Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Bold Predictions - Raven trade for Ryan Kerrigan

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    Washington and dan synder is battling with Baltimore Ravens for its fanbase. synder saw a lot of his fans convert this season. I think that’s was the major factor to finally X’d his good pal Bruce Allen. He needed to find ways to lure them back. I just don’t see how he can trade a cornerstone player for years to his rivals. Won’t happen.
    It's not like he wouldn't be getting compensation

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    If pass rushes is the Ravens biggest weakness and Chase Young is supposed to be better than Bosa, why not trade a 1 and say a 3 this year and next years 1 to move up to draft Young.
    That's nowhere near enough to move up to the #2 pick.

We all see what Bosa has meant to SF.
    Very different situation. Bosa gave them critical mass when added to DeForest Buckner and Arik Armstead and Dee Ford. Bosa was the straw that broke the opposing OL's back.

We got nobody on the D line. We need volume. If we trade away a bunch of draft capital to get Chase Young, then he's all we'll have. I guess the good news is that we'll be able to get critical mass in 3 or 4 years, when we draft our 3rd or 4th dominant D-linemen in the 1st round and add him to Chase & co. The bad news is, our defense in the intervening years will suck.

Don't get me wrong, I'd jump up & down and clap my hands if Chase Young came out with a Tunsil mask vid and fell within our reach in the first round. Also I'd react that way if Jeff Bezos gave me $10M. Neither is very likely.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I would like it with a lower cap figure...he has a $11.5 base salary cap figure so either we'd need to agree on an extension or wait until he's cut.
    If thats an accurate cap figure, I would be surprised if anyone traded for him. If he is cut I'd bring him in on a 1 year prove it deal, maybe with a 2 yr team option.

Blog Entries

I'm still not convinced that EDC isnt going to trade up to get the guy that he thinks puts the Ravens over the hump. If pass rushes is the Ravens biggest weakness and Chase Young is supposed to be better than Bosa, why not trade a 1 and say a 3 this year and next years 1 to move up to draft Young. We all see what Bosa has meant to SF. If young is the guy that they believe gets them the ring I say see what it takes and if it isnt absurd do it. This window will not be open for ever.
    To get from #28 to #2 you would need at least 2 1st round picks and some 2nd round picks and possibly more. Teams don't jump in the draft that far.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    To get from #28 to #2 you would need at least 2 1st round picks and some 2nd round picks and possibly more. Teams don't jump in the draft that far.
    I think you'd need 3 firsts and some change. I mean that's just an enormous jump.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Going off the trade value chart to go from 28 to 2....

It would take our 1, 2, and 3 this year. Our 1, 2, 3 next year. And our 1 in 2022.

Nope.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

It would take our 1, 2, and 3 this year. Our 1, 2, 3 next year. And our 1 in 2022.

Nope.
    Yea, that's way too much. Would love Chase Young, but not at the expense of basically 6-7 players.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Nope.
    I dont even think this is enough. You are counting next years pick values as half the chart value, and 2022 as one third, correct?

Honestly, it would probably take Marlon Humphrey, Mark Andrews, our first this year and next. Or some similar package, perhaps with some mid round filler back and forth for last balance “winning” the negotiations.

The Matt Ryan/Flacco draft thy e Tams wanted our first 5 picks and Suggs to move up from 8 to 2... instead we traded back to 26 for the paltry sum of 2 3’rds and a 4th... which was laughed at then, but this proves a point. The pick chart is a guide, and part of what really matters is who is available, and what that player is worth. When we got on the clock at 8, in a 7 player draft, no one had fallen, and the talent drop off was immense. No one wanted the pick. The rams overplayed their hand and got Chris Long, instead of what could have been a nice haul from us to get Ryan. Oh how franchises would have changed.
    But Chase you g is so good that Washington can ask for the moon and get it if they want. They should be worried that Cincy might get the bright idea to Auction their pick and beat them to the punch, but they need Burrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

You can't even go off the value chart because it's Dan Snyder. It's a complete non starter. I couldn't see DeCosta giving up a Julio Jones type haul to move up (which was two 1st, a 2nd, and two 4ths to jump from 27 to 6) let alone what it would take for the Slurs to be willing to trade that pick to us. And that would absolutely not be the best thing for the team either, no matter how good Young is.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Zero point in even discussing Chase Young. Maybe K’lavon Chaisson falls to us?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Zero point in even discussing Chase Young. Maybe K’lavon Chaisson falls to us?
    Word.

There are two guys that I think would be excellent fits for the Ravens that I would consider (strongly) moving up for.

CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma
    AJ Epenessa, DE, Iowa
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Word.

There are two guys that I think would be excellent fits for the Ravens that I would consider (strongly) moving up for.

CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma
    AJ Epenessa, DE, Iowa
    I read that Espenessa only has one move and that's the bull rush one. He could be a project. If this is true I would rather have someone who's a little more polished.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer