Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: What if Cam Newton

I hate Andy Dalton, so he'd be the perfect fit in NE.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Their defense is way, way, way too good to even come close to Lawrence, even if Belichick himself suited up at QB.
    They're going to have to tank if they want Lawrence. I don't know if BB has that in him. He likes winning too much. But then, he's an art-of-war, lose-battle-to-win-war kind of guy too. Whatever gets him to win in the long run.

To that end, their defense has been gutted from last year's on-pace-to-break-records-for-a-while group. Particularly the front. Jamie Collins, Kyle Van Noy, Danny Shelton, Elandon Roberts and probably Shaq Calhoun are gone. Right now here are your starters:

Lawrence Guy
    Beau Allen
    John Simon
    Brandon King
    Dont'a Hightower
    Ja'Whaun Bentley
    Tashawn Bower

If it were another team, not named the Patriots, you'd look at that and say it's bad. So, all they have to do is play like a normal NFL team would.

Note - Chase Winovich and Deatrich Wise are not listed as starters but I expect them to push for a starting job.

I mean it's really the only job open right now so I expect it to happen. Unless for some reason they are not interested because lets be honest with Newton it's tough to give him any sort of contract without a proper physical

Their defense is way, way, way too good to even come close to Lawrence, even if Belichick himself suited up at QB.
    I think their defense is overrated plus they lost Van Noy

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I think it's more likely that New England are tanking for Trevor but I...
    I'll believe Bill Belichick is conceding a season when I see it with my own two eyes.

Pats are more likely to make the playoffs than be in position to take Trevor.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I think their defense is overrated plus they lost Van Noy
    Yeah, I just don’t think Brady and Van Noy are enough to take a team from 13 wins to 3. But that’s just me though lol

Yeah, I just don’t think Brady and Van Noy are enough to take a team from 13 wins to 3. But that’s just me though lol
    They'll win more than 3 games but their contention will depend on how quickly Stidham can adapt.

They'll win more than 3 games but their contention will depend on how quickly Stidham can adapt.
    I have no idea whether they’ll be good or not. I’m just very confident they won’t be bad enough to be in the Lawrence sweepstakes. No matter who they trot out under center.

9. Re: What if Cam Newton

You really think the Patriots are going to have Stidham as their starting QB?

This is the Cam Newton thread, so, maybe him? Maybe Derek Carr? Maybe Andy Dalton? Isn't Stidham a day 3 pick with no experience?

It seems to me that there's actually a situation of supply exceeding demand for these QBs.

New starters getting drafted seem to include Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Love, Hurts. That's 5 new QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'm not sure Cam will ever be what he once was. Still he can be a very good QB
    Hoof and wing disease

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    You really think the Patriots are going to have Stidham as their starting QB?

This is the Cam Newton thread, so, maybe him? Maybe Derek Carr? Maybe Andy Dalton? Isn't Stidham a day 3 pick with no experience?

It seems to me that there's actually a situation of supply exceeding demand for these QBs.

New starters getting drafted seem to include Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Love, Hurts. That's 5 new QBs.
    It could be that Bill wants a QB like Stidham.. brand new guy that hasn't had any other form of NFL coaching.

It could be that Bill wants a QB like Stidham.. brand new guy that hasn't had any other form of NFL coaching.
    ...who can lose 16 games for them.