Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: What if Cam Newton

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson8 View Post
    I think Bridgewater will be the Pats QB next year, he’s much closer to Brady than Cam is, at least in terms of accuracy, football IQ, and approach to the game. I don’t think there’s any chance Cam is a Pat as long as Belichick and Kraft are there
    Teddy with BB is way scarier to me than Cam.

I think Cam is pretty much used up and done. Not really concerned about where he ends up.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

I may be in the minority but I don't think the Patriots will sign anyone significant if they and Brady move on. It's a chance to hit the reset button which is sorely needed for them offensively. They have no speed, they have an aging Edelman and literally nothing else when it comes to skill guys, and the offensive line is bad. I don't see a veteran QB going there and performing significantly better than Brady did this year, which obviously wasn't good enough.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I think Bridgewater will be the Pats QB next year, he’s much closer to Brady than Cam is, at least in terms of accuracy, football IQ, and approach to the game. I don’t think there’s any chance Cam is a Pat as long as Belichick and Kraft are there
    Bridgewater is way more likely than Cam in New England. Also how mobile is Cam now after getting beat up the last decade?

I'm not worried about the Patriots anymore.

Kansas City is our new New England.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I may be in the minority but I don't think the Patriots will sign anyone significant if they and Brady move on. It's a chance to hit the reset button which is sorely needed for them offensively. They have no speed, they have an aging Edelman and literally nothing else when it comes to skill guys, and the offensive line is bad. I don't see a veteran QB going there and performing significantly better than Brady did this year, which obviously wasn't good enough.
    Watch the Patriots completely tank next year to land Trevor Lawrence in the 2021 draft.

Blog Entries

The QB I'd be most worried about ending up with the Patriots is Jameis Winston. He has an incredible amount of talent and would really benefit from intense discipline and structure. It reminds me of Brett Favre going to Green Bay. The end result could be massive.

Blog Entries

I think the Patriots are going to bring in Marcus Mariota. That would be the best situation for Mariota to resurrect his career, and I think he would fit into what BB and McDaniels are looking for.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Yogidriver View Post
    I'm not worried about the Patriots anymore.

Kansas City is our new New England.
    Too early to say this. NE still has Belichick all they need is a fresh arm at QB.

I don't see New England as a fit for Cam.

The Colts or Chargers on the other hand would be good spots.

Tannehill would do some damage in NE. I don't know if that makes any sense based on their cap number but I can see him being a good BB guy for another 5+ years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The QB I'd be most worried about ending up with the Patriots is Jameis Winston. He has an incredible amount of talent and would really benefit from intense discipline and structure. It reminds me of Brett Favre going to Green Bay. The end result could be massive.
    That one never crossed my mind and god damn you are right