Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SOTU

SOTU

Did anyone watch it? I did not. I am seeing the stuff everyone else is with Pelosi sucking a lot of oxygen with her speech tearing and Trump not shaking her hand....

Amazing to me how petty and insane politics have gotten.

I saw a pic of all the women in white last night. Didn't they do that already? I swear Democrats have gone off the deep end with their stunts. It's like High School.

I'm not a Limbaugh basher nor am I a fan but I do recognize that giving him a Medal of Freedom is inappropriate and a big thumb in the eye of Democrats and liberals. It kind of cheapens that honor IMO. He's just a partisan talk show host.

I thought honoring the Tuskegee airman was excellent though. I want to watch just to see that moment.

Re: SOTU

I'm so glad I don't follow politics. Just seems like such a waste of energy, like being a Browns fan

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Did anyone watch it? I did not. I am seeing the stuff everyone else is with Pelosi sucking a lot of oxygen with her speech tearing and Trump not shaking her hand....

Amazing to me how petty and insane politics have gotten.

I saw a pic of all the women in white last night. Didn't they do that already? I swear Democrats have gone off the deep end with their stunts. It's like High School.

I'm not a Limbaugh basher nor am I a fan but I do recognize that giving him a Medal of Freedom is inappropriate and a big thumb in the eye of Democrats and liberals. It kind of cheapens that honor IMO. He's just a partisan talk show host.

I thought honoring the Tuskegee airman was excellent though. I want to watch just to see that moment.
    The medal of freedom has been given to people like Barbra Streisand, Gloria Estefan and Meryl Streep.

Politics aside Rush does a lot for charities. He raises millions each year (and donates a like half a million) for the leukemia and lymphoma society and most recently raised like 3 million for the tunnel for towers foundation.

All that said, I didn't watch it. Too many breaks for applause for me.

Blog Entries

-I dont think Trump even noticed her hand honestly, but if he ignored it on purpose he was childish.
    -Pelosi ripping up the speech seemed staged to me and also childish. there are grown ass adults leading this country?
    -I agree, giving Limbaugh the award seems to lessen it. I wouldnt expect any left wing pundit to get it either, theyre part of the reason for the divide in this country. there have been other questionable recipients though.
    -I think his SOTUs have been pretty good. some things I think he misrepresents for his benefit obviously that i dont agree with, but overall he delivers a good message.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Nancy Pelosi ripped up the speech, on camera, right after Trump finished up. It is incredible how juvenile she behaved.

Also, literally no Democrat applauded the military member or any of the successes regarding unemployment, the economy, trade improvements, etc.

These people hate Trump so much that they cannot even be happy for the hundreds of millions of Americans that are doing better. None of them deserve to be in office. None of them and I hope Americans start waking up to that. I dont care if they vote in other Democrats, but a majority of the shitbirds in office right now are unapologetically hateful and bigoted. They don't deserve American votes.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Trump didn’t shake Pences hand either. Oh my god. The snub.

Liberals are so childish

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    -I dont think Trump even noticed her hand honestly, but if he ignored it on purpose he was childish.
    -Pelosi ripping up the speech seemed staged to me and also childish. there are grown ass adults leading this country?
    -I agree, giving Limbaugh the award seems to lessen it. I wouldnt expect any left wing pundit to get it either, theyre part of the reason for the divide in this country. there have been other questionable recipients though.
    -I think his SOTUs have been pretty good. some things I think he misrepresents for his benefit obviously that i dont agree with, but overall he delivers a good message.
    Why would he even consider shaking her hand? She initiated and sent forward completely partisan articles of impeachment, that had to be done before christmas, but not delivered to the Senate for a month; She has called him a traitor, a threat to the country and the constitution and many other 'ists'. Eff her.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Nancy Pelosi ripped up the speech, on camera, right after Trump finished up. It is incredible how juvenile she behaved.

Also, literally no Democrat applauded the military member or any of the successes regarding unemployment, the economy, trade improvements, etc.

These people hate Trump so much that they cannot even be happy for the hundreds of millions of Americans that are doing better. None of them deserve to be in office. None of them and I hope Americans start waking up to that. I dont care if they vote in other Democrats, but a majority of the shitbirds in office right now are unapologetically hateful and bigoted. They don't deserve American votes.
    I'll second this post...

Also, Pelosi broke congressional tradition by introducing Trump as simply..."the president of the United States."

It is tradition for House speakers to introduce the sitting commander in chief by saying "I have the high privilege and distinct honor of presenting to you the president of the United States." Boehner, Ryan, Hastert, Newt all introduced the President like this.

Regarding the handshake...Trump didn't shake Pence's hand either.

Pelosi ripping up the speech was a bad move politically. The optics are bad. The entire speech was about American greatness with really cool stories about American exceptionalism. She tore that to shreds. Lol. It's just a really poor PR move on her part.

Considering the Iowa caucus disaster on Monday, Pelosi acting like a petulant child on Tuesday, Trump's poll numbers climbing, and Trump being acquitted today...what a horrible week for the DNC.

I just cannot sit through a SOTU. With all the people artisans and virtue signaling applaud breaks, it’s just brutal to watch. I wish a president would do away with the speech on front of congress and just send a letter or report

CBS News Poll on the speech:

Approve of Speech?
    -Republicans: 97%
    -Democrats: 30%
    -Independents: 82%

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    I'll second this post...

Also, Pelosi broke congressional tradition by introducing Trump as simply..."the president of the United States."

It is tradition for House speakers to introduce the sitting commander in chief by saying "I have the high privilege and distinct honor of presenting to you the president of the United States." Boehner, Ryan, Hastert, Newt all introduced the President like this.

Regarding the handshake...Trump didn't shake Pence's hand either.

Pelosi ripping up the speech was a bad move politically. The optics are bad. The entire speech was about American greatness with really cool stories about American exceptionalism. She tore that to shreds. Lol. It's just a really poor PR move on her part.

Considering the Iowa caucus disaster on Monday, Pelosi acting like a petulant child on Tuesday, Trump's poll numbers climbing, and Trump being acquitted today...what a horrible week for the DNC.
    Reap what you sow...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I just cannot sit through a SOTU. With all the people artisans and virtue signaling applaud breaks, it’s just brutal to watch. I wish a president would do away with the speech on front of congress and just send a letter or report
    I agree, but we all know Trump loves to be out in front.