Page 150 of 154 FirstFirst ... 148149150151152 ... LastLast
Results 1,789 to 1,800 of 1842

Thread: Coronavirus

Re: Coronavirus

Hospitalizations are down 40 percent in Georgia since May 1st.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    The media sure has an exemption for social distancing when people are protesting, rioting and looting now but just a few weeks ago they were freaking out when people were protesting the lockdowns in several states, or congregating at a beach or on a boardwalk. Hmmm.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/epide...ng-same-effect

Epidemiologist Who Triggered Worldwide Lockdowns Admits: Without Instituting Full Lockdown, Sweden Essentially Getting Same Effect

There are going to be a lot of protesters who are going to end up sick in the next couple of weeks and end up killing those they supposedly love including grandpa and grandma. The next outbreak is completely on them.

It's also strange how these democrat mayors wouldn't allow people to eat at a restaurant or get a haircut but are perfectly fine with 10's of thousands of people gathering for hours on end in close proximity together. What a weird time to be alive.
    Last edited by boller4president; 06-03-2020 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/epide...ng-same-effect

Epidemiologist Who Triggered Worldwide Lockdowns Admits: Without Instituting Full Lockdown, Sweden Essentially Getting Same Effect
    https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1268267490385281026?s=19

Swedens leading epidemiologist saying he didnt lock down hard enough

Let's all step out of the "COVID is horrible and we are all going to die" vs "it is the flu" conversation and realize that this happened:

A study backed by a Chicago Medical Professional, and using data from a medical data collection company called Surgisphere was posted in the Lancet stating that the use of HCQ is harmful and had a lot of side issues (I'm obviously paraphrasing... you can read the article, which is annotated, yourself if you want it broken down further). This Lancet article was then highly touted in the news as proof of Trump's incompetence, and that HCQ was a terrible drug. The WHO and several other world health organizations immediately put a stop to clinical trials based on this study. This was the enormous study that proved what a total buffoon Trump is!

One big issue... the study, when researched even slightly, was total BS. Doctors around the world immediately started questioning this study when it had such a high number of subjects, was run across multiple continents and thousands of hospitals.... there were only four authors. Studies that have a couple dozen subjects have dozens of authors. Then, when the company that provided the research was looked into, they employed a Male-Model, and a Sci-Fi author in high up positions, and the Dr who defended it is apparently a huge liberal donor. Not ONE person in the media, or even on the medical boards that publish studies, double checked this before publishing it as fact.

Here is the problem that I know a lot of us are aware of: Politics has spilled over into scientific research and this is 100% documented proof that it is happening. People were already questioning the "science" behind things such as global warming, and the current pandemic. People that questioned it were shouted down as "science deniers". Maybe, instead of shouting them down, realize... this isn't the first time that major published research backing an opinion that was rushed out, or has super high sample sizes was false. Maybe, instead of just googling something that backs your opinion, and looks kinda sciency, think for yourself.

I was unfriended by a person that works for a pharmacy, and another that works for a major pharmaceutical company for being a science denier and told how stupid I am for not knowing how good clinical research was. They both used this Lancet study to show me how wrong I was. I posted this morning on that thread to ask them about the debunking of that study, and both have now blocked my account.

Politicizing science is literally the beginning of the end. We all have a right to question the data being presented by these groups:

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/86692
    https://nypost.com/2020/06/03/who-re...fter-bad-data/
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Let's all step out of the "COVID is horrible and we are all going to die" vs "it is the flu" conversation and realize that this happened:

A study backed by a Chicago Medical Professional, and using data from a medical data collection company called Surgisphere was posted in the Lancet stating that the use of HCQ is harmful and had a lot of side issues (I'm obviously paraphrasing... you can read the article, which is annotated, yourself if you want it broken down further). This Lancet article was then highly touted in the news as proof of Trump's incompetence, and that HCQ was a terrible drug. The WHO and several other world health organizations immediately put a stop to clinical trials based on this study. This was the enormous study that proved what a total buffoon Trump is!

