Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Bold Predictions - Raven trade for Ryan Kerrigan

This is an interesting article on Bleacher Report about bold predictions in personnel moves for 2020. The Ravens are up first with a trade for Ryan Kerrigan. It does make a lot of sense. The others are interesting to read too

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...fseason#slide7

Baltimore Ravens Acquire EDGE Ryan Kerrigan from Washington Redskins

Assuming the Cincinnati Bengals select quarterback Joe Burrow with the No. 1 pick, the Washington Redskins will have an opportunity to take defensive end Chase Young at No. 2. If that's the case, the Ohio State product would likely line up opposite Montez Sweat—a 2019 first-rounder.

Washington would have two long-term assets at defensive end, so Ryan Kerrigan may become expendable on the final year of his deal.

In 2019, Kerrigan had a modest campaign, logging a career-low 5.5 sacks. At 31 years old, he may have more to offer, but the nine-year pro would probably see his defensive snap count continue to dwindle behind Young and Sweat.

The Redskins could attempt to trade Kerrigan for 2020 draft capital, and the Baltimore Ravens seem like an ideal landing spot.

Aside from Matt Judon, who's an impending free agent, the Ravens don't have a reliable pass-rusher. This past season, Tyus Bower was second on the team with five sacks. He's logged 8.5 in 47 career contests.

As a playoff team with specific needs, Baltimore should pursue veterans who could provide an immediate impact in sizable roles. Kerrigan is one of the most underrated pass-rushers in the league. Since his 2011 rookie term, he's logged 90 sacks, which ranks fourth among all players.

Re: Bold Predictions - Raven trade for Ryan Kerrigan

I think Kerrigan's recent injury history and age make him an unlikely candidate for a trade...especially any significant draft capital. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see him signed as a FA if the Redskins cut him.

If there's one thing I know it's that the Redskins will not do the smart thing.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Jefferson for kerrigan straight up

Blog Entries

pass

Blog Entries

Do we think that Washington would be willing to do the move?

I would like it with a lower cap figure...he has a $11.5 base salary cap figure so either we'd need to agree on an extension or wait until he's cut.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

For a conditional low draft pick? Sure, I'd take a flier on Kerrigan. But remember dealing with that organization, you are dealing with Snyder. Kerrigan has long been one of Snyder's boys. Rational and sensible are not going to come in to play here.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Washington and dan synder is battling with Baltimore Ravens for its fanbase. synder saw a lot of his fans convert this season. I think that’s was the major factor to finally X’d his good pal Bruce Allen. He needed to find ways to lure them back. I just don’t see how he can trade a cornerstone player for years to his rivals. Won’t happen.

Blog Entries

What draft pick are we talking here?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Kerrigan's play fell off a lot last year and has been declining for a while. This would fall into category of signing an aging veteran who has something to contribute but isn't a game changer, or what he was, like McPhee. Sign as FA maybe (I'm pretty sure the draft offers an equally valuable asset), but not trade-worthy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    For a conditional low draft pick? Sure, I'd take a flier on Kerrigan. But remember dealing with that organization, you are dealing with Snyder. Kerrigan has long been one of Snyder's boys. Rational and sensible are not going to come in to play here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    Washington and dan synder is battling with Baltimore Ravens for its fanbase. synder saw a lot of his fans convert this season. I think that’s was the major factor to finally X’d his good pal Bruce Allen. He needed to find ways to lure them back. I just don’t see how he can trade a cornerstone player for years to his rivals. Won’t happen.
    Yup, these.

My opinion on this hasn't changed from when we were talking about the Redskins as a trade partner in season. Snyder is not trading the most popular player they have on that team to Baltimore for anything short of an absurd haul. And we won't be doing that. I would honestly be as surprised as I've ever been about something football related if this did happen.

Granted, the new staff and org structure they have is kind of a wild card, but until proven otherwise, Snyder is still Snyder.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52