Limbaugh announced he has advanced lung cancer

Poor guy. I have been listening to him since I was renting beach umbrellas in ocean city back in 1990. I don’t listen everyday, but he is entertaining. His show has always been unique. Kind of a info news commentary show. If you haven’t listened, he basically reports on news that doesn’t get reported.

I wish him the best. But lung cancer sucks.

Re: Limbaugh announced he has advanced lung cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Poor guy. I have been listening to him since I was renting beach umbrellas in ocean city back in 1990. I don’t listen everyday, but he is entertaining. His show has always been unique. Kind of a info news commentary show. If you haven’t listened, he basically reports on news that doesn’t get reported.

I wish him the best. But lung cancer sucks.
    I don't listen to Rush and am not a huge fan of political cable news or talk radio but like RBG he's a human being dealing with cancer and mortality and of course I feel for the guy.

I feel like if I ever had that diagnosis and the outlook was grim I'd just want a handful of fentanyl or any powerful opioid, a couple good bottles of liquor and a nice RV. I'd drive off somewhere beautiful and watch a nice sunset in one of those reclining folding chairs and choose the hour of my death. I'm Catholic but I don't believe a lot of suffering is necessary or useful.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 02-03-2020 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I don't listen to Rush and am not a huge fan of political cable news or talk radio but like RBG he's a human being dealing with cancer and mortality and of course I feel for the guy.

I feel like if I ever had that diagnosis and the outlook was grim I'd just want a handful of fentanyl or any powerful opioid, a couple good bottle of liquor and a nice RV. I'd drive off somewhere beautiful and watch a nice sunset one of those reclining folding chair and choose the hour of my death. I'm Catholic but I don't believe suffering is necessary or useful.
    It’s tough. My mother lasted two miserable years with lung cancer. My next door neighbor had her first symptom, was diagnosed, then died, all in a month. And a friend of a friend was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer 4 years ago and is still living a normal life.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    It’s tough. My mother lasted two miserable years with lung cancer. My next door neighbor had her first symptom, was diagnosed, then died, all in a month. And a friend of a friend was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer 4 years ago and is still living a normal life.
    That's nuts. I have heard lung cancer can be asymptomatic/develop unnoticed which makes it scary.

What was the smoking status of those four folks if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    That's nuts. I have heard lung cancer can be asymptomatic/develop unnoticed which makes it scary.

What was the smoking status of those four folks if you don't mind me asking?
    My mother never smoked. But her mother chain smoked. But my mother had a twin that wasn’t impacted. They think her cancer came from aspestos
    My neighbor stopped smoking years ago.
    Don’t know about the friend of a friend.
    Limbaugh is an ex smoker. And a big cigar smoker.

Blog Entries

Classy thing to do.

Tulsi Gabbard sends ‘best wishes’ to Rush Limbaugh after cancer diagnosis

https://nypost.com/2020/02/04/tulsi-...cer-diagnosis/

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Classy thing to do.

Tulsi Gabbard sends ‘best wishes’ to Rush Limbaugh after cancer diagnosis

https://nypost.com/2020/02/04/tulsi-...cer-diagnosis/
    Yes. Very un-Demoncrate. I think she’s a genuine person. I can’t stand Rush ....but I’d still wish him well wishes and peace for his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Yes. Very un-Demoncrate. I think she’s a genuine person. I can’t stand Rush ....but I’d still wish him well wishes and peace for his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think she does things like this just to distance herself a little from the Democrats, similar to her appearing on Fox. She caught a lot of flack about that. Surprisingly, though, I haven't really looked, but I haven't seen Hollywood or the Left "celebrating" Rush's cancer announcement like they've been known to do in the past.

Blog Entries

I think she does things like this just to distance herself a little from the Democrats, similar to her appearing on Fox. She caught a lot of flack about that. Surprisingly, though, I haven't really looked, but I haven't seen Hollywood or the Left "celebrating" Rush's cancer announcement like they've been known to do in the past.
    Check responses to his announcement on Twitter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Check responses to his announcement on Twitter
    I don't do twitter, so I'm not surprised it's there, a good reason to stay away from that cesspool.

Blog Entries

I don't do twitter, so I'm not surprised it's there, a good reason to stay away from that cesspool.
    I don’t get on there either just saw it in a news announcement