One big issue... the study, when researched even slightly, was total BS. Doctors around the world immediately started questioning this study when it had such a high number of subjects, was run across multiple continents and thousands of hospitals.... there were only four authors. Studies that have a couple dozen subjects have dozens of authors. Then, when the company that provided the research was looked into, they employed a Male-Model, and a Sci-Fi author in high up positions, and the Dr who defended it is apparently a huge liberal donor. Not ONE person in the media, or even on the medical boards that publish studies, double checked this before publishing it as fact.

Here is the problem that I know a lot of us are aware of: Politics has spilled over into scientific research and this is 100% documented proof that it is happening. People were already questioning the "science" behind things such as global warming, and the current pandemic. People that questioned it were shouted down as "science deniers". Maybe, instead of shouting them down, realize... this isn't the first time that major published research backing an opinion that was rushed out, or has super high sample sizes was false. Maybe, instead of just googling something that backs your opinion, and looks kinda sciency, think for yourself.

I was unfriended by a person that works for a pharmacy, and another that works for a major pharmaceutical company for being a science denier and told how stupid I am for not knowing how good clinical research was. They both used this Lancet study to show me how wrong I was. I posted this morning on that thread to ask them about the debunking of that study, and both have now blocked my account.

Politicizing science is literally the beginning of the end. We all have a right to question the data being presented by these groups:

Why isn't everybody up in arms over this?

We're being lied to and it's provable.

We destroyed the greatest economy in US history and the "news people" are lying about a potential solution to the virus that caused the economic collapse. Why are they lying and why are they suppressing information that counters their propaganda?

Seriously, this should make people irate. Why isn't it?

Oh jeez. Here comes Dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Why isn't everybody up in arms over this?

We're being lied to and it's provable.

We destroyed the greatest economy in US history and the "news people" are lying about a potential solution to the virus that caused the economic collapse. Why are they lying and why are they suppressing information that counters their propaganda?

Seriously, this should make people irate. Why isn't it?
    Because orange man bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Media: crickets

Blog Entries

U.K. trial on hydroxychloroquine: ‘It doesn’t work’

By Sarah Wheaton
    06/05/2020 11:14 AM EDT

BRUSSELS — A large, randomized U.K. trial found “no clinical benefit” of hydroxychloroquine to treat hospitalized Covid-19 patients, researchers announced Friday.

“It doesn’t work,” said Martin Landray, one of the lead researchers, at a briefing. Patients receiving hydroxychloroquine died at about the same rate — about one in four — as those receiving regular care in a randomized trial being conducted by the University of Oxford and the U.K. National Health Service.

Researchers said they’re no longer giving patients the malaria drug in the so-called Recovery trial, which will continue to evaluate three other treatments as potential coronavirus fixes.

For anyone who’s hospitalized, “hydroxychloroquine is not the right treatment,” Landray said.
    Researchers reviewed their data earlier than planned following a request Thursday by the U.K.’s drugs regulator.

It’s the latest twist for the controversial drug, championed by U.S. President Donald Trump, among others. Last month, a massive observational study published in the Lancet suggested it increased the risk of death, prompting the World Health Organization to pause its study of hydroxychloroquine.

As questions about that study grew, leading to the Lancet’s retraction on Thursday, the WHO restarted its hydroxychloroquine study, saying the data from current randomized trials don’t show it causing extra harm.

The WHO now plans to once again reconsider testing hydroxychloroquine after the U.K. researchers informed the U.N. health body of their determinations Friday morning, said Peter Horby, the other principal investigator.

Among the 11,000 patients in the Recovery trial, 1,542 were randomly assigned to receive hydroxychloroquine compared to 3,132 getting regular care, with the rest using the other treatments in the study. After 28 days in the hospital, 26 percent died on hydroxychloroquine, while 24 percent in the control group died, a statistically equal result.

There was no evidence the drug shortened hospital stays or otherwise improved outcomes, researchers said. Nor was there evidence it caused greater risks.

To view online:
    https://subscriber.politicopro.com/h...t-work-3981206
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare