Page 270 of 364 FirstFirst ... 268269270271272 ... LastLast
Results 3,229 to 3,240 of 4368
  1. Re: 2020 Off-Season Thread: News & Rumors

I didn’t know he had a football career
    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Johnny Manziel says his football career is probably 'in the past' :

"The former Cleveland Browns quarterback made the declaration in an interview with the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal for a story that was published Saturday."

Probably? LOL, I'm surprised he wasn't interviewed by the New York Times... Bc

Blog Entries

Re: 2020 Off-Season Thread: News & Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed bird View Post
    I didn’t know he had a football career
    LOL, Johnny we hardly knew ye... Bc

Blog Entries

Browns’ TE David Njoku and his agent Drew Rosenhaus asked today for the team to trade him. The Browns told Njoku they would like to keep him, but Rosenhaus told them he’s intent on a trade.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Browns’ TE David Njoku and his agent Drew Rosenhaus asked today for the team to trade him. The Browns told Njoku they would like to keep him, but Rosenhaus told them he’s intent on a trade.
    There got to be more to the story than the fact they got Austin Hooper in the off-season. Doesn't add up.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

He was benched last year. Freddie Kitchens is gone but the hard feelings clearly remain

Funny enough Kitchens was hired as a TE coach

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    There got to be more to the story than the fact they got Austin Hooper in the off-season. Doesn't add up.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    I would say Hooper is definitely the primary reason Njoku wants out. Hooper is the defacto #1 TE and he is going to see the lion's share of looks. Njoku is only 23 and was a first round pick in 2017. He also had a pretty good year in 2018 before being benched in 2019.

I see it as he very plainly wants to go to a team where he can be the top TE on the depth chart and one of the top options in the passing game.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I would say Hooper is definitely the primary reason Njoku wants out. Hooper is the defacto #1 TE and he is going to see the lion's share of looks. Njoku is only 23 and was a first round pick in 2017. He also had a pretty good year in 2018 before being benched in 2019.

I see it as he very plainly wants to go to a team where he can be the top TE on the depth chart and one of the top options in the passing game.
    That is probably the top reason but I don't think him being benched helped at all. He clearly wants a fresh start I wouldn't be surprised if the team who ends up trading for him puts him 2nd on the depth chart.

After-all there aren't a ton of jobs at this point and I doubt I few if any teams are going to guarantee him a starting spot this late and after the season he had last year.

I also think when you look at the Browns and how they plan to use Hunt there may not be a ton of opportunities there for him as a 2nd TE not as much as traditionally anyways or on another team as their 2nd TE.

Blog Entries

2020 Off-Season Thread: News & Rumors

Biggest contracts in NFL history: Patrick Mahomes tops list with reported 10-year deal worth up to $503M

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...l-worth-up-to/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Biggest contracts in NFL history: Patrick Mahomes tops list with reported 10-year deal worth up to $503M

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...l-worth-up-to/

With $35 guaranteed.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Desean Jackson is out here posting Hitler quotes on Insta.... not a good look

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Question Re: 2020 Off-Season Thread: News & Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Desean Jackson is out here posting Hitler quotes on Insta.... not a good look
    I wonder if one of those quotes is "The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming!"

... Bc

12. Re: 2020 Off-Season Thread: News & Rumors

On a lighter note, apparently the first person to "scoop" the Mahomes contract extension on social media was a liquor store employee who sold several Chiefs employees a case of Dom Perignon. Being a Chiefs fan herself, she put two and two together. Kinda cool!

Funniest quote from the story on PFT: “A Chiefs spokesperson declined to confirm a local champagne search to USA Today Sports.”