Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2020 NFL Draft - ILB Thread

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Numbers updated to include Jordyn Brooks and pass rush grade

Murray---------------------------------------Queen---------Bachie-----------Harrison...….J.Brooks
    59.8 - RUN-DEFENSE GRADE..................64.7...….……….79.1...……..……...87.1......………...91.5
    80.6 - COVERAGE GRADE.......................82.0..…….….….74.0...……………...77.1...…………….57.9
    68.6 - TACKLING GRADE........................65.4...…………..67.7..………………..63.5...…………...78.6
    11.4% MISSED TACKLE %.....................13.7%...……….12.8%....…………..12.1%...………….9.4%
    62.8 - PASS RUSH GRDE...……………………...68.2...…………..65.7...………………..65.7...……………75.6
    ILB Numbers from PFF
    Player RUN-DEFENSE GRADE COVERAGE GRADE TACKLING GRADE MISSED TACKLE % PASS RUSH GRADE
    K. Murray 59.8 80.6 68.6 11.4 62.8
    P. Queen 64.7 82 65.4 13.7 68.2
    J.Bachie 79.1 74 67.7 12.8 65.7
    M.Harrison 87 77 63.5 12.1 65.7
    J.Brooks 91.5 57.9 78.6 9.4 75.6

I'm interested in seeing whatever game/s it was that caused you and bandc to have such a negative opinion of him. Your guys opinion is counter to what I've read and the stats and the little I've watched....but I am open to film that is counter narrative.

The game I posted vs Miss St is good (its short). But I read that Ok. St. was his best game.
    It was the Oklahoma game that I didn’t like but it was the only one I really watched. Looking at the grades you posted though I should probably watch more of him. I’ll watch Miss st and ok state today.

IMO, no 2 down ILBs before Round 4.

ILB Numbers from PFF
    Player RUN-DEFENSE GRADE COVERAGE GRADE TACKLING GRADE MISSED TACKLE % PASS RUSH GRADE
    K. Murray 59.8 80.6 68.6 11.4 62.8
    P. Queen 64.7 82 65.4 13.7 68.2
    J.Bachie 79.1 74 67.7 12.8 65.7
    M.Harrison 87 77 63.5 12.1 65.7
    J.Brooks 91.5 57.9 78.6 9.4 75.6
    Based on those numbers it seems like it's coverage alone that makes Murray and Queen 'first rounders'.

We'd probably get similar coverage (and maybe all round play) from a late round safety and given how few plays we run with two iLBs, I don't see how either would make much sense for us in the first 2 rounds (unless there was some crazy, unexpected run on linebackers or something).

5. Re: 2020 NFL Draft - ILB Thread

I’ve just listened to Kennon the most recent ravens pod. Reinforced how I’ve felt. Don’t like the value of Murray and Queen or really any linebacker early. I’d take Queen in a pinch but I’d be happier I think with a day 3 young thumper that is disciplined, shows proper instincts in gaps and angles and just plays the Run great between the tackles. Just ride this year with sub packages for pass D from the inside backer.

La Confora just interviewed former Bears/Eagles executive Bobby Depaul (who knows Harbs through Philly) on the radio. He offered ten ILBs that he likes this year.

Overall, he calls the position "thin" and thinks there may be an early run on them because of that thinness.

GROUP A - Studs
    Isaiah Simmons
    Kenneth Murray - wrote in a vote for him for the Butkus Award

GROUP B - 3 Down ILB
    Patrick Queen - loves the Oklahoma tape, compares him to Lance Briggs
    Logan Wilson - compares him to CJ Mosley
    Jordyn Brooks - warns of possible surgery on shoulder, trying to confirm

GROUP C - EDGE players that can play some ILB
    Zack Baun
    Josh Uche
    Cam Brown

GROUP D - sleeper LB/S types, nickel or slot LBs
    Davian Taylor - from Colorado
    Khaleke Hudson - from Michigan

One name conspicuously missing from his list: Malik Harrison.

I'm pretty interested in Logan Wilson, who hasn't really come up here very often (at least not that I've noticed)

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I'm pretty interested in Logan Wilson, who hasn't really come up here very often (at least not that I've noticed)
    He’s better than I expected. Seems like a tackling machine and he’s pretty good in space. Wouldn’t mind him in the 4th or 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    He’s better than I expected. Seems like a tackling machine and he’s pretty good in space. Wouldn’t mind him in the 4th or 5th.
    4th or 5th would be ideal, but he'll go on day 2. The difference between him and Murray and Queen is that 1) they are a lot faster, and I mean a lot as in they go sideline to sideline while Wilson is basically in the box, 2) Logan makes up for the lack of speed by anticipating the play better than those two and you have to wonder if that will translate from the MWC to the obviously much faster NFL, This basically comes from 3) Wilson was a multiyear starter (same with Harrison, Weaver and several of these ILBs) so his ceiling is much lower than the other two. He knows the position. With him what you see physically and mentally is about the best he will ever be while with Queen and Murray they are obviously still developing. Maybe they will never develop- that's the risk with those two but the signs from college point to the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I have also been interested for a while. I think he's underrated in a lot of circles - I guess that's what happens when you play in Wyoming. I've mentioned this in a couple of posts, but I think he might be a nice piece for the Ravens. I liked a lot of what I've seen on tape. Smart and good anticipation.

I'm a lot higher on Dye than most here. I think he's just a hair behind Harrison as the 4th best ILB prospect in this draft. He's a bit undersized. Otherwise. I love his game.

I saw the comparison to Onwuasor made earlier. I see some similarities, but Dye is much stronger in pass coverage.

Dude also played the 2nd half of 2019 with a torn meniscus. I'll take him on my team any day.

I like DYe a lot too. Better processor in the pass game than Peanut IMO.

Woodward is probably my favourite WILL guy. I'm not sure how he'll develop as a pass cover player, but he's literally always around the ball. It's insane
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB