Page 299 of 364 FirstFirst ... 297298299300301 ... LastLast
Results 3,577 to 3,588 of 4368
    Blog Entries

Re: 2020 Off-Season Thread: News & Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Wait. The Covid thread got locked?

Well. Last time I was there, the Wingnuts were making it highly politicized. Makes sense I guess.
    Everyone was making it politicized because there is no friggin way to NOT invite politics into a discussion about a global pandemic in which the entire country has gone into various "lockdown" phases and now we're looking at a situation of economic hardship whilst the shitbird political elites continue to play with themselves....and oh yea, we're still dealing with a damn pandemic.

Crazy world man.

Can't blame people for not making things political when everything in our world is political these days.

Hell, imagine what's going to happen on here (and any other NFL fan forum) when they play multiple national anthems, take knees, and wear SJW decals on their helmets.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    ... and wear SJW decals on their helmets.
    That epithet is itself politically charged. Shouldn't all of us be warriors against social injustice?

That epithet is itself politically charged. Shouldn't all of us be warriors against social injustice?
    I'm actually not sure. The first thing I call to question is what justice really means. Seems like it means different things to different people. I could go on.... in the Politics Forum.

I like to think you said injustice in the Christian Bale batman voice.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Lol, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I'm actually not sure. The first thing I call to question is what justice really means. Seems like it means different things to different people. I could go on.... in the Politics Forum.
    Words used to have actual meanings. Now words also have co-opted meanings that are different from the meaning of the actual words (that in some cases eclipses the literal meaning). I never would have known that "SJW" carried a negative connotation until politically charged discussion spilled over into a football thread.
    Last edited by edromeo; 08-05-2020 at 09:44 AM.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Will Arnett Lego Batman voice.

Blog Entries

Did anyone listen to the Joshua Harris interview on 105.7 yesterday?
    Hopefully they'll post it on the fan website.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Did anyone listen to the Joshua Harris interview on 105.7 yesterday?
    Hopefully they'll post it on the fan website.
    No!

Oh sweet. Love hearing from him.

Blog Entries

No!

Oh sweet. Love hearing from him.
    Good interview.

I emailed vinny and haynie and asked them to post it.

But I recorded it on my phone if they don't/can't post it.

Blog Entries

Saw on Twitter that Jamison Hensley saying everyone in Ravens building is wearing a tracker that apparently beeps when they are too close to someone else, and also can help in contact tracing if someone does get it. Not sure if that's league wide, but regardless, as always, the organization is doing things the right way.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Saw on Twitter that Jamison Hensley saying everyone in Ravens building is wearing a tracker that apparently beeps when they are too close to someone else, and also can help in contact tracing if someone does get it. Not sure if that's league wide, but regardless, as always, the organization is doing things the right way.
    I like this a lot for non-players (coaches, staff, refs), but the players are gonna break the social distancing guidelines during every play of practice and games. The emphasis has to be on keeping COVID out/keeping everyone in a bubble, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    The organization has thinkers in it.