Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

PFF Names someone other than Lamar MVP; Jim goes OFF

Blog Entries

Re: PFF Names someone other than Lamar MVP; Jim goes OFF

Prodigious.

But damn dude, long af.

I agree with most of your points that I’ve read thus far (not finished the whole thing, lol).

Also, I think both Russ and Lamar have very good pocket presence. I would give Russ the edge in pocket presence and Lamar the edge in evasion/eliminating unaccounted for pressures.

Russ takes a lot of sacks because he’s looking downfield behind a perennially poor pass protection. Lamar’s has better OTs and his sack numbers are thankfully minimized by a scheme that limits the interior OLs suck.

To be clear: I agree 💯 no 1000% that PFF screwed the pooch on making Russ and not Lamar the MVP.

Both the run game and the pass game were built around him.

Blog Entries

Finished it.

No objections.....well one.
    Say what you will about Schotty’s son.
    Either by volition or edict from Carroll he sticks with the run.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

There is an undercurrent in the NFL and surrounding industry that despises Lamar and still thinks he's a RB who can throw.

The paradigm that Lamar, Harbaugh and the Ravens just destroyed this year was a profound and deep rooted one. In psychology change is the most difficult thing to accomplish with people. We are hard wired to resist change, even when it is for the better and overwhelmingly obvious what change needs to happen. You find that some people would rather kill themselves than change. I believe this is what some people (like Polian, Mr 'l would have drafted Brady' but was stopped) are stuck in.

They can't believe the world has changed and they are trying to pick up the shreds of the previous world and say nothing has changed.

I think this year was prearranged (yes fixed/set up ) for Wilson and Lamar torched that and burned to the ground. Most couldn't ignore the change, but some few are trying to live in the ashes and rubble of that burned out, thoroughly destroyed shell of a house.

does anyone actually think PFF does as good a job as others at player evaluation? i never have. just a proprietary analysis site with no insight into the process. where PFF excels is in marketing. they got big names on board, somehow landed some sort of contract with the NFL, and now we get to see during the in-gamr player introductions that Sam Darnold is the 25th best QB out of 35 based on some magical formula. whatever.

Blog Entries

Only hole I found is that you discount DK Metcalf being a rookie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    does anyone actually think PFF does as good a job as others at player evaluation? i never have. just a proprietary analysis site with no insight into the process. where PFF excels is in marketing. they got big names on board, somehow landed some sort of contract with the NFL, and now we get to see during the in-gamr player introductions that Sam Darnold is the 25th best QB out of 35 based on some magical formula. whatever.
    Chris Collinsworth

Thumbs up!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Only hole I found is that you discount DK Metcalf being a rookie
    Also you forgot that monster truck Will Dissley, likely because he got injured half way through the season

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    Which ‘others’ are you referring to?

For criticism to be valid you first need a correct understanding of the subject of your criticism.

You gotta put in your own work.

Blog Entries

Also you forgot that monster truck Will Dissley, likely because he got injured half way through the season
    But none of these things matter. PFF made the MVP decision based on political reasons instead of factual. For whatever reason Wilson was "supposed to be" the MVP this year (maybe creating the next Brady/Manning/Brees - legend/mythology) and they are not fucking moving off their choice.

But none of these things matter. PFF made the MVP decision based on political reasons instead of factual. For whatever reason Wilson was "supposed to be" the MVP this year (maybe creating the next Brady/Manning/Brees - legend/mythology) and they are not fucking moving off their choice.
    I don't think that's it. Their mistake was having too much faith in their own system. Our O line etc graded really highly in PFF so they looked at it like Lamar had more help than Wilson (To be fair, that's probably true.) What their system didn't take into account was the way Lamar helped all those players look better and therefore grade higher.

I think our offence, Tenessee, San Fran etc with their focus on running have fucked up all those analytics people a bit. They all still pay too much attention to yards and not enough to efficiency so they tend to undervalue all running offenses.

I'm not really complaining though. This time last year the notion that Lamar might, at worst, be slightly behind Wilson, in a few people's eyes, as the league's MVP would have been a dream scenario.

PFF still got it wrong though.