Page 2 of 154 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Re: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I understand all of that.

Of course it's not a permanent structure. That's not what it is all about.

The scale and turnaround time is impressive.

It's remarkable how that country is able to bring resources to bear, including raw manpower, when they really want to accomplish something.

Being authoritarian can make a country more nimble that way.
    I wasn't taking a shot at you btw... i hope you know that.

Is it impressive? Sure... Egypt built some impressive structures too... but I doubt that 3,000 years from now people will be marveling at this hospital lol.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    I wasn't taking a shot at you btw... i hope you know that.

Is it impressive? Sure... Egypt built some impressive structures too... but I doubt that 3,000 years from now people will be marveling at this hospital lol.
    It's modular trailers. But it's a shitload of them. I don't know what technology they use or who makes them but they all have to be wired for power, and have HVAC, plumbing etc... It's impressive because it was done in 10 days. Lot of equipment and manpower. I imagine having some experience with bad viruses maybe they have thought about scenarios like this and had a plan to follow. I think in the US if we ever had a pandemic you would want something like this too so you don't overwhelm local hospitals.

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Yes... it is certainly amazing what you can do with slave-labor. The government forced all of the top engineers in the country to work on this, and they brought in local people without consent, to work in horribly dangerous conditions. I'd venture to guess that about a dozen people died during this construction. Also... from my understanding... this "hospital" is not exactly state of the art. It is basically a bunch of cells with beds so that people can comfortably be locked up and kept in quarantine. There's not going to be any sort of surgery unit or really any treatment related facilities. It is going to be a jail with nicer painted walls and tiled floors.

Believing ANYTHING coming out of China is a mistake. I remember all of the "awesome news" coming out of Soviet Russia as well... and when we finally got in there, we realized that they were making it all up and that they were technologically about 15 years behind us across the board.
    Yup. Not that it’s “fact “ but just watch the Chernobyl Doc on HBO or whatever. Those “super advanced “ Russians didn’t have a clue about Nuke energy. And safety....what’s that. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Lol, I remember a news story joking that Fed-Ex Field, or Raljon, felt like it was purchased that was purchased from Ikea. I always thought that was funny. That place was a mess when it was built if I recall. I think there were a lot of obstructed/f'd up view seats and it was just very bare bones and cheap and characterless.
    I remember Jack Kent Cooke wanted to get it built ASAP before he died.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I remember Jack Kent Cooke wanted to get it built ASAP before he died.
    I wonder if it came with directions with just pictures and no words and a little tool to put it all together.

Things aren't good over there. My ex-fiancee's brother is still close with me. He lives most of the time in Hong Kong.

Things are getting pretty bad and Chinese mainland citizens are escaping into Hong Kong.

2% death rate. The Chinese government are more interested in subversion and image than anything. It's probably much much worse than what's reported.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Things aren't good over there. My ex-fiancee's brother is still close with me. He lives most of the time in Hong Kong.

Things are getting pretty bad and Chinese mainland citizens are escaping into Hong Kong.

2% death rate. The Chinese government are more interested in subversion and image than anything. It's probably much much worse than what's reported.
    https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3871594

First american died from the virus
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

So apparently Pelosi is saying the Coronavirus 2.5 billion is "late—too late—anemic." and everything is Trump's fault now on this.

If he had approved 5 Billion they would say 10 etc.. This crap has to be a huge turnoff to swing voters.

So apparently Pelosi is saying the Coronavirus 2.5 billion is "late—too late—anemic." and everything is Trump's fault now on this.

If he had approved 5 Billion they would say 10 etc.. This crap has to be a huge turnoff to swing voters.
    That bitch's district is covered in human shit and drug needles and the plague is back because of the filth in California.

NOW, SF wants to declare a state of emergency for coronavirus and blame Trump for it?

What sane human still listens to anything this sack of tits says? Seriously.

This whole thing feels so political.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    That bitch's district is covered in human shit and drug needles and the plague is back because of the filth in California.

NOW, SF wants to declare a state of emergency for coronavirus and blame Trump for it?

What sane human still listens to anything this sack of tits says? Seriously.

This whole thing feels so political.
    This is a serious issue that requires actual leadership. If I had to trust Trump or Pelosi to lead on this, I'd trust Trump 1million%. Totally agree that SF has had massive outbreaks of diseases that were virtually non-existent in most 2nd World Countries, and now they are demanding Federal $ for a disease that hasn't even began to spread in the US? GTFOH. If we were to put resources on this, 1st step is to support the places that actually have international travel hubs that service Asia, AND have a noticeable infrastructure where those resources made a difference. Los Angeles would be in that list. So would NYC, Atlanta, Boston, Miami.

I'd put high level CDC people at every major airport city that services the East along with a tactical task force. I'd put military and Nat'l Guard at both borders... Military at the Southern, and Natty Guard at the northern. I'd quarantine off SF instead of actually servicing it because CDC would take one step on the ground and be like, "Uhhh... these people are screwed". You'd be having homeless people taking advantage of medical tents for needles, and high level medical staff cleaning crap off the streets. SF is a lost cause at this point... it'd be better just to contain it. If this were to hit land in a major way in SF... that is 100% worst case scenario, and we'd have a pandemic. If it starts hitting Mexico, that is the 2nd worse case scenario because we can't even track healthy people coming in... how do we know if sick ones made it over?

This is a problem. A serious problem. Trump isn't "shortchanging" on this... there just isn't a plan in place and they are asking for blanket money. Remember when we had the gulf pipeline leak, and Obama threw craptons of cash at FEMA to take care of it? Well my brother was on one of those teams... they had mobile massage units in tents... 4-5 companies were all sent to the same areas to collect samples. They spent whole days drinking because they'd show up for a day they were paid to be there for, and be told to leave because there was nothing to do. FEMA paid actors to throw on hazmat suits and drive around to where news crews were so they could look like they were in hazmat suits cleaning oil off the beach (PS: Environmental Oil Cleanup Teams don't wear hazmat suits). They blew through millions of dollars doing absolutely nothing, and do you remember how it actually was fixed? BP, the company that owned it, made a cap, and plugged the hole... the end. So we spent millions on cleaning it up. Do you remember early on? A guy in the EPA committed career suicide because he said the truth... that microbial life in the gulf would actually get rid of it... GOVERNMENT FLIPPED OUT ON THIS GUY. He was fired almost immediately for the horrible crime of stating that maybe the government was spending too much money on a problem that really would just take care of itself.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Blog Entries

I think there are around 50 confirmed cases in the US...and a majority of them were from that cruise ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.