Untold Stories: Ed Reed

https://youtu.be/kMrl1YdjIY0

We also get more details into 2012 mutiny. Apparently and unsurprisingly Bernard Pollard is the one that escalated the situation.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Re: Untold Stories: Ed Reed

This was a great watch. I enjoyed a lot of it, but I had the most respect for him telling that white house that he was not going to say anything during the Baltimore riots, and I love his view on the riots. I still remember being so disappointed by Ray Lewis when he made that video from his living room.

It was also interesting to hear what Ed had to say about Houston as well as not getting any type of contract offer from the Ravens. For some reason, I thought we lowballed him as opposed to not even offering a contract

Blog Entries

For those who did not listen:

Reed was not offered a contract following the Super Bowl season. The feeling amongst fans had long been that he was just low-balled. The reality was that he wasn’t given an offer.

He decided against doing a Ray Lewis during the riots. And good on him for that. I had to go to work that night and we were instructed to wait until arriving to the facility to change into our uniform. That’s how dangerous it was for LEOs that week. I could see the main building on fire (Down by where the Pharmaceuticals were stolen and sold on the street that night) from my apartment, and this fool is sitting up in his library in a mansion in a different state, trying to send a damned message.

The Mutiny started, because Harbaugh had an early morning meeting with the veteran leaders, where he initially wanted to put them in pads during that bye week. The veterans respectfully went against that idea and Harbaugh decided against it in that very meeting in front of them. However, when he had a later meeting with the entire team, he told the team they were going in pads. Reed stood up to basically say, ‘Whoa, you just told us you weren’t. You can’t go back on your word like that’. Harbaugh said he changed his mind as he came down the stairs. Pollard then went off on him and tried to egg Reed on to joining in, which Reed did not. It was eventually Ngata who stood up and respectfully told Harbaugh that he did indeed give his word. The team backed Ngata, who rarely speaks and that’s when things settled down.

If he hadn’t hurt his knees in the Super Bowl, he knows he would have picked off Kaepernick at least three more times. He just didn’t have the legs to get him there.

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    Those riots were BS. Complete BS. Destroy your own damn city, then beg for money to repair it. LOL. What a crock of shit.
    Maybe try to be less of an edgelord and maybe you'll get a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    This was a great watch. I enjoyed a lot of it, but I had the most respect for him telling that white house that he was not going to say anything during the Baltimore riots, and I love his view on the riots. I still remember being so disappointed by Ray Lewis when he made that video from his living room.

It was also interesting to hear what Ed had to say about Houston as well as not getting any type of contract offer from the Ravens. For some reason, I thought we lowballed him as opposed to not even offering a contract

Well we at least now know what the mutiny was about.

I think its a shame he was not offered even the vet minimum to return. He was still probably better than the guys who took over.

We have often heard players say Ravens ownership and front office is class act when it comes to treatment of players especially veteran players.

"If I would of stayed in Baltimore......I would still be playing today"

Crazy part is I took this quite literally. My favorite player ever. Cannot believe he wasn't offered $1 to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by DelaWhereRaven View Post

Crazy part is I took this quite literally. My favorite player ever. Cannot believe he wasn't offered $1 to come back.
    I took it more as they knew they couldn’t offer him the money he wanted so rather than insult him, they let him test the market. As we also saw in Houston and with the Jets, he wasn’t the same.... he’d lost his speed which is what, paired with his smarts, made him so deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by DelaWhereRaven View Post

I can. It was obvious during the 2012 season that he was just about done. I don't blame them for letting his seek other offers. We all saw how it turned out. Imagine if we'd have had to cut him during the season. Or worse, had to carry him all year out of loyalty when he clearly was done.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...