Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Our Last Actual Playoff Victory

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    God, I miss that pass rush. Imagine if Martindale had that kind of front 7, what he'd do with it
    I was doing a double take seeing Dumervil, Suggs, McPhee (pre-injuries), and Upshaw all in there along with Ngata disrupting the inside.

We got one guy right now at edge (Judon) who is a complimentary piece at best and nobody on the DL who can disrupt like Ngata could. Pierce was so underwhelming this year. I'd say let him walk but I don't think he'll cost as much as we originally thought after his mediocre 2019 season.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    I was doing a double take seeing Dumervil, Suggs, McPhee (pre-injuries), and Upshaw all in there along with Ngata disrupting the inside.

We got one guy right now at edge (Judon) who is a complimentary piece at best and nobody on the DL who can disrupt like Ngata could. Pierce was so underwhelming this year. I'd say let him walk but I don't think he'll cost as much as we originally thought after his mediocre 2019 season.

I think the Front office knows DL is a weak point. Remember they wanted Gerald Mccoy but he turned them down to sign with the Panthers.
    Big mistake on his part but they seem to know its an area that needs immediate improvement.

The 49ers are in the superbowl pretty much this year because of their Front 7. They were killing Rogers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    16', we blew it late in the season against the Steelers
    17', we blew it late in the season against the Steelers AND the Bengals
    18', we got embarrassed in the playoffs
    19', we got our first #1 seed in team history, only to be embarrassed again

There's only one common denominator at this point.
    Marvin Lewis was 0 for 7 in the playoffs - before getting whacked by Mike Brown. I don't believe that Bisciotti would be as patient. Don't be surprised to see Harbaugh canned if the 2020 team adds a 3rd straight embarrassment.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

He has to have the record for most ‘1 star’ threads created on this board right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Marvin Lewis was 0 for 7 in the playoffs - before getting whacked by Mike Brown. I don't believe that Bisciotti would be as patient. Don't be surprised to see Harbaugh canned if the 2020 team adds a 3rd straight embarrassment.
    no chance

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    i think harbaugh's job is safe through LJ's rookie deal. after winning MVP this year it's clear they're building sround him for the foreseeable future and i dont know if you could really hand this off to anyone else at this point and expect any success. year 4 or 5 is when they decide if it's time to move on from harbaugh and bring in a new coach who will pick his/her own coordinators and QB and do things the way they want. this just isn't a turnkey dropback passer offense that half the league could manage well if brought in to coach

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    The NFL Network had a segment on TV last week and the question was who is the most underrated player in the NFL within the past 10 years and 1 of the 4 panelist chose none other than Joe Flacco highlighting how often he was in the playoffs, his record and beating the Patriots twice in Foxboro and Manning during Mannings best year in Denver.

Hard to disagree. Joe was solid during the first say 6-7 years of his career.
    I would agree with that. For one thing, the offense was never set up for the QB to be the star and put up all the stats. I’d say that his first two playoff years, he was more so along for the ride. Against Miami, he threw for one, ran for one and just didn’t get in the way. Against Tennessee, it was much of the same. There were two big throws that he made the entire game, but that’s all they needed. Against Pittsburgh, especially following that Darren Stone penalty, they needed more and he couldn’t give it.

The next year, he probably shouldn’t have even played in the playoffs with the injury he had and had played through for most of the season. They ran through New England without him having to do much of anything. That Indianapolis game reminded me of this past Titans game. The skilled position players dropped passes early on and kept doing so throughout. Eventually, Joe started trying to do it all himself, force passes and that’s when the turnovers came. That was also the game he got into it with Cam Cameron.

The Chiefs game was the first one where I felt he played really well and was one of the main reasons we won. In Pittsburgh, he started off strong, stumbled, gathered himself and we all know how that one ended. From there, the only game where I felt like he didn’t play well was the Texans game. It’s not even that he played poorly. He just got his ass kicked. The following week, he’s a Lee Evans away from a moment for the ages. All four games in 2012 and the two games in 2014, you could argue he was the best player on the field. Not that he definitively was. Just that you could hear an argument for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    The NFL Network had a segment on TV last week and the question was who is the most underrated player in the NFL within the past 10 years and 1 of the 4 panelist chose none other than Joe Flacco highlighting how often he was in the playoffs, his record and beating the Patriots twice in Foxboro and Manning during Mannings best year in Denver.

Hard to disagree. Joe was solid during the first say 6-7 years of his career.
    Underrated on other panels but overrated on RSR

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    there's no common denominator. 17 and 19 are both prime numbers
    My dad joke inventory just went up by one.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Let's find out

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    He has to have the record for most ‘1 star’ threads created on this board right?
    No real competition.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Now, I'll have to watch highlights like this on loop to try and cheer the fan in me up.

To be fair, you were doing that either way

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk