Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Trump to become first president in history

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    This is Trumps way of “not being a politician “. Trump is a lot of things. Dumb isn’t one of them.

This helps his campaign. It helps with women’s votes. It helps with the religious right vote. And it pisses off his haters. Hell it prob pisses off libertaians who don’t think religion has a place in politics.

Strategic. Smart move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You may be on to something

This is Trumps way of “not being a politician “. Trump is a lot of things. Dumb isn’t one of them.

This helps his campaign. It helps with women’s votes. It helps with the religious right vote. And it pisses off his haters. Hell it prob pisses off libertaians who don’t think religion has a place in politics.

Strategic. Smart move.

Not sure how it benefits him to “piss of libertarians” who are likely so enamored with his fiscal policy that he already has all those votes... why try and fuck that up?

On the other hand, libertarians don’t have a single stance on this issue anyway, as it truly is a complex issue. For an issue with two completely fervent and passionate sides that have no chance of ever compromising, I somehow find myself almost exactly in the middle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Not sure how it benefits him to “piss of libertarians” who are likely so enamored with his fiscal policy that he already has all those votes... why try and fuck that up?

On the other hand, libertarians don’t have a single stance on this issue anyway, as it truly is a complex issue. For an issue with two completely fervent and passionate sides that have no chance of ever compromising, I somehow find myself almost exactly in the middle.

When you say exactly in the middle on this issue, how do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    When you say exactly in the middle on this issue, how do you mean?
    I can see and understand both sides of the issue quite clearly, am not nearly as fervent as either end of the spectrum, so I mostly now out and let the louder voices prevail.

It is clearly more than a clump of cells and a parasite to me, so calling it women’s health, or another intellectually dishonest euphemism grinds my gears, and anything remotely close to late term should be criminal. It is not birth control, but, certain circumstances...

I think about abortion 0 times a day and really don't have an opinion strong enough to want to argue with or be argued at by anyone.

Back to the movie thread for me.

I can see and understand both sides of the issue quite clearly, am not nearly as fervent as either end of the spectrum, so I mostly now out and let the louder voices prevail.

It is clearly more than a clump of cells and a parasite to me, so calling it women’s health, or another intellectually dishonest euphemism grinds my gears, and anything remotely close to late term should be criminal. It is not birth control, but, certain circumstances...
    That’s not the middle.

The certain circumstances line I assume applies to rape?

Blog Entries

Yeah, women's health, reproductive rights yada yada yada is all BS.

Agreed. But....it did get you to respond. See what I did there. Lol.

We’ve had this argument to exhaustion down here. Best to tread lightly and move on!

Blog Entries

Agreed. But....it did get you to respond. See what I did there. Lol.

We’ve had this argument to exhaustion down her
    e. Best to tread lightly and move on!

That we have! And I'm not too interested in having it again.

It's beyond frustrating to see folks be against it in some cases but not use the logic of those instances in all cases. Not pointing any fingers or anything.

I think all the guys here propping up their own morality should try to imagine how they would feel if after shagging some marginally attractive women after a bar hookup if they ended up with this thing she implanted in their ball sack that they would have to bring to term and birth out the head of their dick, AND THEY HAD NO CHOICE IN THE MATTER ONCE THAT THING WAS IN THERE, if that might shade their opinion on this issue. This is a girl you are not marrying and don't even really want your roommates to see. You want her to have more say over it than you? That's all I have to say about this. It's never been an issue in my life and not one I really think about much but I tend to think someone with a vaginas opinion should maybe count more than mine.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 01-24-2020 at 11:05 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I think all the guys here propping up their own morality should try to imagine how they would feel if after shagging some marginally attractive women after a bar hookup if they ended up with this thing she implanted in their ball sack that they would have to bring to term and birth out the head of their dick, AND THEY HAD NO CHOICE IN THE MATTER ONCE THAT THING WAS IN THERE, if that might shade their opinion on this issue. This is a girl you are not marrying and don't even really want your roommates to see. You want her to have more say over it than you? That's all I have to say about this. It's never been an issue in my life and not one I really think about much but I tend to think someone with a vaginas opinion should maybe count more than mine.
    Where has anyone propped up their morality?

And all the other stuff you posted doesn't change that it still ends an innocent life.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That we have! And I'm not too interested in having it again.

It's beyond frustrating to see folks be against it in some cases but not use the logic of those instances in all cases. Not pointing any fingers or anything.