Page 2 of 364 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2020 Off-Season Thread: News & Rumors

I would love to get Chris Jones. Feel like middle pressure much more important than edge pressure especially with Wink and his blitzing ways.
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""
    - Brian Billick - postgame after beating Titans in Divisional playoff 2001

Twitter handle: @radams8483

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    Lets get a true #1 WR to be on the field at the same time with Hollywood. Go get em DeCosta!
    what true #1's are available this offseason? why would one sign with the Ravens, and what would it cost?

If I could targert 1 premium guy it would probably be Chris Jones.

I agree with the disruptive inside guy. I also have a lot of faith in Ferguson given the strides he took. And quite honestly, Bowser played well.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

I think a interior rusher would provide the biggest plus to the team as a whole. Depends what they want to invest though, and I think it would require keeping Judon to pair with Ferguson.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    I really don't think Dupree is that good, would prefer Judon over him.
    I have to imagine the Steelers keep him. Also...I wouldn't be interested in Dupree either. He has been mediocre as hell until this contract year. That would concern me.

A guy I would be interested in, depending on his price tag, is Dante Fowler. He's 2 years younger than Judon and much more of a pass-rusher. He's coming off a really good year with 11.5 sacks. I dont know...he's another "contract year superstar" type of player.

Markus Golden, if the Giants don't keep him, might be a right player/right price type of acquisition. He's older, but he won't cost as much as some of the other names out there. He had 10 sacks on a really bad Giants defense this year. He was hurt the previous two years though, but in 2016, he did have 12.5 sacks for the Cardinals.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    I would love to get Chris Jones. Feel like middle pressure much more important than edge pressure especially with Wink and his blitzing ways.
    I mean, if the Ravens want to drop some serious FA dollars - Chris Jones would be the guy to go get. He's only 26, he's a true interior pass rusher that can line up at 5-Tech or 3-Tech. He's averaged 10.3 sacks and 20 QB Hits in the last 3 seasons. That's pretty incredible for an interior DL'man. He's not Aaron Donald level...but he's really, really good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ninetysixer View Post
    what true #1's are available this offseason? why would one sign with the Ravens, and what would it cost?
    IMO, Amari Cooper is the only guy closest to being a "true #1".

He had one lousy year in Oakland (still caught 7 TD's though). Other than that, he's had over 1,000 yards in each of his years. He's also been pretty reliable if I recall correctly.

Is Amari Cooper an AJ Green in his prime or a Michael Thomas? No. Definitely not.

However, Cooper is definitely someone that could be a feature WR for the Ravens.

The question is...what would he cost? Based on his age and productivity, you have to imagine he's angling for Top-5 WR money. So, that would put him around $18-20mill annually.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    If I could targert 1 premium guy it would probably be Chris Jones.

I agree with the disruptive inside guy. I also have a lot of faith in Ferguson given the strides he took. And quite honestly, Bowser played well.
    Yea, if they can get a legit interior guy that can push the pocket, get after the QB, and be disruptive...I think that combined with our secondary would put edge rushers in a really good position to get to the QB more.

When the Raven defense were great they had one great player at each of the three levels. We have great players in the backfield but no where else. Most of the rest are average to slightly above average. But don’t be fooled. Add one well above average guy, to the line and lb group and it improves everybody around them. A Jones, Clowney or other athletic player would have a major impact. You can only double team one player at a time.

We need more speed on the ends or at middle lb. both would be best. With cap space and multiple draft picks we should see improvements at both areas. This is a deep draft at wr so unless a stud drops down to us in the first I’d be open to any of many players to increase our defense rush speed.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yea, if they can get a legit interior guy that can push the pocket, get after the QB, and be disruptive...I think that combined with our secondary would put edge rushers in a really good position to get to the QB more.
    They really need FA to put them in a good spot for the draft.

I'd be prioritizing an IDL guy like McCoy or CCampbell (if cut) because I think you can get the vet discount.

I'd also be prioritizing a rotational pass rusher to play with Ferg at RUSH. BUT what Im worried about is that only having Bowser will make them keep Judon. SAM's are hard to find.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

It simply needs to be an interior guy. I'm quite confident Bowser would not be too far off Judon's numbers if he's the next man up, and being realistic a top edge rusher would not necessarily give the Ravens many more sacks over Judon's 9.5. Sooooo much untapped potential on the inside though. Wormley, Ward, Williams and Pierce had 4 sacks combined in 2019. And that's it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I have to imagine the Steelers keep him. Also...I wouldn't be interested in Dupree either. He has been mediocre as hell until this contract year. That would concern me.

A guy I would be interested in, depending on his price tag, is Dante Fowler. He's 2 years younger than Judon and much more of a pass-rusher. He's coming off a really good year with 11.5 sacks. I dont know...he's another "contract year superstar" type of player.

Markus Golden, if the Giants don't keep him, might be a right player/right price type of acquisition. He's older, but he won't cost as much as some of the other names out there. He had 10 sacks on a really bad Giants defense this year. He was hurt the previous two years though, but in 2016, he did have 12.5 sacks for the Cardinals.
    Steelers will have some work to do, looks like they have 1.4 mill in cap space right now. I wonder if they are going to be able to do much at all.