Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 O's

Re: 2020 O's

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    It is early in a strange season I know but Dylan Bundy with the Angels leads the AL in wins, top 5 in ERA, top 5 in strikeouts and leads the AL with 4 quality starts. Smh

Will he be another Arietta?

I like the team the O's have. Only mention this because I liked Dylan a lot
    I was a huge Bundy guy. Any idea what his velocity has been here in the past few games? He really lost it in Baltimore. Something has to give on why pitchers thrive elsewhere and fail here. Bundy and JA both came to the organization with really good arms. Gausman too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I was a huge Bundy guy. Any idea what his velocity has been here in the past few games? He really lost it in Baltimore. Something has to give on why pitchers thrive elsewhere and fail here. Bundy and JA both came to the organization with really good arms. Gausman too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bas...ace/%3famphtml

Here is a really good article that talks about Bundy reinventing himself this season.

In short, his velocity is still down and he's no longer a power pitcher but he has improved his command and uses offspeed pitches more. He's also leading the league in innings pitched.

What I didn't realize and find interesting is that Joe Maddon is the Angels manager and was also the Cubs manager when Arietta won his cy young.

Middle of August - O's 2nd in the AL East 2 games out - with a WINNING record.

If they stay free of injuries, they can make the playoffs anyway.The league has had enough time to figure these kids out, but it has't done it yet. I think most of them are for real.

Bring up Mountcastle and release Davis. You mite need to try people like Kremer as SP

Santander may be the best rule 5 pick of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    Santander may be the best rule 5 pick of all time.
    Voted MVO despite missing last 3rd of the season.

25-35 was better than expected.