Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Our run D is overrated

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    The Ravens were 14-2 this year, 6-1 w/ Lamar the year before.

They made the same mistakes in the playoffs both years, not enough running.

The Ravens need to not get worse on defense, and not get worse on offense. They don't need to make any major changes.

The Ravens had issues on defense in the beginning of the season. Then they had a huge winning streak to end the season, after adding quite a few new players, after letting a few good players go in the off season.

Stay the course, keep doing what they're doing, and don't take risks in the playoffs like throwing too much, and going for it on 4th. Win with the legs, not with the gambling, in the playoffs. T
    I disagree. We need to make improvements, especially on offense. I don't care how good our D is, eventually we're going to face a situation where we get behind and have to pass as we did in our losses to the Chiefs and Titans this year. Some explosive offense that has our number that day, combined with other factors that reared their ugly heads - turnovers, bad playcalling, risky 4th downs, sputtering offense, etc. As explosive as Mahomes is, a few failed drives/mistakes like that is enough to go down 14-21 points. And even disregarding the possibility of big deficit, there still is the possibility/probability that we'll find ourselves down in a late 2 minute drill. Situations that force us to become a passing team is what I'm getting at. That's where our offense needs to improve to reach the next level.

I want an offense that can erase a 24-0 deficit in a blink like the Chiefs did, not one that folds when the run gets taken away

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Yup. If we could just get 4 top 10 draft picks for the D-Line we’d be set. They also have 1st round picks Jimmy Ward, Rueben Foster and a bunch of 2nd round picks on that defense. Isn’t that everything that posters were bitching about Ozzie doing for years?
    I am stunned foster is still in the league, but he's not on the 9ers

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post

Solution? We may be in for a defensive tackle in the first round to shore up the defensive line and maybe another later on as well with a defensive end somewhere in there too of course. Jordan Elliott?

Just what the Ravens need - another overpaid defensive tackle. I guess the four 325 lb guys they all ready got ain't enough. Lets go add a couple of more!