Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What if Cam Newton

I have been thinking Andy Dalton to New England for awhile now.
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""
    - Brian Billick - postgame after beating Titans in Divisional playoff 2001

Twitter handle: @radams8483

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The QB I'd be most worried about ending up with the Patriots is Jameis Winston. He has an incredible amount of talent and would really benefit from intense discipline and structure. It reminds me of Brett Favre going to Green Bay. The end result could be massive.
    Jameis also has an affinity for seafood and the Pats could offer him all the lobster he can sneak out of the supermarket playing in New England.

The QB I'd be most worried about ending up with the Patriots is Jameis Winston. He has an incredible amount of talent and would really benefit from intense discipline and structure. It reminds me of Brett Favre going to Green Bay. The end result could be massive.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    That one never crossed my mind and god damn you are right
    Seriously? BB would have a brain aneurysm dealing with how often Winston turns the ball over.

I think someone else's suggestion, Dalton, would be a good fit. I could see him having a Rich Gannon like late career resurgence in that environment. Another guy to keep an eye on would be Marcus Mariota.

Blog Entries

Winston turning the ball over at the rate he does is not because of a discipline or structure issue within the Bucs organization. It's who he is. Not to mention the significant difference in skill players, going from two top 5-10 receivers in Evans and Godwin to guys like Harry, Sanu, and Edelman, making an already erratic and turnover prone QB have to fit passes into tighter windows. Not sure that's a great fit. It wouldn't scare me, anyway.

Nobody the Patriots sign is going to make them better than Buffalo (on paper) next year, let alone any of the top tier AFC teams.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Winston turning the ball over at the rate he does is not because of a discipline or structure issue within the Bucs organization. It's who he is. Not to mention the significant difference in skill players, going from two top 5-10 receivers in Evans and Godwin to guys like Harry, Sanu, and Edelman, making an already erratic and turnover prone QB have to fit passes into tighter windows. Not sure that's a great fit. It wouldn't scare me, anyway.

Nobody the Patriots sign is going to make them better than Buffalo (on paper) next year, let alone any of the top tier AFC teams.
    A lot can change in one offseason.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Goes to New England? Would that get scary? I think BB really wants a mobile QB.
    I think any QB that goes to New England has a chance to have the best years of his career.
    Say what you will about Bill, he'll build an offense around the players ability. He's comes from the mindset of tell/show me what a player can do don't tell me what he can't do.

Blog Entries

A lot can change in one offseason.
    I don't disagree, but I think they have to do more than what is capable of being done in one offseason to make their offense competitive, IMO.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

BB ain't bringing in that pick 6 machine

Blog Entries

Bill Belichick’s headache could be massive.

Winston is going to be the AB of QBs...

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    His foot was the issue this year
    His foot fell off too?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Goes to New England? Would that get scary? I think BB really wants a mobile QB.
    Not at all. Cam historically is in accurate particularly with high ball placement, he would not fit well in that system at all.