out of spite... she knows she isn't going to be speaker much longer. Problem is that they will replace her with someone MUCH worse honestly. My guess is that it will be Dick Blumenthal if they are smart... they aren't... so it will be like Ayanna Pressley because she checks liberal boxes...

Last thing I'll say in my assault on this post: AOC stated that Rush Limbaugh is a "violent racist". First of all... that is horrible rhetoric coming from ANY member of government. If a representative says something like that... he LITERALLY better be a F'ing dude who was arrested for burning a cross in downtown NY while shooting any minority he saw... anything less than that standard... and a representative doesn't use that language... period.

I hope Rush sues the ever-loving crap out of her. That isn't free speech at this point... she is slandering a person for something they are not, and attempting to ruin his reputation, and quite frankly, rile up people that could be violent against him. His lawyers should drop a $1/2bil lawsuit on her front door and be like, "Good luck you nutjob!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RFChuck View Post
    Why would he even consider shaking her hand? She initiated and sent forward completely partisan articles of impeachment, that had to be done before christmas, but not delivered to the Senate for a month; She has called him a traitor, a threat to the country and the constitution and many other 'ists'. Eff her.
    I think Nancy just came to the realization during the SOTU speech that, although trying to take him out for the last 3 years every way possible, she/the Dems failed and he's going to win reelection, thus ripping up the speech. Not a good week at all for the DNC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    I don't think it cheapened it at all. Rush Limbaugh is a household name that absolutely brought about modern day conservatism. Would you say that Robert DeNiro deserved it? What about Tom Brokaw? Especially since he was caught making up a news story and had to be fired over it. Barack Obama awarded it to 16 "political activists" and handed these awards out like they were candy to everyone he liked. I'm going to preface my next comment with, I really like Ellen Degeneres... but she is a day-time talk host that won it ONLY 3 years after Oprah, who had a career nearly 20 years longer. Trump has awarded less than 5 in his first term... Obama handed out nearly 40... so let's not pretend that past administrations held this award as sacred...

I agree that the Tuskegee Airman was awesome, and it was a cool situation that his kid wants to be a member of the space force. That was a really cool tie-in. Trump getting that kid into the opportunity school and paying her scholarship was pretty awesome too. Coolest moment was off-script he surprised that wife of a veteran by bringing him home... that was amazing. I cannot imagine what a special night it was for that family.
    I thought that was Dan Rather, not Brokaw.

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Last thing I'll say in my assault on this post: AOC stated that Rush Limbaugh is a "violent racist". First of all... that is horrible rhetoric coming from ANY member of government. If a representative says something like that... he LITERALLY better be a F'ing dude who was arrested for burning a cross in downtown NY while shooting any minority he saw... anything less than that standard... and a representative doesn't use that language... period.

I hope Rush sues the ever-loving crap out of her. That isn't free speech at this point... she is slandering a person for something they are not, and attempting to ruin his reputation, and quite frankly, rile up people that could be violent against him. His lawyers should drop a $1/2bil lawsuit on her front door and be like, "Good luck you nutjob!"
    Rush completely bungled his famous interview with Donovan McNabb trying to inject a racial element into it in an inappropriate way when it just didn't belong there.

I will have to go online and research it again as it was so long ago that cringy as hell interview with McNabb a ways back I think is a valid reason for people to make claims of racism against him. I think Rush had the opinion that McNabb got way to much praise because he was a "black" quarterback but he was not that good and didn't deserve it.

I think that's why he got canned by the NFL If I recall correctly.

Blog Entries

Rush completely bungled his famous interview with Donovan McNabb trying to inject a racial element into it in an inappropriate way when it just didn't belong there.

I will have to go online and research it again as it was so long ago that cringy as hell interview with McNabb a ways back I think is a valid reason for people to make claims of racism against him. I think Rush had the opinion that McNabb got way to much praise because he was a "black" quarterback but he was not that good and didn't deserve it.

I don't recall an interview. I remember ESPN had him on countdown and he made a comment that McNabb was not as good as people made him out to be and his reasoning was something along the lines that the media was rooting for him because he was black.

He said that the NFL was overstating how good Donovan McNabb was because they wanted to have a great black QB at the time. I don't think that was a racist comment #1 because there WAS a lot of truth to it. He made those comments early in McNabbs career when the truth is.... the NFL was propping him up and he was average at best. The media, for some reason, never got behind McNair... we can guess it was because he was a somewhat quiet and humble guy... was sorta awkward in interviews... but definitely a better QB than McNabb at the time. McNabb was cool... good looking... the NFL wanted him to be a role model at the QB position, and some of what Rush said in that interview made sense, and let's face it.... you KNOW that the PR team in the NFL had that exact conversation that Rush brought up.

Here is the problem with what you are saying... if we are EVER going to get past racism in the US... you cannot shut down any/all speech by any white person talking about the cultural treatment of blacks. It is impossible. It cannot be taboo. I'm allowed to ask questions, have opinions, and disagree with people and institutions on how they treat black people whether it is positive or negative... just like black people are allowed the same. But it isn't a one-sided conversation if we are ever to move forward. I need to be able to ask uncomfortable questions... there are things that we have to address and ask questions about such as why, as a demographic, they have REALLY high statistics in certain categories... and it cannot just all fall on "Society's fault"... I'm able to openly talk to my black friends about these topics, but that is because they are conservative and don't buy into the whole "The Black Community" garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I thought that was Dan Rather, not Brokaw.
    You are correct... my mistake. I still had other examples though, but I'll admit that I did have the two confused. At least it is a testament that I'm not just googling stuff lol.