Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Kobe

Re: RIP Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    L.A. Sheriff apparently said that the family found out through TMZ posting.
    Wow. TMZ has no shame. Fuck them

Heartbreaking.

It's devastating. Bryant was doing so many good things in his retirement.

Some guys just quietly live out their lives but it seemed Kobe wanted to make a bigger impact. Unfortunately we'll never get to see the full of it. And Baby Mamba could playyyyy. Just an absolute tragedy.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    It's devastating. Bryant was doing so many good things in his retirement.

Some guys just quietly live out their lives but it seemed Kobe wanted to make a bigger impact. Unfortunately we'll never get to see the full of it. And Baby Mamba could playyyyy. Just an absolute tragedy.
    He was making an impact in the LA area especially for the youth, just a shame, can't imagine how the family is coping with the untimely death of Kobe & his daughter.

A lot of grown men cried today including myself. This freaking sucks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    A lot of grown men cried today including myself. This freaking sucks.
    Same here. Its fucked up his wife and parents had to learn about his death from TMZ.

Blog Entries

Tragic and sad. Prayers for his family

Blog Entries

Hit hard. The parallels between this and my own experience certainly made it harder on me than normal, particularly when the news of his daughter came to light. The worst things in the world can happen in the span of seconds, it is so important to make sure to savour every moment with those you love. The first few days after, when you are forced to merge your heartbreak with the new reality of your life, are going to be the darkest moments of his families life. All of my heart goes to them as they make their way through.

The first report I heard was that all 4 of the daughters were on board. Which turned out to be totally false. But I guess facts don’t matter when you have to be the first to break the story. Neither does piling on to his already devastated wife

Sorry to hear of your loss JonAB
    Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Hit hard. The parallels between this and my own experience certainly made it harder on me than normal, particularly when the news of his daughter came to light. The worst things in the world can happen in the span of seconds, it is so important to make sure to savour every moment with those you love. The first few days after, when you are forced to merge your heartbreak with the new reality of your life, are going to be the darkest moments of his families life. All of my heart goes to them as they make their way through.

Just awful news, my wife told me about it while we were out shopping yesterday and it still doesn't feel real.

I was never a big Kobe fan...didn't like the Lakers or Kobe personally, but I always respected his game...he was the kind of player where he thrived on it, and MADE you respect and fear him on the court. His work ethic was obviously legendary and inspired a LOT of us in so many ways, not just the court, but whatever you did, you could embrace his mentality of putting in the work.

After he retired, and I got to listen and watch him so much more outside of pregame and postgame interviews, and you got to see his personality more and more, I came to really like him over the past 2 years or so. I fully appreciated watching him play...I really only caught the last 6 years of MJ's career while I got to watch all of Kobe's...I just wish we all had more time to appreciate Kobe the man as he started to pull back the curtain more of who he truly is beyond the basketball madman.

RIP Kobe and Gigi. And I am definitely praying for their family...I can't imagine the pain his wife and other daughters are going through right now...to lose their husband/daughter/dad/sister in the same moment and to have to grieve in public. This sucks.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Just awful news, my wife told me about it while we were out shopping yesterday and it still doesn't feel real.

I was never a big Kobe fan...didn't like the Lakers or Kobe personally, but I always respected his game...he was the kind of player where he thrived on it, and MADE you respect and fear him on the court. His work ethic was obviously legendary and inspired a LOT of us in so many ways, not just the court, but whatever you did, you could embrace his mentality of putting in the work.

After he retired, and I got to listen and watch him so much more outside of pregame and postgame interviews, and you got to see his personality more and more, I came to really like him over the past 2 years or so. I fully appreciated watching him play...I really only caught the last 6 years of MJ's career while I got to watch all of Kobe's...I just wish we all had more time to appreciate Kobe the man as he started to pull back the curtain more of who he truly is beyond the basketball madman.

RIP Kobe and Gigi. And I am definitely praying for their family...I can't imagine the pain his wife and other daughters are going through right now...to lose their husband/daughter/dad/sister in the same moment and to have to grieve in public. This sucks.
    This was almsot a perfect summary of how I feel. Well said.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB