The young NFL QB's have officialy taken over

In the next 2 years, we'll be saying goodbye to Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Rivers, Eli Manning and Rodgers. If you haven't noticed, the young QB's are taking over the NFL: Mahomes, LJ, Watson, Josh Allen, etc.

The scary part is, the Ravens are really going to have their work cut out for them because the AFC has the large majority of young superstar QB's especially when you consider Burrow to the Bengals and Tua most likely to the Dolphins.

How would you like to be the Steelers? They're going have a 38 year old QB who's coming off major arm surgery and who's had the crap beaten out of him over the past 15 years. No first round pick this year and their young backups were pathetic. Future looks grim there.

Blog Entries

Re: The young NFL QB's have officialy taken over

Things always change in the NFL. Guys can look like studs one year and duds the next..... Mayfield, RG3, Goff, Wentz. Cant really crown any of the guys you named yet.

That same thing holds true for the Steelers. Tannehill went to the Titans and was much better. Whose to say a guy like Winston or Trubisky, wont pull a second act like that in another uniform. Hell, Kurt Warner had 9 lives. Every time you thought he was done he went somewhere else and came back to life again.

The NFL is so year to year it is pointless to try to predict the future. Just enjoy that ride. I will say this, Tomlin has never had to develop a QB, if Pitt cant find a vet to bring in.

Certainly Big Ben does not have to many years left, but I think the next one or two could be trouble. they were in the playoff hunt till the very last game with Rudolf and Duck also JuJu and Connor were hurt on and off throughout the year They have a terrific D and if Ben is decent they will be trouble next year IMO
    I never write off the steelers as much I hope Ben is done

Blog Entries

Mahomes' TD run yesterday was nothing short of amazing. To think we have a guy that can do that also. Lamar and the entire offense just needs to refine the passing game a little. We can't go into next year being one of those teams they say can't play from behind.

I still think Mayfield can be a really good one. Freddie Kitchens didn't help much. The AFC North could be Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield and Joe Burrow. The Steelers are gonna be down and out for a few years unless they luck into a Russell Wilson in later rounds.

In any event the OP is right, the young guys are taking over at QB and the Ravens have the youngest including Joe Burrow!

If stoolers o line gets back to beats mode Big Ben can still be effective

They have an entire offseason to work with Rudolph and get him ready if they decide to go that route

We're gonna have to get through Mahomes to win a superbowl..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    We're gonna have to get through Mahomes to win a superbowl..
    Well, if we can't play from behind, I don't see how we're going to be able to do that.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore