Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Re: I’m actually ok with this Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Hiker View Post
    Andy Reid is a first tier coach,, one of the best in the league during the regular season. He's known as an offensive genius. However he's a .500 coach in the playoffs and he's never won a Super Bowl.

All those great years in Philadelphia, except they would choke every year in the playoffs and Reid would invariably make mistakes in the most crucial situations. McNabb too would choke and eventually they were both run out of Philadelphia on a rail, due to all those playoff losses.

Even in KC Reed has continued to have devastating losses in the playoffs the last 6 years. The question is whether this year the team is good enough to win even with the inevitable mistakes by Reed in crucial situations in the Super Bowl.
    His offense this year is too strong to be stymied by Reid's coaching ineptitude. The offense will carry the team to victory. SF (specifically Jimmy G) will screw this up. Unless Belichick helps Kyle (not out of the question) then KC's going to roll them.

Blog Entries

No Patriots - Yay

No Ravens - Boo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    He's been through a lot too. Didn't his son die of an overdose?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Yes. Heroin overdose. He had been in trouble for years and in and out of jail. Just horrible

I'd love to see Reid and Mahomes get one, but I don't think there's any stopping the Niners.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

I never understood posters who stop watching football after the ravens season ends. I personally love the game too much to prevent me from watching other teams and other games(especially the SB) long after the ravens season ends.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I never understood posters who stop watching football after the ravens season ends. I personally love the game too much to prevent me from watching other teams and other games(especially the SB) long after the ravens season ends.
    They don’t watch other games during the season either. Kind of explains a lot of over reactions when your comp is 2000 Ravens

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Me too. It's a nice distraction

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They don’t watch other games during the season either. Kind of explains a lot of over reactions when your comp is 2000 Ravens
    This is very true.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I'd love to see Reid and Mahomes get one, but I don't think there's any stopping the Niners.
    The 49ers have a good defense but I'm thinking their offense is nothing to write home about.
    If they are going to win their defense will have to play well and it will be a low scoring game.
    I'm not convinced they can shut Mahomes down the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Hiker View Post
    The 49ers have a good defense but I'm thinking their offense is nothing to write home about.
    If they are going to win their defense will have to play well and it will be a low scoring game.
    I'm not convinced they can shut Mahomes down the whole game.
    Also if I'm Andy Reid, I'm going all out to shutdown the 49ers rushing attack and put the pressure on Jimmy G to perform. I also think the 49ers are going to have major problems trying to slow down Mahomes.

Deebo will be a problem for the Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That's true. Not sure why that slipped my mind?

Need more coffee...
    They had a couple good years with Mooch as HC and Garcia as QB. They were #1 seed in 2002.

But yea, aside from that and the Harbaugh years, they were straight garbage.

After Young's final season of starting (1998) here's how they faired:

1999-2003 (end of Mariucci era) they were a combined 32-32 (2 playoff appearances)

2003-2009 (Erickson, Nolan, Singletary) they were a combined 46-82. (0 playoff appearances)

2010-2013 (Harbaugh) they were 36-11-1 (3 playoff appearances)

2014-2018 (Tomsula, Chip, Shanahan) a combined 25-55 (0 playoff appearances)