Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Impeachment notes & tidbits

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Comey was a huge problem within the FBI. Massive ego. Always had to be right.

He definitely impacted Clinton's campaign with mishandling the email server investigation. He made it about him. I think that was his goal.

Re Carter Page - I am not misrepresenting anything. Was Carter Page associated with Trump's campaign? Yes. He was. Also, you only noting Carter Page in this clearly says to me that you have absolutely zero understanding about how FISA surveillance works in the IC and DOJ.

Did senior members of the FBI and IC leverage false and misleading information to initiate FISA warrant applications? Yes. They did.

Did senior members of the FBI, IC, and DOJ manipulate information they used in FISA warrant applications? Yes. They did.

Everything in Horrowitz's IG report says so.
    Comey was a problem with the FBI. So was Mueller when he was running it. Both are avatars of institutional corruption. Comey wasn't making it about him, however. You've massively misread him and his motivations.

The rest of your post is false. Page wasn't associated with the Trump campaign when the FISA warrant was issued. He had left the campaign the month before. He didn't rejoin the campaign. He was not in contact with the campaign. Page didn't leave the campaign of his own accord: he was forced to resign by the campaign after his contacts with Russians became public knowledge.

The OIG report doesn't say what you claim it did. At all. Read the report yourself instead of relying on whoever you're relying on. Is it Bongino? He's been insane about all of this for a while, and extremely dishonest.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    When you use FISA to monitor someone's email, phone, etc; you have the ability to walk back those communication records several months and you are also able to look at who the person has been communicating with and who they've communicated with. So, in reality, using FISA against one person can really be (at a minimum) leveraged against 3 people. Then, if PC is found against one of those other people, it's not a huge deal to amend the original FISA application to include new people.
    I've seen this talking point before. It misunderstands the retroactivity of FISA warrants. There's zero evidence- and none mentioned in the OIG report- that the FBI was looking into Page's contacts with the campaign from before the FISA warrant and the FBI never sought to expand the scope of the warrant or get warrants on other people based on the Page warrant.

There were problems with the Page warrant. Problems that are likely common with all FISA warrants and warrants in general. There are insufficient safeguards against abuse of the power and not enough accountability. It's somewhat amusing to see so many "law and order" people suddenly sound like civil libertarians, however.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Comey was a problem with the FBI. So was Mueller when he was running it. Both are avatars of institutional corruption. Comey wasn't making it about him, however. You've massively misread him and his motivations.

The rest of your post is false. Page wasn't associated with the Trump campaign when the FISA warrant was issued. He had left the campaign the month before. He didn't rejoin the campaign. He was not in contact with the campaign. Page didn't leave the campaign of his own accord: he was forced to resign by the campaign after his contacts with Russians became public knowledge.

The OIG report doesn't say what you claim it did. At all. Read the report yourself instead of relying on whoever you're relying on. Is it Bongino? He's been insane about all of this for a while, and extremely dishonest.
    Serious question.

If Page wasn’t with the campaign why was he being looked into for what Trumps campaign was doing/did with Russia?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Serious question.

If Page wasn’t with the campaign why was he being looked into for what Trumps campaign was doing/did with Russia?
    Even as late as the Page warrant the FBI didn't think the Trump campaign was doing anything with the Russians. They thought Russia was attempting to influence or even infiltrate the Trump campaign. Priestap's reason for not briefing Trump or the campaign on the investigation was concern someone in the campaign was a Russian mole and he didn't want to tip them off, but the FBI wasn't suspecting the Trump campaign of any wrongdoing.

If anything, the FBI went overboard to avoid looking at the campaign, and that despite over a hundred contacts between several campaign officials and surrogates with Russian operatives.

Given Page's past, the FBI suspected him of perhaps being part of Russia's attempt to infiltrate and influence the Trump campaign. Since he was out of the campaign, they could look at him without spying on the campaign. See Deep State by James Stewart.

The FBI did not attempt to alter an election. Parts of it did. The New York Field Office, for example, had at least some anti-Clinton agents who had been leaking information (some of it false) to Giuliani and the rightwing press.

Have you read the DOJ OIG report on the Midyear Exam?

For that matter, did you read the DOJ OIG report on Crossfire Hurricane? Because both of those reports thoroughly debunk the Trumpist conspiracy theory that the FBI was out to get him.
    Did you read the emails between Strzok and Page? Pretty obvious that the FBI was doing what it could to hurt Trump one way or another. Or are those emails just right-wing propaganda?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Did you read the emails between Strzok and Page? Pretty obvious that the FBI was doing what it could to hurt Trump one way or another. Or are those emails just right-wing propaganda?
    I read their texts, at least those select few Rosenstein authorized to release. We still haven't seen them all. I also read their testimony before the House. It's not obvious the FBI was trying to effect the election. Quite the opposite. Have you read the DOJ OIG reports?

Blog Entries

Page 5 of the "transcript" Zelensky lays out what he understands the quid pro quo to be:

I will talk to them and I hope to see them again in the future. I also wanted to thank you for your invitation to visit the United States, specifically Washington DC. On the other hand, I also wanted to ensure you that we will. be very serious about the case and will work on the investigation.
    Volker text before the call:

[7/25/19, 8:36:45 AM] Kurt Volker: Good lunch - thanks. Heard from White House—assuming President Z convinces trump he will investigate / “get to the bottom of what happened” in 2016, we will nail down date for visit to Washington. Good luck! See you tomorrow- kurt

There's nothing wrong with our government having an anti-corruption policy towards Ukraine.
    So why are thy using it as an excuse to impeach trump?

Meanwhile, Comey did fuck with Clinton's campaign when he sent a letter to Congress telling them Midyear Exam was re-opened 11 days before the election. 538 found that impacted the election. The DOJ OIG report faulted Comey for that, noting it violated FBI policy and practice. Do you want to argue Comey was trying to throw the election to Trump? Or are you going to take his word on why he did it?
    That seems like a fire-able offense. And funny enough trump fired comey. And what did he get for that, the mueller investigation

Page 5 of the "transcript" Zelensky lays out what he understands the quid pro quo to be:

Volker text before the call:
    So how does get to the bottom of what happened in 2016 become dig up dirt on Biden to help my 2020 election?????
    Isn’t that exactly having an anti corruption policy with Ukraine? Which you’ve said is fine.

Shiff:
    You’ve also testified that your clear understanding that the military assistance being withheld pending Zelinsky announcing these investigations
    Sondland:
    That was my personal presumption.

Schiff later on MSNBC:
    As noted from his testimony, Ambassador Sondland had a clear understanding what his orders were.
    Schiff is lying here and isn't given any pushback from anyone on MSNBC to correct his remarks. The audience watching this have no clue that Schiff is intentionally misrepresenting what Sondland said.

So...what happens is you have people who believe it and then parrot the lie.

Exhibit A:
    Sondland didn't say it was his "assumption." He said it was his understanding.
    This is how propaganda works.

Meadows:
    “No one on this planet told you POTUS was tying aid/political investigations?”
    Sondland:
    “Yes”
    Meadows
    “So you have no evidence”
    Sondland:
    “Other than my presumption

You people are just willfully ignorant. You stay in a bubble and refuse to see reality.

Blog Entries

This is all amusing with Bolton's manuscript leaking...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk