Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Our run D is overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    I hope EDC watch the niners and build up the Dline.
    I don't think he needed to watch the 49ers.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

49ers D line is mostly high draft picks. aint happening here

Blog Entries

I think Veritas covered it well enough.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

This is a problem that may take a while to solve though the draft. It might take 2 or 3 drafts. They can't afford to wait because their window is open now. So this leaves trades and FA signings. They are going to have to mortgage the future a little bit to win now.

Our front 7 is savvy but not athletic at all.

I would draft a WR before anything else

We don’t need an all-pro defense with an offense like this. We need an offense that’s even more effective, efficient and explosive. We need playmaking WRs and an improved OL

Quote Originally Posted by G54377 View Post
    Our front 7 is savvy but not athletic at all.
    It will take a few years, but I want to see DeCosta revamp the d-line to be athletic types and no more run stuffers that can't do anything else. I don't think the run stuffers on the Ravens are even that great and benefited more from the Ravens jumping out to big leads. Brandon Williams did play better this year, but his type of player isn't as valuable in today's NFL.

i was actually thinking about this a lot this week. i'm not the smartest Xs and Os guy, but i was just thinking what's the point of having two stud nose tackles if they can't collapse the pocket. sure we give up very little up the middle, but how valuable is that when we can't pressure the QB rushing 4? and what makes some huge nose tackles great at stopping the run but terrible at getting pressure? i just remember watching Wilfork totally blow up our line and wreck the run and pass game. i'm no expert, but i'm really starting to think having two NTs tries to solve the wrong problems. wouldn't it be better to trade one for a really good LB to pair with the remaining NT?

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson8 View Post
    We don’t need an all-pro defense with an offense like this. We need an offense that’s even more effective, efficient and explosive. We need playmaking WRs and an improved OL
    Our O is still in tip top shape especially with Skura coming back plus the RPO helps them. This front 7 needs work.

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson8 View Post
    Look at the Chiefs. With as prolific an offense as they had, they had to sure up the defense to take that next step. The Honey badger and Clark were huge for them this year. That Defense was able to hold Henry to 70 yards. After giving up 24 points to Houston last week they were able to shut them down. Yes they are an offensive team but the Defense had to slow Henry down to allow the offense to work.

Baltimore has to sure up the defense or they will continue to fall short in the post season. Other than the three TOs against the Titans the #1 factor in losing that game was the inability of Baltimore to get off the field on 3rd down. The Titans scored all 4 TDs on 3rd down last week. They absolutely have to fix this defense in the off season or you are going to waste this window while Lamar is on his rookie deal.

We need to mirror our defense after the 49ers