Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Gase

Adam Gase

Can anyone explain to me why Adam Gase continues to get to coach in the NFL? Does he have dirt on somebody?

I mean, the man seems like the absolutely most toxic head coach out there, with zero success to show for it (outside of Peyton Manning working magic for his system when he was offensive coordinator, and even Manning couldn’t stand him at times).

I feel like he is destined to continue to get employed by the currently worst run franchises in the NFL. The next logical stop is the Browns after he’s fired this year and they decide to prematurely fire the next head coach.

The man is 30-34 in 4 seasons as a head coach, with scandals riddled all over his Miami team, and his “I don’t give a shit” attitude towards everything. The fan base literally cheers for him to be fired and Jamal Adams is now saying he’s a major part of him requesting a trade. How does this kind of thing happen?

Re: Adam Gase

There was an era when the top 5 head coaching candidates were the same 5 guys that got fired as head coaches. There was an utter fear of hiring unproven or less experienced coaches. They were the safe hire that went get you fired and won't win a superbowl. Shitty franchises like the Jets always seemed to follow this paradigm. However, I think we're seeing a shift, and possibly an over reach toward younger coaches. I've heard some call it the McVay effect. So you've got 40 year old kliff Kingsbury and 35 year old Zac Taylor, 38 year old Joe Judge and 45 year old Matt Rhule, 38 year old Stephan Stephanski all hired in the last 2 seasons. Not to forget the best young coach, Kyle Shanahan.

So I think the days of using, "I'm a former head coach, you should hire me even though I sucked", are over. However, there's an argument to be made older coordinators are being overlooked with this focus on younger coaches.

Another trend is college offenses being successful in the NFL which opens a while new group of talent besides NFL coordinators, so in short, I don't think Gase will ever be hired again after this. Maybe by the Redskins.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I think the Jets would have fired him, except they don't want to be the kind of team that fires their head coach after one year, because "that's what bad teams do". So they've saddled themselves for another year with a coach that everyone, including the Jets themselves, knows is terrible. He'll be sacked at the end of the 2020 season at the very latest and I'm sure Joe Douglas knows that, too.

It's the stupidest line of thinking I've ever heard. It's as if they don't realise that the the real thing "bad teams do" is make consistently bad decisons.

Give Kaepernick a shot. (runs out of the room)

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Give Kaepernick a shot. (runs out of the room)
    Rent free.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Rent free.
    Sometimes it's OK just to laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I read something similar but I assumed the Jamal Adams situation prompted this entire thread. Otherwise, just a random shot.

I'm posing a challenge. Can anyone name a coach worse than Gase that currently has a head coaching job? Can't be based on record alone. Some guys inherited disasters or are stuck rebuilding.

I Googled this to find existing stats, which i didn't find but I did find this gem:
    https://medium.com/sportsraid/the-12...y-c5dec58e3684

Did anybody know that Mart Mornhinweg has the overall worst HC record in history? Lol. I miss our threads on that clown, but even I never knew that stat.

9. Re: Adam Gase

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    I read something similar but I assumed the Jamal Adams situation prompted this entire thread. Otherwise, just a random shot.

I'm posing a challenge. Can anyone name a coach worse than Gase that currently has a head coaching job? Can't be based on record alone. Some guys inherited disasters or are stuck rebuilding.

I Googled this to find existing stats, which i didn't find but I did find this gem:
    https://medium.com/sportsraid/the-12...y-c5dec58e3684

Did anybody know that Mart Mornhinweg has the overall worst HC record in history? Lol. I miss our threads on that clown, but even I never knew that stat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajan Nanavati
    Presenting, for your reading pleasure: the 12 worst head coaches in NFL history (who coached at least 10 games), ranked in order of career winning percentage.
    So, uh, where is Cam Cameron and his 1-15 record (.063)? Using the 10 game criteria, the coach with the worst record is Bill Peterson, who coached the 1972 and 1973 Oilers to a 1-18 (.053) record.

You can see the record for what I assume is every coach in NFL history (and others from before NFL was a thing) here: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ . You'll have to uncheck the "Hide non-qualifiers for rate stats" box above the table to see Cameron, Mornhinweg, and Peterson.

Gase's .469 wining percentage is 67th worst record among qualifiers (183 total), and 369th worst among all (500 total).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

@guy - that's a great find on MM. also figured it would have to be Hue

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    So, uh, where is Cam Cameron and his 1-15 record (.063)? Using the 10 game criteria, the coach with the worst record is Bill Peterson, who coached the 1972 and 1973 Oilers to a 1-18 (.053) record.

You can see the record for what I assume is every coach in NFL history (and others from before NFL was a thing) here: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ . You'll have to uncheck the "Hide non-qualifiers for rate stats" box above the table to see Cameron, Mornhinweg, and Peterson.

Gase's .469 wining percentage is 67th worst record among qualifiers (183 total), and 369th worst among all (500 total).
    Wow. Bill Peterson is dead but we could still hire Hugh Jackson and the Ravens will have the 3 worst head coaches in football alive today to run our offense. Poor Flacco dealt with what, like 120 games with these two?

Its moments like this I thank the football Gods for Wink and Roman.

Blog Entries

One of the main reasons they hired Joe Douglas was because of his relationship with Adam Gase. Douglas came in late last year after the draft and a bunch of questionable free agent contracts. Gase and Douglas are going to get at least 1 full year to work together.

With the Pats looking vulnerable for the first time the pressure is going to be on. If the Jets don't make real run for the division then Douglas is going to to have to look out for himself and throw out Gase, friend or not