Page 5 of 364 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: 2020 Off-Season Thread: News & Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    It is going to be very hard to get iDL pass rushing capability in FA. Campbell is 33 and still wants to be paid. I like McCoy less after a year in Carolina, and will he want to move his family again after one year?

The Draft is tight too - Derrick Brown will be gone and we would have to move up at unpleasant cost to get Javon Kinlaw. The only other pass rushing DTs of quality I can see so far are Ross Blacklock, who is #18 on Daniel Jeremiah's Big Board and Neville Gallimore, who proably will go early in the 2nd round.

It is much easier to get quality Edge/OLB in FA or trade (Kerrigan) than iDL. For this reason, Blacklock is looking very good to me.
    I don't agree.

McCoy and Campbell are still options. Campbell may chase money, but he may take the McCoy route as well, especially if he's a late cut.

Hargraves was a good 1T pass rusher last year.
    Leonard Williams, Shelby Harris, Michael Brockers, Derek Wolfe all may hit the market.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I think he is...he's well thought of around the league. Pro Bowls aren't everything of course, but Littleton made one last year and was second team all pro. Peanut has struggled to even be a full time starter.

Peanut has no idea what he's doing half the time if he's not blitzing. I have an extremely low opinion of Peanut's game unless he's just a situational guy.
    Peanut was terrible this year.

When he's given a very simple assignment (mostly penetrating a gap) he can be fine. But if he has to read and react he's not good.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    It is going to be very hard to get iDL pass rushing capability in FA. Campbell is 33 and still wants to be paid. I like McCoy less after a year in Carolina, and will he want to move his family again after one year?

The Draft is tight too - Derrick Brown will be gone and we would have to move up at unpleasant cost to get Javon Kinlaw. The only other pass rushing DTs of quality I can see so far are Ross Blacklock, who is #18 on Daniel Jeremiah's Big Board and Neville Gallimore, who proably will go early in the 2nd round.

It is much easier to get quality Edge/OLB in FA or trade (Kerrigan) than iDL. For this reason, Blacklock is looking very good to me.
    If Derrick Brown is somewhere in the vicinity of 28, Ravens should try and pull that off. He won't be, but he'd be an ideal get.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I think he is...he's well thought of around the league. Pro Bowls aren't everything of course, but Littleton made one last year and was second team all pro. Peanut has struggled to even be a full time starter.

Peanut has no idea what he's doing half the time if he's not blitzing. I have an extremely low opinion of Peanut's game unless he's just a situational guy.
    He played really well beside CJ Mosley. I do agree, that Peanut's best skills are as an interior blitzer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I don't agree.

McCoy and Campbell are still options. Campbell may chase money, but he may take the McCoy route as well, especially if he's a late cut.

Hargraves was a good 1T pass rusher last year.
    Leonard Williams, Shelby Harris, Michael Brockers, Derek Wolfe all may hit the market.
    Campbell, maybe.

Not interested in McCoy. He didn't play well at all this year in Carolina.

Blog Entries

I’d pass on McCoy. He’ll be 32 in a couple weeks, playing DT is not kind to the body, and he’s on a downward trend. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He played really well beside CJ Mosley. I do agree, that Peanut's best skills are as an interior blitzer.
    I think Peanut played ok last year, I don't think it was anything special. Besides, Littleton is the Rams MIKE, Peanut showed he can't handle that spot at all. I think you ask almost anybody and they will say Littleton is much better than Peanut.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Chris Jones is exactly the type of player we need but with under $30m in cap space, that's not a whole lot to work with to be honest. Nevertheless the off season theme needs to be "buy the defense, draft the offense".
    With Frank Clark's new contract set to count starting next season I'm curious to see if they can afford Chris Jones.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Blog Entries

I don’t think the Ravens will even extend an offer to Peanut. And I think his pride would prevent him from signing a contract with us worth less than they offered last year, which seems like a safe bet if we did offer him one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I don’t think the Ravens will even extend an offer to Peanut. And I think his pride would prevent him from signing a contract with us worth less than they offered last year, which seems like a safe bet if we did offer him one.
    Nor should they IMHO.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    He seemed to be pretty upset with John Harbaugh a few times this past season after losing playing time to Bynes and Fort.

I don't see Peanut back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purplenemesis View Post
    The problem with letting Judon walk is that we have no one currently on the roster that can replace his 9.5 sacks. The next closest guy is Bowser, with 5 sacks on the year, which surprised me in of itself. Maybe they think they can bring up Bowser in Judon's role. I have no idea. Either way, upgrading the front 7 is going to be the #1 priority this offseason. They simply weren't good enough, even with Judon.
    I agree, but if DeCosta uses "Judon" money to sign a more elite pass-rusher, that would be OK with me too. If there is no player in EDC's cross-hairs, then Judon may have to be franchised to get another year out of him, even with a high short term co$t. People have even posted to franchise/trade him, but that seems a pretty high risk with Bowser and Ferguson to rely on... Bc