Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2020 NFL Draft - ILB Thread

Numbers updated to include Jordyn Brooks and pass rush grade

Murray---------------------------------------Queen---------Bachie-----------Harrison...….J.Brooks
    59.8 - RUN-DEFENSE GRADE..................64.7...….……….79.1...……..……...87.1......………...91.5
    80.6 - COVERAGE GRADE.......................82.0..…….….….74.0...……………...77.1...…………….57.9
    68.6 - TACKLING GRADE........................65.4...…………..67.7..………………..63.5...…………...78.6
    11.4% MISSED TACKLE %.....................13.7%...……….12.8%....…………..12.1%...………….9.4%
    62.8 - PASS RUSH GRDE...……………………...68.2...…………..65.7...………………..65.7...……………75.6

Quote Originally Posted by PFF
    Brooks has been a starter for the Red Raiders since day one of his true freshman campaign in 2016 and has improved in every season from a PFF grading perspective. He closed out his final collegiate season in 2019 as one of the five highest-graded offball linebackers in the FBS and the second highest among those that are draft-eligible. When defending against the run, Brooks was at his best when against the run as he had an elite 91.5 rundefense grade and tied for the second most tackles for loss with 21. Brooks polished up his play as a blitzer too –he rushed the passer 117 times and came away with 44 total pressures
    Last edited by edromeo; 04-01-2020 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Numbers updated to include Jordyn Brooks and pass rush grade

Murray---------------------------------------Queen---------Bachie-----------Hamilton...….J.Brooks
    59.8 - RUN-DEFENSE GRADE..................64.7...….……….79.1...……..……...87.1......………...91.5
    80.6 - COVERAGE GRADE.......................82.0..…….….….74.0...……………...77.1...…………….57.9
    68.6 - TACKLING GRADE........................65.4...…………..67.7..………………..63.5...…………...78.6
    11.4% MISSED TACKLE %.....................13.7%...……….12.8%....…………..12.1%...………….9.4%
    62.8 - PASS RUSH GRDE...……………………...68.2...…………..65.7...………………..65.7...……………75.6
    Is "Hamilton" (3rd column) Malik Harrison?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Is "Hamilton" (3rd column) Malik Harrison?
    Yep, will edit, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    As far as where he gets drafted I wouldn't expect it to be before the 3rd round....but other then that we see a very different prospect.

I am curious which game/s you watched to form such a negative opinion of his play?

I'm asking to get some discussion/conversation going about the prospects that moves beyond general impressions and delves into film so we can show each other what we see on film.

Which tape/s did you watch, i'm curios because I didn't get a negative opinion from the tape I watched and posted earlier.
    We can discuss the tape from the Oklahoma game if you want. What other games would you suggest looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    After watching a ton.of clips I'm really not that high on Queen or Murray. I think Malik Harrison would be a much better fit for the Ravens.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
    I like Queen, but would prefer Dye to avoid using a 1st on an ILB. Dye isn't elite, but should be very good in the NFL and can play Mike. Murray shouldn't play Mike at all and Queen can play mike and Will.

Dye seems a lot like Peanut, great athleticism and aggressive mentality, potential to be an excellent see-ball-get-ball playmaker in a complementary role, but would really struggle if asked to be anything more thanks to his lack of instincts and feel for the position. There’s value in that type of player but I don’t really think it’s what we need right now.

Come away with Malik Harrison and David Woodward/Joe Bachie Jr and they;'re laughing.

They'll be missing a coverage element, but dime is our strength. They'll survive.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Come away with Malik Harrison and David Woodward/Joe Bachie Jr and they;'re laughing.

They'll be missing a coverage element, but dime is our strength. They'll survive.
    Bachie is a guy I'm hoping the Ravens can nab late, like Rd 5, maybe as the second of two ILBs drafted. I think he's a potential value pick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Bachie is a guy I'm hoping the Ravens can nab late, like Rd 5, maybe as the second of two ILBs drafted. I think he's a potential value pick.
    Teams like the Ravens and Seahawks can often get guys around that range to sign as UDFA. I wouldn't be surprised if they went that route with some late round prospects.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    We can discuss the tape from the Oklahoma game if you want. What other games would you suggest looking at?
    I'm interested in seeing whatever game/s it was that caused you and bandc to have such a negative opinion of him. Your guys opinion is counter to what I've read and the stats and the little I've watched....but I am open to film that is counter narrative.

The game I posted vs Miss St is good (its short). But I read that Ok. St. was his best game.

Can we get a little discussion going on Willie Gay? Seems to be a huge variance of opinions on the twitter streets.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BirdfaninNebraska View Post
    Can we get a little discussion going on Willie Gay? Seems to be a huge variance of opinions on the twitter streets.
    Lets....I like the kid. I try to avoid off the field stuff that I have no vantage point to assess BUT for Gay his interviews will be very important. I don't care too much or at all really about what he did. Its not like he's Joe Mixon. But I want to know how dedicated he is to football and want to challenge his football IQ. If he shows he wants it and is smart then I love the kid. I watched a couple of his game a couple of weeks ago and will gladly post film to discuss