Page 28 of 364 FirstFirst ... 2627282930 ... LastLast

Re: 2020 Off-Season Thread: News & Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    There should be some type of team rule in place or even league rule in place.

At anytime if the Patriots come inquiring for a trade, the cost immediately increases to that team based on (Cheating, lack of being penalized from Godell and Krafts friendship, and overall douche bag quality of their fan base).

I would hate to see us give up a clearly talented playmaker but if it involves a 1st or 2nd round pick I am all for it.

Decosta please Fleece the Patriots!

Patriots don’t have a 2nd rounder. Doubt they give up their 1st.

I would hate to see hurst ball out in NE and we’re the reason they start winning again.

Blog Entries

I'm not advocating trading H.Hurst, but if we did then the Jags have the draft assets. They have two 1st round picks (#8 and #20) so they may not mind giving up their 2nd round pick (#43)... Bc

3. Re: 2020 Off-Season Thread: News & Rumors

Browns are likely releasing Olivier Vernon.

https://twitter.com/rotoworld_fb/sta...045456896?s=21

Looks like a potential good bargain option to give us some depth at pass rush. Since he'll be cut he doesn't affect the comp pick formula.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    It’s a long season. Hurst is our most complete TE. If we trade him away and Andrews and Boyle goes down... we’ll be in trouble. So anything less than a 2nd round pick isn’t worth it imo. Especially how much this team uses their TEs.

From the other team’s perspective: he’s 26. Not much production. With only 2-3 years left on rookie contract. Team fanbase probably won’t want to give up a 1st or 2nd for him.

So I honestly don’t see this going anywhere. Maybe as part as a package deal. But I rather keep garnet Thor.
    Do you think it is possible to replace Hurst with free agency or in the draft?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Browns are likely releasing Olivier Vernon.

https://twitter.com/rotoworld_fb/sta...045456896?s=21

Looks like a potential good bargain option to give us some depth at pass rush. Since he'll be cut he doesn't affect the comp pick formula.
    Agreed.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Do you think it is possible to replace Hurst with free agency or in the draft?
    I absolutely think we can, especially since all we would be asking of them would be TE3 work. Andrews and Boyle are going to be taking most of the snaps.

It’s a long season. Hurst is our most complete TE. If we trade him away and Andrews and Boyle goes down... we’ll be in trouble. So anything less than a 2nd round pick isn’t worth it imo. Especially how much this team uses their TEs.

From the other team’s perspective: he’s 26. Not much production. With only 2-3 years left on rookie contract. Team fanbase probably won’t want to give up a 1st or 2nd for him.

So I honestly don’t see this going anywhere. Maybe as part as a package deal. But I rather keep garnet Thor.
    I agree - how often do tight ends get injured? If Hurst is not clamoring to get out of BAL, I would play Andrews more in the slot, so that Hurst would be taking away snaps from Snead. Hurst should also get a few more targets that would have gone to Boyle. Boyle can keep his snaps, but he does not warrant more than ca two targets per game.

Both sides have an argument - any deal would have to be pretty sweet. Like you say, package deal. Get a good draft pick and Campbell for him, if it's JAX. No to NE.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

I agree completely. Though it would be a nice gesture for him, it doesn't make sense for the team to just give him away. He's a talented guy that brings a lot of value as a versatile depth piece at a critical position in our offense.

I would want a 2nd rounder for him, but I would consider a high 3rd given he only has 2 years left on his rookie deal before an option we likely won't pick up.

I'm not advocating trading or not trading Hurst but there is one thing I feel strongly about: do not trade him to New England.

The Patriots era is fading but one thing they sorely missed last year was a quality TE. Opponents bracketed Edelman, and they had no one else who could step up in the short/intermediate game in which Tom Brady excels.

They miss Gronk terribly. I'm not saying Hurst is Gronk, but Hurst is light years better than anyone else the Patriots have at TE. Hurst would not only get his catches but he'd open things up for other Patriots players too. He'd be a force multiplier for them and a big support for Tom Brady and the evil empire.

If we send Hurst to the Pats it will come back to bite us.

10. Re: 2020 Off-Season Thread: News & Rumors

It'd be foolish to trade Hurst. We need more receiving targets, not less. Lamar just needs to look his way more.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    It'd be foolish to trade Hurst. We need more receiving targets, not less. Lamar just needs to look his way more.
    Hard to look his way more when he's on the field 40% of the time.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I'm not advocating trading H.Hurst, but if we did then the Jags have the draft assets. They have two 1st round picks (#8 and #20) so they may not mind giving up their 2nd round pick (#43)... Bc
    I heard on radio that Yannick Ngagyue wants 22 mill per year. Looks like he wont be in Purple next season. Thats way too much