Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: The Next Step of the Offense

I'm pretty sure that's why they brought Culley in though. He is the passing game coordinator, and yes that does matter.

We all know Marty was using Roman's run scheme last year. It's a very similar setup.

So I actually think Harbaugh did the smart thing to address the weakness Roman has shown. You have seen shades of Culley's experience under Reid in this passing game.

Again, the question is can it evolve moving forward.

And to be clear, you catch heat because you write in conclusions. You'll call that BS, but it's the truth. That's why I frequently call you on your BS.
    ďItís not whether you get knocked down; itís whether you get up.Ē
    Ė Vince Lombardi

http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR

If you want to say that the players don't have enough experience playing from behind huge deficits that's fine. I don't understand how the offense would be unprepared to play from behind because they don't pass enough every game. They have reps in practice how would they be unprepared?

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    If you want to say that the players don't have enough experience playing from behind huge deficits that's fine. I don't understand how the offense would be unprepared to play from behind because they don't pass enough every game. They have reps in practice how would they be unprepared?
    Game experience is XX times more difficult in all facets, both mentally and physically, than any practice rep.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yogidriver View Post
    Game experience is XX times more difficult in all facets, both mentally and physically, than any practice rep.
    A good question to ask would be whether or not we believe the Chiefs passing offense would be as it is if they didnít pass nearly as much during the regular season? Some would feel that it would still be deadly come playoff time. Some would feel that itís deadly, partly due to them repping it out in game situations, game after game after game. Thereís also a mental aspect to it. KC isnít gonna sweat falling behind and having to throw their way back, because they do it game in and game out. Another offense that doesnít throw but 25-30 times a game and only off of the run setting the tone, suddenly having to do it with 45-50 attempts and without the run setting the tone. Thatís a tough spot. Iím not saying unequivocally thatís the sole reason for the issues. Iím just trying to put thoughts out there that help some understand why itís tricky to look at volume as just volume. Volume does have its purposes and reasons.