Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Bold Predictions - Raven trade for Ryan Kerrigan

The Redskins are awful at managing an organization, so they won't make a smart move and trade an aging guy for an asset.

But this type of trade isn't a bad idea. I'd love to have Kerrigan here in a specific role. The comparison to McPhee is a good one.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I'm guessing the Redskins will obviously trade him but if it didn't work out I would be interested in him if he was cut.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    What draft pick are we talking here?
    I wouldn't trade for him at all unless the cap number drops a lot.

If that were to be worked out, I'd give up a conditional 6th and could be talked into a conditional 5th.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Do we think that Washington would be willing to do the move?
    You have a brand new group in charge so there is no way to know what they want to do. Usually when someone different takes over personnel there are a lot of changes. We're still going to have to wait and see how they approach things

Blog Entries

Which hypothetical pick is involved in the trade and how much in contract?

Quote Originally Posted by bst3975 View Post
    Kerrigan's play fell off a lot last year and has been declining for a while. This would fall into category of signing an aging veteran who has something to contribute but isn't a game changer, or what he was, like McPhee. Sign as FA maybe (I'm pretty sure the draft offers an equally valuable asset), but not trade-worthy.
    he missed 5 games last season and had 13 sacks on 61 pressures the year before.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanMania View Post
    he missed 5 games last season and had 13 sacks on 61 pressures the year before.
    I think many Washington fans will tell you he has big bursts in a few games, but is prone to inconsistency and disappearing for long stretches especially in big games.

BTW, he's deaf in one ear. Not that that precludes a player being good, but it is a hindrance.

He's very likely to be cut given his cap savings offered to the Skins ($11.5 m). I'd sign him only as a free agent at a much lower figure.

all is I know is that i will be in possession of one of those $4 redskin tickets next year when the ravens play at Marylands other NFL stadium in Landover.

I was lobbying for Kerrigan a year ago before they drafted Ferguson.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Jefferson for kerrigan straight up
    I'd do that, but no draft picks.

Kerrigan would probably be able to help, but not much.

I'm still not convinced that EDC isnt going to trade up to get the guy that he thinks puts the Ravens over the hump. If pass rushes is the Ravens biggest weakness and Chase Young is supposed to be better than Bosa, why not trade a 1 and say a 3 this year and next years 1 to move up to draft Young. We all see what Bosa has meant to SF. If young is the guy that they believe gets them the ring I say see what it takes and if it isnt absurd do it. This window will not be open for ever.