Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 121314

Thread: RIP Kobe

Re: RIP Kobe

I think she told both sides of the story appropriately. And she waited to present both sides until people had a chance to process the emotions.

It was well done and it proves exactly what my point was about the timeliness.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Not only that, but the reoccurring theme was he did "X" and seemed to want to learn and make up for Colorado.... if he really meant it!

And the pièce de résistance....

"Neither time nor death can earn you salvation. What can? The hard, messy work of reconciling your actions and how they've affected others."

REEKS of self-righteousness and sanctimony.
    So virtuous.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    So virtuous.
    And behind closed doors she's probably the female version of Matt Lauer.

(j/k)

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I think she told both sides of the story appropriately. And she waited to present both sides until people had a chance to process the emotions.

It was well done and it proves exactly what my point was about the timeliness.
    It may have come at a better time, and was less graphic, but the theme was the same. Kobe was guilty

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    It may have come at a better time, and was less graphic, but the theme was the same. Kobe was guilty
    I don't really take exception with her opinion on the facts. I've read up on it and I can form my own opinion.

I care much more about the approach including telling both stories and the timing. She can tell the story the way she wants to tell it.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I don't really take exception with her opinion on the facts. I've read up on it and I can form my own opinion.

I care much more about the approach including telling both stories and the timing. She can tell the story the way she wants to tell it.
    Sure she can tell the story the way she wants. And the way she wanted to tell it was clearly slanted toward Kobe being guilty

Blog Entries

One thing I will say is that I’m not sure how I feel about so many people trying to speak for this young woman and use her experience as a weapon to go on crusades about their personal agendas and feelings toward Kobe and others.

Thinking back to the case itself, she had the opportunity to testify and chose not to. Right or wrong. I could certainly understand why she would make that choice. My point is, if that’s the choice she made then, and she’s said nothing since, how are some people so sure that feeling the need to ramp all of this up isn’t negatively affecting her specifically? The writer talks about how his death affects her and other victims. Well, how do you know if you don’t allow the woman to speak for herself? How do you know that you proving your point in this manner isn’t in itself making things worse for her?

Just like much thought hasn’t seemed to be given to his children and their ability to process this in the short-term, it doesn’t seem like much thought has been given to how these pieces have truly affected the subject of them.

It does give off the vibe that he’s guilty and he owes something to every victim out there.

It’s like when the anthem issue came up in the NFL and people kept trying to use Pat Tillman to prove a point. His family came out and said they don’t want him to be used like some weapon in people’s crusades.

How do we know, either way, what this young woman wants? Is this really about her?

Unfortunately, I feel confident in saying that the vast majority of this board knows of someone who has been physically abused or a rape victim. One thing that can happen too easily is that in one’s anger and frustration over the situation, they fail to keep their emotions in check and begin projecting them onto the victim, instead of allowing the victim to speak and think for their self. It creates even more complicated maze-like issues with the recovery process. You hurt for someone so bad that you lose track of the reality that this is not about you. You mean well, but the results don’t go well.

8. Re: RIP Kobe

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I thought Saint Peter was handling that job solo?
    Have to step in here. It is in fact Jesus that is assigned to judge humanity at the end.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Hey Gayle King, welcome to Trump's world.

https://pagesix.com/2020/02/06/cbs-r...783.1580837824