Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Kobe

Re: RIP Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I play mens league Thursday nights and we were down 19 with 3 minutes left so I threw up a deep 3 with the signature "KOBE!" just goofing around and it went in lol.
    Aren't you like 5'2" what you doing playing basketball

So what's the acceptable waiting period before diving into dank memes? Not to make light of a man's death and all... but sometimes you can't help but make light of a man's death. It lifts the oppressive and somber atmosphere, if only for a moment. And I would think the departed would enjoy a bit of levity. I know I would. See the deluge of whacky 9/11 memes. I've already found some keepers.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Re: RIP Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson8 View Post
    So what's the acceptable waiting period before diving into dank memes? Not to make light of a man's death and all... but sometimes you can't help but make light of a man's death. It lifts the oppressive and somber atmosphere, if only for a moment. And I would think the departed would enjoy a bit of levity. I know I would. See the deluge of whacky 9/11 memes. I've already found some keepers.
    AJ8, President Lincoln's assassination in 1865 has been the cause of some jokes because it was in the 19th century. In more recent years I don't see much humor in "9/11", but Kobe's death was so recent that I don't/can't see any levity in it at all... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Wasn't Muggsy Bogues something like 5'4" playing in the NBA - with distinction!

I was just reading of all the Make a Wish wishes he fulfilled. The good die young.

7. Re: RIP Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Kobe, like MJ, was/is the last of a generation IMO. Guys nowadays take days off all the time. Even premier guys like Kyrie & Chris Paul couldn’t muster the “strength” to show up and play the last 2 nights because they were grief stricken. Ok, every deals with grief differently. Kobe and MJ, those guys were as mentally tough as anyone. They wouldn’t ever take a day off or call out sick. Rare breeds that should be admired as true men.

AHEM.

5'7. And I'll snatch those mo'fuckin ankles.

Funny story actaully, I was this tall in grade 7. So when I played travel ball I was a big man and was pretty solid. Played on Ottawa's summer team called the Guardsman that ran in Toronto tournaments with the big guns. Khem Birch was on my team (his bio says he's from Montreal, but he grew up in Russell Ontario and played for Nepean's rep team) and was the 5. I was the 4.

But then I didn't grow another inch and every year I moved further and further away from being any good. In grade 11-12 I was literally the 4th guy off the bench which means I barely saw the floor.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    AHEM.

5'7. And I'll snatch those mo'fuckin ankles.

Funny story actaully, I was this tall in grade 7. So when I played travel ball I was a big man and was pretty solid. Played on Ottawa's summer team called the Guardsman that ran in Toronto tournaments with the big guns. Khem Birch was on my team (his bio says he's from Montreal, but he grew up in Russell Ontario and played for Nepean's rep team) and was the 5. I was the 4.

But then I didn't grow another inch and every year I moved further and further away from being any good. In grade 11-12 I was literally the 4th guy off the bench which means I barely saw the floor.
    Yea I was about 5'7" when I was 11 always known as tall and only grew a few more inches after that. I never get that "you're so tall" comment anymore.

Yea I was about 5'7" when I was 11 always known as tall and only grew a few more inches after that. I never get that "you're so tall" comment anymore.
    Yeah so basically that, but I didn't even get a few more inches lol.

One of my buddies ended up playing for Acadia University and there's a picture of us from that grade 7 year. I'm taller than him.

He ended up 6'9.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    And this is why no matter how much I disliked him during most of his playing career, I had the utmost respect for his game.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    And this is why no matter how much I disliked him during most of his playing career, I had the utmost respect for his game.
    FACTS
    - Ray Lewis