Blog Entries

Re: Jonathan Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Ravens had Mostert at one point.
    Him?

He does play a mighty good tune... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Taylor's especially after seeing Wisconsin start to give him the ball more in the passing game.

Not sure I'm a fan in the first.

In this type of offense though I think he'd be really really special.
    i watched every wisconsin game this year ( he was on my fantasy team) and they did try to pass him more but it wasnt anything special. he had a decent amount of drops and he didnt run too many different patterns.

it was also disheartening to see him being taken out on a lot of 3rd downs.
    Last edited by WrongBaldy; 01-27-2020 at 02:29 PM.

I like Taylor a lot. Only concern is that Wisconsin ran the shit out of him.

I also think Dobbins is better, but Taylor is definitely right up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. I feel like JK Dobbins will be a better fit for us. And the fact that Taylor has ALOT of mileage

Blog Entries

You'd have to compare to who else is available at the spot, but generally speaking I'd be completely fine with drafting a RB at 28. It isn't the 6th pick or the 12th pick or the 18th pick here.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I'm not taking any RB in the 1st round unless they're projected to be the next Barkley, Elliott, McCaffrey, etc.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Interesting.

Outside of Fournette I would say all of the top 10 backs were worth it.

Outside of Jacobs (still early) I would say everyone #15 or later has been mediocre. Although I think Penny and Michel could still be good. They're just poor fits for the teams they're on.

Also interesting to look at, here's the 2nd rounders from the same period.

2019: r2p53, Miles Sanders
    2018: r2p35 - Nick Chubb, r2p38 - Ronald Jones, r2p43 - Kerryon Johnson, r2p59 - Darrius Guice
    2017: r2p41 - Dalvin Cook, r2p48 - Joe Mixon
    2016: r2p45 - Derrick Henry
    2015: r2p36 - TJ Yeldon, r2p54 - Ameer Abdullah

The value is much better here with pretty comparable production levels.
    Thank you.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

I'd have no second thoughts about taking Travis Etienne in the 1st round. He's staying in school so that's not happening.

Taylor has almost double the amount of rushes as Etienne. It's near 924 as opposed to 518. That significant.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I'm not taking any RB in the 1st round unless they're projected to be the next Barkley, Elliott, McCaffrey, etc.
    The only RB worth taking in the (late) 1st this year is swift. If JK dobbins or Taylor is there at our 2nd though.. it wouldn’t be a bad pick.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'd have no second thoughts about taking Travis Etienne in the 1st round. He's staying in school so that's not happening.

Taylor has almost double the amount of rushes as Etienne. It's near 924 as opposed to 518. That significant.
    But he wouldn't have anywhere near that much here not until ingram finishes his contract most likely and even then it wouldn't be quite that much.

The thing I keep coming back to is that this offense lives and dies by the run. Justice Hill doesn't have the power to be an every down player in the NFL, but he's a good change of pace guy.
    So you are figuring Hill won't do anything to develop more power during the off season. If he has any kind of work ethic he will come to camp 10-15 pounds of muscle heavier and maybe a step quicker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    But he wouldn't have anywhere near that much here not until ingram finishes his contract most likely and even then it wouldn't be quite that much.
    If you aren't giving him 200+ carries in a season then why draft him in round 1? I'm not using a 1st round pick on a back to replace Gus Edwards for 2 years. At the very least you are looking for Sony Michel level performance if you are investing a 1st round pick on a RB

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If you aren't giving him 200+ carries in a season then why draft him in round 1? I'm not using a 1st round pick on a back to replace Gus Edwards for 2 years. At the very least you are looking for Sony Michel level performance if you are investing a 1st round pick on a RB
    It's possible that he and Ingram both still run for 1000 or at least combine for 2000 rushing while hill is used in the passing game. Drafting Taylor would be knowing for sure he's gonna be an elite back in the NFL and he certainly has the potential.

I'm not saying we should but I may not necessarily hate it.