Page 274 of 364 FirstFirst ... 272273274275276 ... LastLast
Results 3,277 to 3,288 of 4368

Re: 2020 Off-Season Thread: News & Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Warrants? Meaning “in your opinion”, or is there some legal precedent?
    Meaning in my opinion. Nobody should have a monopoly. If the government isn't going to break up the NFL, or limit them in terms of broadcast rights, then free speech must be allowed no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by HotinHerre
    You wouldn’t get away with posting what Jackson posted if you worked for the actual government.
    Different set of circumstances. A so-called private entity benefits greatly from government allowing it to operate with an anti-trust exemption.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    We're not going to have a season. League wants to take part of the player's money - hell they should make MORE for playing during a pandemic.

@stefondiggs
    DIGGS
    ·
    But there’s so many unanswered questions with this upcoming season. I’d be lying if I said I was comfortable starting back up..

With proposals like this I agree it's looking dicier by the day. I still think they will find a way, but I am less certain now than I was a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Someone will play, if not the regular players. There are a lot of people hungry to play at the NFL level.
    Not that I think you are wrong, but I think this would be unwatchable considering the circumstances. The quality of play this season is already likely going to be down from what we are used to and that's if we get all the stars and regular players.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Someone will play, if not the regular players. There are a lot of people hungry to play at the NFL level.
    There is already an XFL....or whatever that other league is called. I forget.

The NFL isnt the NFL any more if it's a bunch of 2nd and 3rd tier players on the field.

Blog Entries

Imagine trying to bring in a bunch of new players that have never been in your system or even played at the NFL level in August and trying to get them ready for September in this environment, with limited practices and who knows if there will be a preseason at all. We've already talked about the challenges rookies face this year, now apply that to an entire roster? Highly unlikely.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Imagine trying to bring in a bunch of new players that have never been in your system or even played at the NFL level in August and trying to get them ready for September in this environment, with limited practices and who knows if there will be a preseason at all. We've already talked about the challenges rookies face this year, now apply that to an entire roster? Highly unlikely.
    Even if they managed to get the game to the field, it would look like dog crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    With proposals like this I agree it's looking dicier by the day. I still think they will find a way, but I am less certain now than I was a month ago.

Not that I think you are wrong, but I think this would be unwatchable considering the circumstances. The quality of play this season is already likely going to be down from what we are used to and that's if we get all the stars and regular players.
    It'll be watchable if they call me up to play baby!!

Blog Entries

After months of unproductive talks with the 49ers about fairly adjusting Raheem Mostert's contract (which paid him for special teams) we have requested a trade. Disappointing that it would come to this for a guy who led all NFL RBs in YPC & helped lead them to the Super Bowl.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    After months of unproductive talks with the 49ers about fairly adjusting Raheem Mostert's contract (which paid him for special teams) we have requested a trade. Disappointing that it would come to this for a guy who led all NFL RBs in YPC & helped lead them to the Super Bowl.
    He makes decent money for a RB and had less then 800 yards rushing last season. I understand why the SF 49'ers balked they took a chance and gave him decent money.

If he didn't like the offer he could have signed a 1 yr deal

Blog Entries

I’m praying that there’s is some explanation for what we might hear about what DeSean Jackson did today. As in, after he apologized twice.

Please tell me what he did today wasn’t real.

Quote Originally Posted by BenSavich View Post
    Different set of circumstances. A so-called private entity benefits greatly from government allowing it to operate with an anti-trust exemption.
    That’s not false. It’s just irrelevant. You want one thing (anti-trust exemption) to have something to do with another (first amendment) but it just doesn’t.

Freedom of speech in the first amendment just means DeSean Jackson can’t be thrown in jail for saying what he said. There is no job, anywhere, with an anti-trust exemption or without, where you have freedom of speech without consequences. Anyone who would like to test this theory should go tell his boss to go fuck him/herself today and see what happens.

I get that you don’t like the NFL’s antitrust exemption, but your argument holds zero water.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

I’m begging someone to tell me this isn’t real. A friend sent it to me last night from reddit.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EccLPEDW...pg&name=medium

“OneOfone” is DeSean Jackson’s instagram. Now, I don’t know how this works. Some are saying that if you visit his page, you can only see the like if you follow him or if you are logged in. Is that true?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I’m begging someone to tell me this isn’t real. A friend sent it to me last night from reddit.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EccLPEDW...pg&name=medium

“OneOfone” is DeSean Jackson’s instagram. Now, I don’t know how this works. Some are saying that if you visit his page, you can only see the like if you follow him or if you are logged in. Is that true?
    I understand where they are coming from with this but...

Doesn't really work when just a month ago everyone was destroying Drew Brees for his comments about the anthem and the flag - the backlash to what Brees said was significantly more severe than what we are seeing here from someone quoting fucking Hitler, which is absurd.

Doesn't really work when you are quoting someone responsible for murdering 6M Jewish people.
    back on twitter