Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: 2020 NFL Draft - ILB Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I like quite a few of these guys in the mid-rounds, especially given that we use some of our guys in the dime that can mask 3-down abilities. Levine, Elliott (if he can finally stya healthy) can help out there
    I actually like what Logan Wilson (Wyoming) could bring to the table for the Ravens. Not as a centerpiece, but certainly as a piece of the puzzle - he brings experience and saavy. I also think Wink could get really creative with a guy like Antoine Brooks (Maryland). He's not really a linebacker and not really a safety. Picking him up in the mid-rounds would also bolster special teams, because he looks like an vicious mofo.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I see it too...I wonder if it's a matter of him just being a chase/dip around blocks guy or if he can be taught technique to take blockers on.

Where is Patrick Queen looking like he's going to be drafted at? I want to look at some of his film, Daniel Jeremiah loves him.

It's not really a good draft for ILB's to be honest.
    The lack of ability to shed blocks and/or read and react coming out of college does not bode well when projecting NFL success. See A.Brown and Correa. No more high draft picks on LBs with low football IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I actually like what Logan Wilson (Wyoming) could bring to the table for the Ravens. Not as a centerpiece, but certainly as a piece of the puzzle - he brings experience and saavy. I also think Wink could get really creative with a guy like Antoine Brooks (Maryland). He's not really a linebacker and not really a safety. Picking him up in the mid-rounds would also bolster special teams, because he looks like an vicious mofo.
    I like Brooke, I like K'Von Wallace too. They remind me of Chuck Clark type guys that can be a dime safety, maybe play some slot corner. Smart, tactical safeties.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Wilson is this year’s Joe Schobert

Quarterman is a straight up, nasty, enforcer.
    Hit like a Raven.

Can’t cover for shee-it, but thumps.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    Quarterman is a straight up, nasty, enforcer.
    Hit like a Raven.

Can’t cover for shee-it, but thumps.
    That's also Alaka, nor sure we need to double up on a pure thumper that offers little else ro be honest. And I like the guy.

After watching a ton.of clips I'm really not that high on Queen or Murray. I think Malik Harrison would be a much better fit for the Ravens.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    After watching a ton.of clips I'm really not that high on Queen or Murray. I think Malik Harrison would be a much better fit for the Ravens.
    What did you see?

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    What did you see?
    The lack of instincts and getting lost on plays. Inability to shake off blockers and general lack of effective aggressiveness. Malik Harrison sees the ball carrier and attacks. The others not so much.

Blog Entries

The lack of instincts and getting lost on plays. Inability to shake off blockers and general lack of effective aggressiveness. Malik Harrison sees the ball carrier and attacks. The others not so much.
    Does this happen in most games or are there certain games that stand out in your mind that illustrate your view?

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Does this happen in most games or are there certain games that stand out in your mind that illustrate your view?
    In all honesty I dont watch much college football other than the bowl games. My opinion is based off the compilation clips that I've been able to watch and the draft material I've read.I remember watching Ray Lewis at Miami and it seemed like every play he was around the ball just very instinctive. Queen and Murray both seem like terrific athletes, just not great football players.

Blog Entries

In all honesty I dont watch much college football other than the bowl games. My opinion is based off the compilation clips that I've been able to watch. I remember watching Ray Lewis at Miami and it seemed like every play he was around the ball just very instinctive. Queen and Murray both seem like terrific athletes, just not great football players.

So this is more of a general impression then say a film breakdown? No worries, just trying to see where people are coming from. I can't say that I share your negative opinion of Murray and Queen but I do like Harrison as a prospect.

I think Harrison is a better 'take on' guy. If you want someone to same foot - same shoulder square up and take on blockers I would pick him. But, from a speed, burst, movement / fluidity stand point I think Queen and Murray are on a different level. Stylistically I think they're different types of players. Projecting in terms of coverage in the NFL Queen and Murray seem more likely then Harrison to fill the bill there. I'm of the ilk that believes the coverage ability is very important.
    Last edited by edromeo; 03-28-2020 at 04:42 PM. Reason: finished thought