Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: I’m actually ok with this Super Bowl

I'm cool with this, if for no other reason than it prevents what would've been Super Bowl LIV Sponsored by State Farm. If you thought we'd been bombarded by Mahomes-Rodgers spots now... (That said, I confess I was still rooting for GB.)

I'll save my official prediction for later, but my first instinct is that this game won't be particularly close. I see this as a coronation of sorts for the Chiefs and, to a greater extent, Mahomes.

I'm just thankful New England isn't in the Super Bowl again. I hope they are like KC and they don't make it for the next 50 years.

I am not a fan of either team so have no interest in watching the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by CynBeth View Post
    I am not a fan of either team so have no interest in watching the SB.
    This.

Whatever result gives the Chiefs a bigger Super Bowl hangover is what I want

why does everyone love Andy Reid so much? i just remember him as the coach of the Eagles all those years with terrible clock management and bone-headed decisions. i mean i guess he's alright, i don't dislike him, but man it seems like a lot of posters really love the guy. just always seemed like a second tier coach that didnt elicit strong feelings one way or another for me.

also GO SIZZLE!!!!!!!!!! my eyes have finally adjusted to looking for 94 instead of 55. might be the last time i ever see him play. i'm basically rootinf for Sizzle with all the spirit i can muster. this means i'm rooting for KC by proxy, but man i just wanna see him one more time. gonna miss his game for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    why does everyone love Andy Reid so much? i just remember him as the coach of the Eagles all those years with terrible clock management and bone-headed decisions. i mean i guess he's alright, i don't dislike him, but man it seems like a lot of posters really love the guy. just always seemed like a second tier coach that didnt elicit strong feelings one way or another for me.
    Andy Reid is a first tier coach,, one of the best in the league during the regular season. He's known as an offensive genius. However he's a .500 coach in the playoffs and he's never won a Super Bowl.

All those great years in Philadelphia, except they would choke every year in the playoffs and Reid would invariably make mistakes in the most crucial situations. McNabb too would choke and eventually they were both run out of Philadelphia on a rail, due to all those playoff losses.

Even in KC Reed has continued to have devastating losses in the playoffs the last 6 years. The question is whether this year the team is good enough to win even with the inevitable mistakes by Reed in crucial situations in the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Caps&Ravens View Post
    Whatever result gives the Chiefs a bigger Super Bowl hangover is what I want
    You're onto something...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Hiker View Post
    Andy Reid is a first tier coach,, one of the best in the league during the regular season. He's known as an offensive genius. However he's a .500 coach in the playoffs and he's never won a Super Bowl.

All those great years in Philadelphia, except they would choke every year in the playoffs and Reid would invariably make mistakes in the most crucial situations. McNabb too would choke and eventually they were both run out of Philadelphia on a rail, due to all those playoff losses.

Even in KC Reed has continued to have devastating losses in the playoffs the last 6 years. The question is whether this year the team is good enough to win even with the inevitable mistakes by Reed in crucial situations in the Super Bowl.
    He's been through a lot too. Didn't his son die of an overdose?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Harbaugh is like his mentor Reid, neither had his team ready out of the gate. KC's offense is, however, too strong. I don't think anything is going to stop it.

Shanahan pissed away a 25 point lead in a superbowl in Atlanta. Let's set what he does in round 2 where he does not have a QB he trusts not to turn the ball over.