Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2020 NFL Draft - ILB Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    ??? Harrison is a better value than Murray.....Queen is the best prospect
    ????

I like Malik Harrison in the 2nd better than Queen in the 1st. (I can't shake the feeling that Murray needs a runway to be effective, and have backed away from him). Harrison is a real thumper whose excellent 3-cone score suggests he may have some upside in pass coverage (his purported weakness) with coaching and experience, especially in zone duties. Wink plays so much nickel and dime, and with Marlon, Tavon and Chuck Clark on hand, Harrison would have some savvy friends helping out in the middle of the field.

I trust whichever way EDC goes with the ILB issue.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    I'm looking for a Mike that can take on blockers and stuff the RB on a fourth and one or goal line situation. I totally agree that Queen and Murray would be superior in coverage but due to their size especially in Queens case think they would be more of a liability vs the run.
    Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I’ve seen Queen bow his back stack and shed.*Queen actually has well known game where makes the exact play you mention. I’ll post it later....
    The play/s I was thinking of happened in the goalline stand vs Texas but it wasn't quite what I remembered....but anyhow here is what I was talking about:

The play/s I was thinking of happened in the goalline stand vs Texas but it wasn't quite what I remembered....but anyhow here is what I was talking about:

As indicated in the mock draft, I've got no issues with Queen in Rd 1. I think coming to the combine at 229 instead of 215 and still putting up good SPARQ numbers indicates he won't be too small for the NFL. I believe it's easier to get someone like him to round out his game, than an ILB who can't cover to cover.

Good to see. Just hope his size isn't too much of a detriment at the next level. If they could draft Harrison and Queen they'd be set at ILB for years to come.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Despite our need at ILB, I'm not convinced we would take eitherMurray or Queen if both are available at 28. I would prefer Queen over Murray because of his instincts and cover skills but I think it's possible we pass on both at 28.

Most important trait to have as an ILB is instincts you can have all the speed in the world but take just one false step and all that speed is negated, not sure which of the LBs have the best instincts in this years draft?

Blog Entries

JORDYN BROOKS

6’0”
    HEIGHT
    240 lbs

1.53s (98th PCTL)
    1 0 - YARD SPLIT
    N/A
    2 0 - YARD SHUTTLE
    4.54s (94th PCTL)
    4 0 - YARD DASH
    N/A
    THREE - CONE DRILL
    N/A
    VERTICAL JUMP
    N/A
    BROAD JUMP
    N/A

91.5 - RUN DEFENSE GRADE
    57.9 - COVERAGE GRADE
    78.6 - TACKLING GRADE
    9.4% - MISSED TACKLE

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed bird View Post
    Most important trait to have as an ILB is instincts you can have all the speed in the world but take just one false step and all that speed is negated, not sure which of the LBs have the best instincts in this years draft?
    Still think it's Malik Harrison. He also has the size to take on and shed blockers consistently.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Great thread! Great observations & commentary. Given the uncertainty, seems we've answered our question. Look elsewhere in Round 1.
    Last edited by ravensromp; 03-30-2020 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensromp View Post
    Great thread! Great observations & commentary. Given the uncertainty, seems we've answered our question. Look elsewhere in Round 1.
    All depends on how the board shakes out double-R. Like someone said the group from 15-50 you could almost throw into a hat and pick from it randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Still think it's Malik Harrison. He also has the size to take on and shed blockers consistently.
    I think part of Harrison's problem (and I do like him as a fit for the Ravens) is that he has a tendency to overrun plays at times.