Page 1 of 20 123 ... LastLast

Decosta's Moves for 2020 Offseason

Based on what you saw today and this season, what moves do you see DeCosta making this offseason? First round pick pass rush?

Re: Decosta's Moves for 2020 Offseason

Is there any way to get out of the Earl Thomas contract or nah?

Re: Decosta's Moves for 2020 Offseason

Need at least 2 legit receivers.

Blog Entries

Off-Season Must Do’s

Ravens have a lot going for them and there is a lot to build on.

What do they need to get to that “next level”?

IMO, there are 2 primary areas they must focus on this off-season.

The first is receiver. Some may disagree, but the Titans exposed the Ravens in a bad way today because the Ravens couldn’t run, got behind, and then had to throw the ball A LOT. I like Hollywood, but he’s not a premier guy. He’s not going to consistently be someone Lamar can rely on to get open and make plays. Boykin had less than 200 yards receiving on the year and was effectively the #2 starting WR this year. Snead is a decent slot guy, but again, he’s not a premier guy.

The Ravens need an AJ Brown, Juju Smith-Schuster, etc.

I’d really be looking at Robby Anderson this off-season. AJ Green might also be a possibility.

In the draft, depending on how it shakes out, Tee Higgins is definitely someone to consider.

The second is their front 7 on defense. I like Judon and I think Ferguson has shown some flashes, but they desperately need better pass rushers. The Niners and Titans show what you can do when you have elite DL play. Wormley, Pierce, BWill...these guys are ok, but they’re not game changers.

I also think ILB needs a major upgrade. Fort and Bynes are decent. Peanut is an excellent interior rusher, but he gets lost in coverage and isn’t great against the run.

I really like Chris Jones, but would be surprised if KC let’s him go. Some other interesting guys could be Arik Armstead, Markus Golden, Dante Fowler, Yannick Ngakoue, and Shaq Lawson.

Not a lot of interior DL guys that interest me in free agency.

Raekwon Davis could be a good fit in the draft. He’s a long 5-tech DT (6’7” 310lbs).

As far as ILB is concerned, I really like Ken Murray in the draft. Obviously Isaiah Simmons would be a nice get as well, but he’s probably a top-15 pick. There really isn’t anyone in FA that excites me other than Joe Schobert. If the Browns let him go, Baltimore should be all over him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Off-Season Must Do’s

Kenneth Murray JR!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Kenneth Murray JR!!
    He’d be a real nice get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Another great thread I was just about to start myself.

What next?

I'm thinking a WR too. I agree Marquise is too tiny to be a number one.

Blog Entries

Great summary wicked. Agree 100%.

Set at TE need some WR and some game wreckers in the front 7

I’m surprised Hollywood is being talked about like this. I thought he was our absolute best pass catcher today by a mile.

On O:
    - WR, you summed it up
    - OT depth, probably fine at IOL, depending on Yanda
    That's it IMO

On D (in order)
    - ILB - it's my #1. I think we really need a sideline-to-sidline game breaker.
    - IDL - When we think pass rush we think EDGE, but interior pass rush is just as helpful. I think I'd start there.
    - EDGE - Will still need to address outside
    - sCB - We're good withoutside corners, but we have no one to be i nthe slot and we forced Hump to do a lot of that.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I’m surprised Hollywood is being talked about like this. I thought he was our absolute best pass catcher today by a mile.
    Yeah. He is. That’s the point. He’s going to be good be he’s never going to take over a game. We need an AJ Green or someone of that leverl

Marquise Brown needs to start lifting some weights. Start tomorrow. Start now.