Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Our run D is overrated

Boy this sounds familiar

IMO, we need at least 2 LBs even more than the DL. We overachieved on defense this year with 2 slow street FAs because they were an improvement over what we had at the beginning of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    IMO, we need at least 2 LBs even more than the DL. We overachieved on defense this year with 2 slow street FAs because they were an improvement over what we had at the beginning of the year.
    Athletic middle linebacker is a big need, but the whole front seven needs talent and/or big steps forward. Edge rusher that can set an edge is needed. A 3-4 end or a DT that can collapse the center of the pocket etc. There is a reason the team brought extra so many times (and worse they didn’t didn’t get there as often).

Edit: I agree also that many teams didn’t try to run or the offense got out fast and they abandoned. The times team could run accounted for a squeaker and 2 of the three losses. Still great year!

The old not best athlete but super sound got run over by Henry and the team had an awful time with Mostert on the outside runs as well.

Going back to the old Walsh-ism that I think still holds true...scheme can do a lot on offense, but defenses are going to need athletic talent in addition to scheme and football Iq.
    Just win baby...

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    Tennessee caught lightning in the bottle. I dont think we have to fret over the Titans. KC is a whole different beast. It should be the Ravens and KC battling it out for the next couple of years.
    100% agree.

TN may be a solid team in the future- but not an elite team. Ravens vs Chiefs for the next 7- 10 year window.

Each year there will be a team that rises and surprises- but the perennial powers should be KC v Baltimore!

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    This is a problem that may take a while to solve though the draft. It might take 2 or 3 drafts. They can't afford to wait because their window is open now. So this leaves trades and FA signings. They are going to have to mortgage the future a little bit to win now.
    I agree with this. Unless we hit a grandslam in the draft this is the scenario most likely to happen
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson8 View Post
    The word on how to beat us is out. Get a lead, make us play from behind, quit the run and become a pass heavy team. We can’t win from behind with these receivers. Gotta get better so we can win in passing shootouts just as good as our running attack. That’s the only way we’re ever going to beat Mahomes
    So is not turning the ball over 3 times, becoming less physical than your opponent, catching passes etc......
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Front 7 needs an overhaul.

B-Will was great this year, so that's good. Pierce can go. We need another DT who can do it all.

The EDGE and LB guys needs to be overhauled.

Luckily, this draft class looks okay from a depth perspective and the FA class is very deep.

There's no reason we shouldn't be able to really focus there and have an improved front 7 next year.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Any chance bengals cut geno Atkins lol

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Any chance bengals cut geno Atkins lol
    What about Gerald Ford from the Panthers?

Speed is the key to the NFL
    Need to add speed at WR (in a guy bigger than 5'9", 150 lbs who falls over after catching the ball)
    Need to add speed at LB'er

I don’t mind making moves to solidify the defense. I just think improving the WR corps needs to be priority 1. Mahomes is special talent. No one is shutting him down. Maybe he can be limited to some degree but eventually he’s going to break out and we’ll have to outscore him when that happens

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson8 View Post
    I don’t mind making moves to solidify the defense. I just think improving the WR corps needs to be priority 1. Mahomes is special talent. No one is shutting him down. Maybe he can be limited to some degree but eventually he’s going to break out and we’ll have to outscore him when that happens
    Watch the Superbowl.