Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Bowl

Re: Pro Bowl

I always watch it but am more excited this year with 12 Ravens in it plus our coaching staff.

I am also looking forward to the skills challenge tonight with Lamar and Andrews in it.

Yes, haven’t had a Ravens Qb in the pro bowl since I’ve been a fan. It should be fun

Blog Entries

With all those Ravens in it, I'll definitely watch. Good excuse to eat some junk food and drink some beer.

Jesus could be playing in that fiasco and I wouldn't watch

Anyone watching this Pro Bowl Skills Showdown? Lamar and Andrews just helped the AFC win the best hands round

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    yeah those cats are having a blast. Tucker nails a 70 yarder with Ingram holding. Lamar with a 50 yard pass right on target. He's a little star struck too

https://twitter.com/i/status/1220442554031910912
    Not bad for a running back

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Nope. Don't think I've ever watched one

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    I'll be watching Old Scott Hall matches and nWo promos.

'The following announcement, has been paid for by the new world order'.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I can't remember the last time I saw a Pro Bowl but I've also not seen this many Ravens in one either. I think it depends on what else is going on. My 9 year old is all pumped up for the Royal Rumble that night. That would be a long day sitting through both
    Well, if Daniel Bryan can't get a good match out of Wyatt, nobody can. I think fans somewhere are still booing him and Rollins.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I'm watching due to Ravens presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They should consider a consolation game, although I know they won't
    IIRC back in the day they had a 'playoff bowl' for the runners-up
    *made for tv!*
    apparently the teams didn't like it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playoff_Bowl

After the 1959 season, NFL owners faced competition from the newly formed American Football League and wanted a vehicle through which to showcase more of its supposedly superior NFL professional football product on television. At the time, unlike the AFL, which had a contract with ABC-TV for nationally televised games, often double-headers, few NFL games were televised nationally during the season and there was only one scheduled post-season game, the NFL Championship Game. The Playoff Bowl was devised to match the second-place teams from the NFL's two conferences (Eastern and Western). This doubled from two to four the number of top NFL teams appearing in post-season play on national television.
    Last edited by sailorsam; 01-24-2020 at 10:01 AM. Reason: add useful content
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Pro Bowl

I've never cared one lick about the Pro Bowl.

I've never had a QB on my team that made it to the Pro Bowl that I love watching play so much.

I'm going to watch it or DVR it.

Most likely no. Only thing I care about really is that they all get through this week with no injury problems.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

I've not watched the Pro Bowl in many years, probably since I first started getting into football and before I realized it was a total waste of time to watch. It's cool that there are so many Ravens there and the staff is there, but that's likely not going to get me to watch. MAYBE I will tune in for the beginning while Lamar plays, but honestly probably not.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52